Becaco

Texas People #4

Morning all :smileywavey:

I'll get a piture of my "something" in a day or two. Kind of running in circles this time of year.

PS

Glad the party went well. I have a love-hate relationship with planning partys. As long as I have a few weeks to get things together, I'm good. If it's only a few day I go crazy. If I go on all breeds will I be able to see a picture of the stallion?

Epona

I hope we have a mild winter too, along with your once a week rain....that woudld be a big blessing for everyone.

got to run :smileywavey:

Howdy

Golly, almost everyone has been MIA for a while.

JR, I can not imagine what you could have gotten in Luckenbach that you've never had before...there's not much there! You didn't bring Willie home with you did you? happy0203.gif

The suspense is driving me batty...hurry with the photos please.

Epona when will you bring your boy home from Dilute's? Hope all goes well with the snip snip in Jan.

Peppy, glad the party went well. I need a party or something to give me the Christmas Spirit!

Are you out this Friday?

So how does this new stud compare with the one you bred her to and didn't take? If she's not in foal now, maybe having a live cover will improve her chances. angel3.gif

My daughter's Christmas Spirit is seriously lacking this year! We don't even have a tree up yet! She's so distracted right now (it's a good distraction) but it's wrecked havoc on Christmas this year.

The Polar Express is this weekend and I'm hoping it will kick start some Spirit. Will be so nice to have Jay there.

Speaking of Jason...Devon is sitting down with all the guys one at a time for their evaluations for promotion to pumper 3. It will mean a $3/hr. raise BUT only one guy gets it. So far no one has.

It would suck for every one else, but I sure would love him to be the one to get it!

If ya'll could remember him in your thoughts and prayers. He could finally get his apartment finished with the extra money.

Trace has early release at noon Friday. yahoo.gif

He's all excited, they get to wear their Christmas jammies, (which we need to shop for) he's outgrown his from last year.

Being a Polish town, several of the teachers make homemade kolaches and hot chocolate and they watch movies all day.

I am looking forward to the 2 week break from school and having my boy here all day. We're going to do all the baking.

Well Amanda is demanding I make fudge so I guess I need to go get that done so she can take it to work tomorrow.

Take care, be safe on the roads.

JR - A picture of him is on allbreeds or you can google his name and he has a website (I'm just not good at attaching a link here).

QH - The stallion has a very good pedigree (grandson of Nu Chex to Cash and Hollywood Dun It) and looks (palomino with white socks). He is a 2007 model (first foal crop due this spring I believe). He should do well as he is currently in training. Plus live cover is a plus. I only got two frozen sticks last year so I am not optimistic. Still not happy how it all went down with that breeder.

Enjoy the Polar Express. I've heard good things about it.

Epona - Can't wait to see new pics of Spyder. I bet he is growing up fast.

School is winding down. I get out next Tuesday but don't have any more students after tomorrow. I still have so much grading to do. There just comes a point when my brain says no more.

I think we're aiming for March? I have to balance it just right, as I have goats due to start kidding in March through April. So we'll have to fit his return in between kiddings. I do NOT like to miss a kidding, in case something goes wrong. I've only completely missed one in all these years. Two I stepped out for a moment and missed the actual arrival, but was back soon enough if something was wrong I could have caught it. Those goats waited for me to leave. lol.

Going to be hard pressed not to want to just bring him home next month when we see him

:smileywavey: Morning all

Okay, this is what I got last weekend

HPIM1305.jpg

I have an freakishly small head. I have never had an "adult" hat that has fit me. Crowns too tall, brims too wide. I usually look like a little kid wearing a hat. My helmet is a small adult and I still have to crack the band tighter. Anyways, when I walked into the hat shop the lady asked if there was anything special we were looking for. I said yep, something that would fit my peahead. Low and behold she had just the thing. 6*7/8 medium rise crown. 3" brim with a cigar roll.

Do you know she still had to put hat tape in to make it fit. 3x American made. Snail Creek Hat company . Luckenbach TX whoo hoo a real hat!!! That is my Christmas present.

That's the best picture I could get.

