t_air_e_4286

Hair Cut People :)

Hey guys,

Since you were such a big help last week with the other haircut thread I thought you'd give me a hand.

I've had it long

198361_1002334625109_1427130014_30006289_5176_n.jpg

I've had it this short

188547_1002335345127_1427130014_30006310_296_n.jpg

I've had it a bit longer

n188300216_30336731_2265.jpg

and this long

61629_428945911027_516056027_5094532_8057957_n.jpg

I've had bangs (not a super fan of this cut)

26542_513351618964_188300216_30505077_5658763_n.jpg

and while I don't have any current pictures, this one was taken in Sept.

308554_110045975768514_100002893356027_58613_6740907_n.jpg

Currently I have long "bangs." They're about chin length right now. I have layers. the top layer is a little longer than the bottom of my ear and the bottom layer is a little longer than my collar bone. Right now it's just long. Like, I haven't had it cut since March, so it's a little...unkept.

Basically, I want something that is wash & wear. Like, I don't own a blow dryer or a curling iron or anything like that. That's why I normally stick with a medium-ish length. I can just brush it & go.

I trust my hair lady 110% and I normally just say "go at it," but I wanted to see what you guys thought

Ideas? Anyone?

Honestly, I think you would rock a longer pixie. With a little length to it, but nothing that you would have to even really brush.

Do the longer pixie! If you like short hair I am LOVING mine. It is soooooo easy and everyone seems to love it. I think you have a great face and could totally pull it off. :)))

Ditto to the pixie cut! Since your hair is thinner an you don't want to have to style it I think you could totally rock a pixie!

Do the longer pixie! If you like short hair I am LOVING mine. It is soooooo easy and everyone seems to love it. I think you have a great face and could totally pull it off. :)))

I have to agree totally. I think you could totally rock that!

If you want to keep more length I'd go for some long side-bangs and a heavily layered/texturized cut that will give it more shape and lift.

Thanks for reminding me I haven't had mine cut for almost 6 months. My ends hate me. :P

really? You guys think i could pull off a longer pixie? That's awesome, I've always loved them. And, lucky for me, my husband also likes it when I have short hair. The second picture is from the day he purposed.

I'm working on getting something set up for next saturday. The lady who normally does it is out, but she's checking to see if her daughter will be in. If not, I might have to put it off until Dec. Stupid living 10 hrs away.

I think it looks best in your second pic

Me too. Oh, and I'd part it on the side instead of in the middle.

Edited by Kina Kat

I also think you could totally do the pixie....but if you're feeling adventurous? :questionicon::happy0203:

How about rockin' an updated bob?

Short at the back, long layers at the front, angled forward to longer lengths from a stacked back? EASY-PEASY to 'style' and you can still tuck your hair behind your ears to clear your vision if you're looking down.

Shoot! I just found a fureekin ROCKIN' pic! I think I'm going to print it and take it to *my* stylist.

~~ Google-search for "angled bob haircut' ~~

7addeacecfhair1.jpg.jpg20110124_215205_Inverted_bob_1_.jpg

I prefer layers because it can be styled with more body for a more dramatic look or I can just rake my fingers back/forth through my hair and give it some instant 'poof' body.

540.jpg

This is the cut I first liked, though I felt it was too severe for myself. I happen to prefer the longer angled-bobs as they look 'softer' and more feminine.

stacked-haircut.jpg

Not many people know this, but the angled-bob cut looks SPECTACULARLY sexy when it is paired with large, loose curls! Everyone wants to wear the cut smooth and sleek, but it looks *totally* gorgeous with hot-rollered/ironed curls.

curly-angled-bob-hairstyles-black-hair-with-dark-coppery-brown-highlights.jpg245.jpg

You also don't *have* to make it angled forward to look great, either.

1katieholmesbob2back.jpg

This style also looks great when growing out from a shorter cut.

43ac1bb017491e9dac3e8b790483999c.jpg

For the length - I'm going to agree with the majority and say the around chin length cut suits you best.

You could put a bit of an angle on the back end like Heidi posted to add interest from the side and back - and still maintain the longer look from the front.

You cute little chickie you........

I love my angled Bob! I'm in the process of growing out from the "chicken butt punk hair" the Bob I can finally start to pull back with just one pony tail holder, or I can take a flat iron to it, or I can flip my head upside down and blow dry for poof, or heck I can even just climb out of bed run my fingers through it and walk out the door. If I had a pic I would post but I don't have any right now. Ill work on that tho... :)

... heck I can even just climb out of bed run my fingers through it and walk out the door.

I *love* doing that on weekends and days off! I can do any/everything; house work, yard work, barn work, run around to the various home improvement or feed stores and still not look like a bed-headed mess.

And after I'm done? I can shower the day's efforts away and start all over again w/ my hair looking great!

