Sign in to follow this  
cowgirl.tough.93

Breeding

Hey! I wouldnt be breeding my mare for a while, but I am looking at different studs just for the fun of it. My mare isn't bred super amazing but she has a great mind, great considering taking her up to CalPoly for one of their studs, do not know much about them though.

http://animalscience.calpoly.edu/areas_of_study/equine/stallions.asp

Link isn't working...says page not found.

What are you looking for in a stallion? In the resulting foal? Mare's pedigree and a photo?

Got three boys here in northern NV that I'll be standing (possible 4th but not likely until '13 with him).

Perlino foundation QH with no Poco Bueno, lots of King Ranch blood, sires only buckskins to non-gray, non-dilute mares.

Bay heterozygous tobiano Paint, only Paint son of top 10 NRCHA Snaffle Bit finalist Docs Gabilan and one of only a handful of Paint grandsons of Doc Bar around. Dam is black tobiano, halter/reining blood (sire is Bar B Paint, gr ch halter sire, res gr ch reining sire, world ch reining grandsire) out of 7/8 sister to QT Poco Streke (res world ch reining, Congress ch reining, NRHA open and limited open winner, NRHA Bronze x 2, sire of world ch)

Liver chestnut HZ tobiano (no solid foals), son of res world ch Delta Promise (world ch Delta O'Lena x Peppy San Badger daughter out of daughter of Nu Bar), out of daughter of Dots Nu King, reiner exported to Brazil, full brother to 2 x world ch Gay Bar O'Lena (world ch Delta O'Lena x Nu Bar daughter out of daughter of Gay Bar King). First season at stud.

Northern NV. Special for through December....booking fee of $100. Stud fees reduced from $600 to $400 and half of that due when mare is bred, remainder due when foal arrives. Mare care is reasonable, outdoor pens or collection and shipping costs at what the vet charges me.

IMO, you should check out UC Davis and their breeding program rather than choosing cal poly. Davis has some very great quality studs, great prices and they run their barn incredibly well; the vets are also extremely helpful and talented.