Okay.....got to run

Ya'll have a great day

0806220278-1-1.jpg

Nice hat, JR.

We got our tree up, with a lot less ornaments on it this year. I didn?t put anything on the tree that was fragile. Around the bottom I put some that it wouldn?t matter what Little Mache did with them. I was right he is having fun taking those off and playing with them. Nana got some gifts wrapped and put under the tree. Little Mache thought they were there to practice his mountain climbing. We dug out the playpen and put the gifts in there.

The DH has his Christmas present. He bought himself a big flat screen TV.

Other than that, nothing much going on here.

Nothin new here. I've still been working 60 hours a week (next couple of weeks will be slow though so I've asked for Christmas Eve, Christmas day, New Years Eve and New Years Day off), all they can say is no, husband still does not have a job. When he moved everything down from South Dakota he left a lot of stuff behind thinking he would be working right away and it would be easily replaced. Well that did not happen so we have no Christmas decorations at all and I don't have the extra money to buy them. Very little Christmas spirit around here.

I've seen a mouse in the shed and now in the house. We have got to get a couple of cats. I hate mice in the house!

Ruby has now put enough weight on to get ridden. Last week the neighbors were down so I brushed off and tacked up both horses. Stepped onto Ruby and yall would have thought I'd been riding her every day since her arrival and she has not been ridden in at least 14 months. She did not hunch her back, act bitchy, nothing. So, I let the neighbor ride Dusty and we took off for about an hour so she could get away from the kids for awhile. It was great, the highlight of my week/month. I was so proud of her!

J.R. great hat!

Morning all

Becaco

We havent had Cady over since we put up the tree. She'll see it this weekend. Her mom says she's good about not touching the tree but bad about wanting to open every package. We'll see what happens.

Haffy

awe :huggy: Christmas isn't all about stuff. You got your hub and the critters. Light a few candles , crack open a few bottles and try to find some time to relax. My wish for you for 2012 would be for everything to fall into place so you can slow down. wuvs ya :wub:

Oh my, don't you love when they act perfect? makes you feel proud.

QH

Make sure you take lots of pictures on the train. Will Amanda be wearing her jammies too? Stick an eggnog( a real one)in her hand and some holly in her hair and kick her rear into the spirit :lol:

I have just about finished everything. Still have to get some candy for the stockings and decide what we are going to have for dinner, but should I say it? I think I'm done?

Got to go ya'll have a great day

Make sure you take lots of pictures on the train. Will Amanda be wearing her jammies too? Stick an eggnog( a real one)in her hand and some holly in her hair and kick her rear into the spirit :lol:

JR, she hasn't bought any so I doubt it. She might go as an elf again, she got Elf ears at the Ren Fest last year! lol

I'm going to insist she wear them!

Hey I LOVE the hat! I want to see it from the side.

Christmas will be so fun with Cady. What is her big present from you and Bill this year? And I bet she's getting something horsey.

Epona I am excited to see all the new babies this Spring! How many are your expecting?

Haffy, I hope you get off on 1 or 2 of the days you asked for. I agree with JR, dim the lights, mix a drink and enjoy some down time with your DH. Or do what I did, plug in a Glade Spruce tree oil warmer and pretend there's a tree up. happy0203.gif

Is it still raining at your house? We barely got any rain this week, was hoping for more.

Bec, Are you having Christmas at your house or your daughters? What's you traditional Christmas day dinner?

Peppy, what school district are you in?

I will look the new stud up if I can remember before I get offline.

Still no tree up and the decorations are still in the attic!

I feel lazy...I keep telling myself some of our best Christmases have been when I don't decorate. Pretty sure this is one of those years. I can't get enthused about getting up in the attic...dragging all that **** down...putting it up for 2 weeks and then taking it down and packing it up again!

See there...I just talked myself out if it! rotf.gif

Trace and I went to Penny's yesterday for his jammies. And there is no Christmas atmosphere this year!! What's going on? No one says Merry Christmas, it's crazy!

I sure hope this is not a sign of things to come...don't want to live in that kind of world!

I need to get busy and do some wash, start packing for the weekend. Looking forward to some fun Family time at the Polar Express. I know I will find some Christmas Spirit there!

