Sign in to follow this  
cherrymg

Music/ Favorite Songs

My wife has a project for her class where she has to interview me and I have to pick 5 songs that remind me of my life.. and I never thought it would be so hard.. I like a lot of different music..but if someone asked you that question to pick 5 songs that remind you of your life what would you answer.. I like what a beautiful day by chris cagle/ or so far away by avenged sevenfold for the friends and family I have lost over the years.. but Im drawing a few blanks.. as I need to explain why these songs mean so much to me.. and lost in this moment by big and rich.. as this is a given and was our wedding song.. but still need ideas for more :surrender:

Hmmmm, well...it is so hard for me to pick favorites, I am a music FREAK! But I guess a few that have the most meaning to me would be:

1. My Little Girl by Tim McGraw since it is so hard for me to watch my little girl become a woman so quickly

2. I'll Stand by You by The Pretenders because my brother was going thru a really tough time with an addiction and I told him no matter what I would stand by him and help him thru as best I could. I still tear up when I hear that song!

3. Someone Like you by Adele--it reminds me of a lost love

4. Here Without You by 3 Doors Down--it reminds me of all the people I am missing in my life, We may not be together in person but we will always be together in my dreams

5.Turning Tables by Adele--I was in an abusive relationship and there is a line in there that reminds me to be strong and not let anyone bully me ever again...

I can't keep up with your turning tables, Under your thumb I can't breathe,So, I won't let you close enough to hurt me,No, I won't rescue you to just desert me

Here and Now by Luther Vandross was my wedding song, You've gotta a friend by James Taylor and With a little help from my Friends by the Beatles, reminds me of how I got thru a lot of stuff in my life with my friends by my side...

I can go on and on....I tell ya, I am a music FREAK!

I was going through music and I think this is awesome.. these guys take don't stop believing and turn it into like 45 songs.. really cool how one beat can be used for all these songs

Hmmmm, well...it is so hard for me to pick favorites, I am a music FREAK! But I guess a few that have the most meaning to me would be:

1. My Little Girl by Tim McGraw since it is so hard for me to watch my little girl become a woman so quickly

2. I'll Stand by You by The Pretenders because my brother was going thru a really tough time with an addiction and I told him no matter what I would stand by him and help him thru as best I could. I still tear up when I hear that song!

3. Someone Like you by Adele--it reminds me of a lost love

4. Here Without You by 3 Doors Down--it reminds me of all the people I am missing in my life, We may not be together in person but we will always be together in my dreams

5.Turning Tables by Adele--I was in an abusive relationship and there is a line in there that reminds me to be strong and not let anyone bully me ever again...

I can't keep up with your turning tables, Under your thumb I can't breathe,So, I won't let you close enough to hurt me,No, I won't rescue you to just desert me

Here and Now by Luther Vandross was my wedding song, You've gotta a friend by James Taylor and With a little help from my Friends by the Beatles, reminds me of how I got thru a lot of stuff in my life with my friends by my side...

I can go on and on....I tell ya, I am a music FREAK!

I guess your not that much of a music freak.. I know all of these songs.. I really listen to everything.. but I'll stand by you reminds me of things I went through in my childhood, here without you reminds me of people I don't get to see anymore or off in iraq or afganistan.. I mean I can hear songs and place them into other peoples lives or things that happened to me.. but what would describe my life is the hard one to answer.. but thanks for your input

As a freak I mean I LOVE music, I listen to everything I can, country, pop, classic rock, the hair bands...I am not digging the rap music much...anything that "speaks to me" is what I like. It can be old or new...

Good luck with your assignment!

its my wifes assignment she is choosing to interview me as I am the closest person she knows.. she thinks I should also use in my life by the beatles.. and one of my favorite songs is replica by sonata arctica.. but that doesen't fit into my life really well its just one of my favorite songs.. and the lyrics are awesome like many sonata songs

Gives you (H E Double Hockey sticks)- All American Rejects

No one has every thought I could do anything. Then when I do it and look back and they are still doing the same old thing.

Shes Country-Jason Aldean

Butterbean-Kevin Fowler

Everyone has always told me im cute but mean as all get out when you get me going.

Cowgirls don't cry-Brooks and Dun

My dad has always been there when i needed him. But I'm always scared he wont come home from work. He takes a risk every morning when he goes to work.

Every Rose has its thorn-Poison

Every rose has a thorn :happy0203:

I am a huge country freak. Grew up listening to it, and still do every day. I also love rock/hard rock, but I still listen to mostly country.

Toby Keith: Made In America

Brooks and Dunn: Cowgirls don't cry

Tim McGraw: Live like you were dying

Rascall Flatts: What hurts the most

and this next one is definitely high up there with the favorites. Not sure if it's rock of some kind of alternative music. But I still like it.

Shaman's Harvest: Dragonfly. I have this one set as my ringtone on my cell.

Somewhere Over the Rainbow - 'cuz I'm always dreamin

Free and Easy (Down the Road I Go) - 'cuz I'm a wanderer

Life by the Drop - a reminder to live life to the fullest!

Mr. E's Beautiful Blues - because despite all the ugly in the world, it's still a beautiful day.

Wish You Were Here (the Pink Floyd one!) because I'm often lonely for my favorite people because my wandering takes me so far away.