I wish I hadn't lived through 35yrs of long hair before discovering the joys of the shorter, and more manageable, haircut.

I have an updated bob. Chopped over a foot off back in September and donated to Locks of Love. The secret to a great hairstyle? A great hairstylist ;) Seriously, I went through years of getting haircuts through my mother's friends. About a year ago, I decided to fork over the money for a GOOD stylist and never looked back. I rarely have a bad hair day now and I rarely need to blow dry my hair, it dries naturally in the shape it's meant to because the guy I go to rocks my socks off. Since the cut, my hair has already grown over 2 inches, and still looks great and isn't in any wonky looking stage.

Bad news ladies, no haircut for me anytime soon. The lady I normally use is going to be away at a wedding this weekend and her daughter is busy because it's her first wedding anniversary. That means I probably won't be able to do it until after Christmas.

Also, how do you guys pick a stylist?

Ask people you encounter publicly (who have haircuts/styles you like) what salon/stylist they use.

You can also ask to hang out in a salon for a bit in the waiting room area. Usually you can watch/see what the stylists are doing and the interaction with their clients and coworkers should give you a good indication of their talents.

Have to take a chance eventually and let someone cut/style your hair. When you find one you're happy with, stick with 'em. If you don't like the way they cut/styled your hair, don't go back and try someone new.

I finally have a haircut appointment! It's Jan. 28th. I'm not sure I'll be able to get you all pictures right away since it's a whirl wind trip home. We have a wedding Friday night 3 hours away, my haircut is mid-day on Saturday, we're doing a late New Years eve celebration Sat. night and then driving all day Sunday.

Here is an updated picture of about how long it is. It was taken at Christmas time.

396783_335846526428113_100000083040112_1398817_859398_n.jpg

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I love the holiday pic! How are you wanting it cut, again? I don't want to click back to read-over.

Thanks Heidi. I started parting it off to one side or another like someone suggested on here and I like it better, but it still just gets on my nerves a lot. it's way too long. I want to get it cut short. Not fuss, wash it the night before and run a brush through it in the morning before work.

I told my husband I'd try to keep my hair longer than his, but no promises.

Looking through pictures, I think I like this one

447540Short-Bob-Style-Haircuts.jpg

Or I like some of the styles Kate Micucci has

jfl10_kateMicucci_617x367_061020100402.jpg

tumblr_lm1a4i9XvX1qhsddz.jpg

The bob style kind of worries me because I know my hair doesn't actually like being as straight as needed. But I might be able to fix that with a straightener.

Fun! Short cuts are not always as easy as they look because you will probably wake up with bedhead. So talk to your stylist about how you want to manage it (wash the night before, for example) and how much time you will need to spend on it.

I like it a lot now that you're parting it off-center. You all look so cute in that holiday pic!

I like all of those pics. The 1st pic would work with fine/straight hair and the 2nd/3rd pics would work for hair with more 'body', though fine/straight could also look great.

I haven't had any issues with bed-head since I switched to shorter hair. In fact, there are many mornings I can just get up, run my fingers through it and I'm good-to-go. Sometimes I'll need to dampen a small area and run the hair-dryer and round-brush through it, but in general ... it is pretty easy to care for.

I haven't had any issues with bed-head since I switched to shorter hair. In fact, there are many mornings I can just get up, run my fingers through it and I'm good-to-go. Sometimes I'll need to dampen a small area and run the hair-dryer and round-brush through it, but in general ... it is pretty easy to care for.

I'm thinking less a bob like yours and more like a -- what, what do we call it? -- just a shorter-on-top 'do.

Fun! Short cuts are not always as easy as they look because you will probably wake up with bedhead. So talk to your stylist about how you want to manage it (wash the night before, for example) and how much time you will need to spend on it.

I like it a lot now that you're parting it off-center. You all look so cute in that holiday pic!

I know shorter hair can sometimes be harder to deal with, but I k.ow the shorter lengths that I've had it have been a lot less annoying than the length that it is now. I currently threaten it with scissors on a regular basis. Lol. At least with short hair if it's crazy in the morning I can just wet it down and be done.

Plus I'm always up for something new. It's just hair and will grow back. I'm just on the hunt for something I really like.

... more like a -- what, what do we call it? -- just a shorter-on-top 'do.

I wish there WAS a name for it! I've been looking at ideas of making it even shorter in the back, like a boy/man's haircut, and angling it forward to longer lengths. I may wait for late spring before I try it.

... threaten it with scissors on a regular basis.

IME, that doesn't work. You have to actually make a salon haircut appointment to make it behave.

IME, that doesn't work. You have to actually make a salon haircut appointment to make it behave.

Yeah I know. I'm definitely not brave/crazy enough to try and cut my own hair. They're just empty threats