Have a great weekend, be safe.

Edited by QH_LUV_R

Could be anywhere from 6 kids to 14+ :winking:

Most should twin.

I would have more....I "bought" (well they were actually payment for a website) two really nice bred does. Who then decided they didn't like it here and have disappeared into thin air. I've spent the last two days searching for hours at a time - in the car, on horseback, on foot.

So if you hear about anyone finding two goats...let me know.. :indifferent:

Hope your goats turn up Epona. Can't wait to see all the babies.

QH - Thanks for posting the link. He is a looker and I can't wait to see his first foal crop. I currently live in the Huntsville School District. Sam Houston is playing tonight in the semifinals against Montana. They are currently in the lead and I hope they win. Not a huge sports fan but when the local team is doing awesome you can't help but want them to do well.

JR - NICE hat. It looks good on you.

Haffy - Due to low funds, this years Christmas tree and stockings were made out of construction paper and are adorable. The tree has colored on lights and candy canes and the stockings are different colored with our names on each. The wall in the living room is now full of festive cheer without the cost. Maybe you could do something like that?

Bec and everyone else :smileywavey:

You're welcome Peppy. It's easy to post a link, go to the website, copy the address in the browser bar at the top. Then come back here and click on the link button above the add reply box, highlight the top box and paste the address in it and click add link.

I'd love to see his first crop too, will they post pic of them on his website?

Did SAM win? I am not a sports fan either, especially college sports. But yea, when a local team is winning I wish them the best.

I sorta have to follow football because Paul is a huge Green Bay Packer fan. If I don't want to watch, I go read in our bedroom of watch the other TV.

GB is having a very good year!

I need to go feed been putting it off until the sun is good and up.

Don't know when we will leave today, Paul didn't get in until 5 or 6 so he'll want to sleep a while.

Good thing we're taking the 8:30 train and have a room.

Looks like we finally have some sun yay!

You're welcome Peppy. It's easy to post a link, go to the website, copy the address in the browser bar at the top. Then come back here and click on the link button above the add reply box, highlight the top box and paste the address in it and click add link.

I'd love to see his first crop too, will they post pic of them on his website?

Did SAM win? I am not a sports fan either, especially college sports. But yea, when a local team is winning I wish them the best.

I sorta have to follow football because Paul is a huge Green Bay Packer fan. If I don't want to watch, I go read in our bedroom of watch the other TV.

GB is having a very good year!

I need to go feed been putting it off until the sun is good and up.

Don't know when we will leave today, Paul didn't get in until 5 or 6 so he'll want to sleep a while.

Good thing we're taking the 8:30 train and have a room.

Looks like we finally have some sun yay!

Sorry for stuttering, I'm posting from my phone and I guess I hit the post button twice!

I don't see a way to delete a post on my phone. Anyone know if you can?

SHSU won the game last night. :yahoo: It was 31-28 and came down to the end. Finals will be in Frisco, TX January 7. They are undefeated this season.

Have fun on the train QH. Can't wait to hear about it when you get back.

I'm exhausted. Been searching almost non-stop since they went missing. On foot, in cars, on horseback. Went out again on horseback and searched every probable place until my back was hurting too much to keep going.

Please my Texas pals, keep an eye out for sale ads?

They are two female (doe) miniature goats.

One is a deep red color with white markings on her side. She has tattoos in her ears I can provide.

The other is a light gold color with very tiny ears, or "no" ears. She may or may not have a tattoo on her tail. She SHOULD. I don't have that information for sure, but I can get it from the breeder.

It's possible someone might catch them and try to sell them, so if you see or hear anything, please PM me or email me. I would really appreciate it!

Good for SHSU!!!

I heard with Graduation and the game, the traffic on 45 was horrendous! I know Paul had heavy traffic on I-10 it made him late getting home by almost 2 hours.

Had so much fun tonight. There were so many kids on the train they had a blast Dancing up and down the aisle with the waiters.

I should have brought my camera, all my phone pics came out blurry from the rocking of the train.

