Sign in to follow this  
DraftyGirl43

Nook Vs. Kindle

One of the reasons that my brothers & mom bought the Kindle is the fact that most of the big book stores have been going bankrupt. They were concerned that if B&N closed up like Borders recently did. The available downloads for the Nook would stop too.

The good thing about the Nook, is that it reads epub files. If B&N were to go the way of Borders, you can still get ebooks in epub format on tons of websites, it's an extremely common file type for ebooks and other ebook readers use the same format. Kindle is the only one that uses a proprietary format (I think) but I believe it can also read pdf's as well.

If you were to go with the new Nook Tablet, the developer community has already figured out how to sideload the kindle app onto it, so you can read amazon's stuff in addition to B&N's!

Another Nook (Color) fan here, got one for Christmas last year and love it! Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in. :smilie:

I have the Nook Color and absolutely LOVE it! Love love love. I think I'd love any e-reader, I just happen to have the Nook Color.

I love the convenience of keeping just one "book" for all my books. It's introduced me to many titles, genres, and authors I normally wouldn't have given a shot if I was just browsing through a bookstore. I go on HC, FB, Youtube, and do google searches all with ease. I seriously cannot explain how much I love my Nook. I can waste a whole weekend on the couch, ignoring the dog, my kid, my boyfriend, everything - because it's so FANTASTIC!

Now it's just too bad I've misplaced mine and haven't seen it in a couple months. Sad face

I LOVE my Nook. I'm a die-hard book fan like you, loved holding books, etc. I LOVE my Nook. It's amazing how an e-reader actually made reading more convenient :-P I like the one handed reading and page turning, I like that I can make text bigger when I get tired. I like that I can get a new book to read no matter where I am.

For me, I spend a lot of time reading outdoors, on the beach or at horse shows, so I wouldn't trade my original Nook for a Nook Color/tablet/etc if it was handed to me. I love the non-glare of the E-ink in bright sunshine (there are several readers that have this).

I will also say that when I had an issue with my Nook about a month after I got it, B&N was fabulous, hassle free, and quick about replacing it. Have had the replacement for almost two years with no issue.