Jay gave us some great news tonight. He got the promotion to Pumper 3, with an $8,000 bonus, which good ole uncle Sam will get almost half of!

I am so proud of him. Now he needs a good woman to share it with lol

Gonna hit the sack I'm pooped.

0806220278-1-1.jpg

QH

Bec, Are you having Christmas at your house or your daughters? What's you traditional Christmas day dinner?

It will be at my house, remember my DD lives here. Or did I forget to mention that? Christmas has been at my house for years. More than half the time that DH was in the AF we were in California. Most Christmases Mother and Daddy gave each other a plane ticket.

Our Christmas and Thanksgiving dinner is usually pretty much the same. I used to cook and cook and some of the stuff only DH and I would eat. I think I have finally managed to convince myself to not over do.

Turkey

Smoked ham from the BBQ place

Cornbread dressing

Mashed Taters & gravy

Praline Sweet Tater Casserole

Mac & Cheese

Some other veggie, usually green beans

Rolls

Cakes and pies, varies at times but always the Eagle Brand Lemon pie.

For Christmas breakfast we have Sara Lee Pecan and Butter Streusel coffee cakes with Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream. I use my Princess House crystal desert plates to serve it on. The problem is I only have 8 and there 9 will be here.

For years I haven?t had much of a Christmas spirit, I did a lot of faking it. But this year?. What can I say. I can?t wait for Little Mache to get up Christmas morning.

Found those goats yet, Epona?

Peppy

Haffy - Due to low funds, this years Christmas tree and stockings were made out of construction paper and are adorable

A little past Christmas story. DH and I got married in Nov., had a little honeymoon then he went to Laredo where he was going to be stationed. He rented us a house and right before Christmas I packed all my belongings in boxes and moved to Laredo. It is a good thing I knew how to cook beans because that is all we had to eat. How Christmas dinner was red (pinto) beans and rice. I had been saving ? lb of hamburger so we could have a hamburger patty, but clean forgot to cook it.

Our Christmas tree was a cardboard cutout with pink yarn wrapped around it. I used what jewelry I had for decorations. Family on both sides was mad at us because we didn?t tell them how short on money we were.

No sign of them yet. Will be going out again in a few hours on horseback again, and then the breeder is coming over to try to look for them again with the working dogs.

Monday I'll call around to local vet offices as well. You never know.

Epona,

I haven't heard about any goats. If I do, I'll let you know. Have you checked any recent craigs list for goats? Someone may have found them already and trying to make a buck.

Good luck.

Peppy

wow Cha ching is OMG beautiful. Hope your girl gets to have a sleep over. :happy0203:

Becaco

Thats really a very sweet story :notworthy:

QH

Have fun, enjoy, Good for Jay and by gosh Amanda better wear the ears.

We have made pinecone ornaments, brownies and a card this weekend. These are Cady's presents to her mom. I had a lot of fun watching her make her suprises.

I do have pictures but ya'll know me. I'll be a few days befor I get around to posting them.

Got to run, things to do.

Epona - I hope your find your goats. :angel3: for their safe recovery.

QH - Glad the train ride went well. When I have kiddos one day I hope it is still around.

JR - Can't wait for the pics. The gifts sound really cute and edible (brownies). I also hope Ari gets to meet Cha Ching if she is not in foal to Tinsel Nic. That would be a great cross.

Bec - Your plan sounds yummy. I've also learned not to overdue it and only cook just enough for the family. Usually mashed potatoes, white gravy, peas, bread, mac & cheese, green beans with pecan pie for dessert. I don't do meat so mom usually does the turkey or a ham. Simple is best. Although I am doing homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast. :drool:

Back home. Had a great time! None of the pics came out very good. Even the lady at the table across from us was having her pics come out bad, and she was using her camera. confused0024.gif

Oh my goodness the Fall colors are better than I have ever seen them! Especially the oaks!

Bec, you might have been poor but you definitely remember that Christmas over all the others.

Heck we were all poor as newlyweds! But we didn't think of it that way did we. We were just glad to be together and had such hope for the future.

For Christmas breakfast we have Sara Lee Pecan and Butter Streusel coffee cakes

So do we! We like the butter struesel best.You can't beat them! Never thought to add Blue Bell.

I also serve a big breakfast casserole with eggs, bread cubes, half n half, sausage, onions, bacon and cheese. I make it the night before, get up and put it in the oven before everyone gets up and it bakes while we open presents.

On Christmas Eve, I serve all kinds of finger foods, dips, deli sandwiches, fudge, cookies.

Christmas dinner is always a spiced ham, potato salad, deviled eggs, green beans, cherry salad, rolls.

remember my DD lives here. Or did I forget to mention that?

Yeppers I knew but forgot or maybe didn't know if you had 2 daughters, one that lived with you.

Epona, no one stole those goats did they? Funny how they just vanished. Were they yours? Hope you can locate them. Yes Check Vets office, local sheriff etc. Hopefully someone honest found them.

Amanda better wear the ears.

JR, not this year, she's been having terrible female problems for almost a month. She was cramping and not feeling real good. She's got a Dr. appt. in Jan. and is ready to try anything to help.

I do have pictures but ya'll know me. I'll be a few days befor I get around to posting them.

Take your time, we'll be here.

These are the only pics that turned out Decent.

IMG_7403.jpg

It's rare I get a pic of Jay, he;s like me...hates anyone to take a photo of him.

IMG_2700.jpg

One doe has been found - the red Nigerian girl. Someone's dogs pinned her in their shed and they caught her and penned her up and asked at the feedstore and got my information. BLESS THEM! The little red doe is home safe, escape route fixed. She's been given pro-bios and appears to be in okay shape. We have permission to go search the properties around where the doe was found for the other doe. About a mile from here. Thinking of naming the red doe Gypsy.

The mancha girl is still missing, but I BELIEVE we will find her.

Great news on finding your goat, good luck on finding the other one, Epona.

Looks like you had fun, QH.

He rented us a house and right before Christmas I packed all my belongings in boxes and moved to Laredo.

Forgot to mention that I moved by bus.

That's good news Epona. More :angel3: the other is found safe and sound.

QH - Nice pics. Those two turned out well. And I agree, the Fall colors are beautiful. We have orange and deep red leaves here with yellow on some trees (not the nasty brown of death). This rain is really helping. And is has been raining here since a little before 5. :yahoo:

I have finished my work at school and am officially out for the holidays. Don't have to be back until the middle of January. Of course, I will be working from home getting ready for spring but it is much less work.

Morning all :smileywavey:

Epona,

that's great news. Hopefully you'll find the other one safe and sound :angel3:

PS

What are you planning on doing while on vacation?

Forgot to mention that I moved by bus

I still think it's a sweet love story :wub:

Okay here's a couple of Cadance from this weekend. Notice she is using a q-tip not a paint brush. Grandma has done this before. :happy0203: A lot less dripping with a q-tip and it gets where their little hands want to go.

001.jpg

Making brownies. I didn't notice before, Cooper is sneaking up to have a look.

007.jpg

Okay, got to run. It's raining this morning. It's like Texas has held it's water all year and is letting loose today!

have a great day :smileywavey:

I want to get this out of the way because it's important we all keep Rob in our Prayers. A bunch of us on FB got worried about him because he hadn't checked in since Dec. 14th.

The following is what his SIL wrote in reply.

I'm his sister in law. He's having a hard time right now. Thinking about getting rid of Lady and also getting rid of Beauty. If you know of anyone that would give Beauty a really good home, please let him or me know. He asked me to try to contact people for him. Lady the dog has destroyed his house. She needs a home where she has a job and she will be happier. Beauty is such a sweet horse. Wish that I could take her, but just can't. He needs to cut back on the animals so that he can afford to feed them and himself. He looks awful and his outlook isn't the best. Gave him a pep talk and so did his daughter. He sounded better today. Just having a hard time dealing with getting rid of some of his pets. But, it is the best thing for them and him. When it rains it pours and he has such a big heart. But it's time that he start taking better care of himself too. His animals are fat and happy, but he is thin as a rail and his outlook isn't the best. Please give him some support, he says that he can't get online right now, just to painful for him.