Sign in to follow this  
ironbessflint

Trailer Experts - Can Anybody Identify This Light?

I'm a bit stumped with these side tail lights on my new-to-me old Trail-Et. The tail/brake/turn signal lights at the bottom are standard size, as are all the running lights. I thought perhaps these were something that somebody added after market, but I'm seeing the same style on pictures of other Trail-Ets.

This is what I've got (minus the red tape they were covered in when I bought it):

light.jpg

light2.jpg

There is a ledge around the entire perimeter of the casing, so I'm thinking once upon a time a lens snapped over the whole thing. It measures 5" high and 1 3/8" wide. I'm not convinced that the random bulb inside is original to design. The outside of the casing is stamped "ARROW 070" and "DOT P2 85" but google searches on either of those numbers aren't helping me.

Does anybody know either what this light or lens is, or where to get a replacement? Thanks!

My Hubby says you might be better off having different lights put on. Maybe you could take it to a trailer place and have them look at it, we had a utility trailer and had all the lights replaced with LED lights for about $120. :confused0024:

Or maybe try a tractor supply/farm store/auto parts store.

Edited by loopyhorse

Those are factory lights on the trail-et... I have them on mine as well.... NAPA has a book behind the counter that Identifies the manufacture.. ask them to look it up..Also..show them the picture, they might have an after market suggestion for you..:happy0203: We have done this with our farm tractor that is a 1956 Alis...

AD

Edited by Alaskandraft

I did find Arrow lighting on the net and found the whole mount with lens...

http://www.arrowsafetydevice.com/node/865

http://www.arrowsafetydevice.com/products/interceptor-crash-avoidance-light-separate-turn-signals-external-mount

The Interceptor- Crash Avoidance Light for Separate Turn Signals - External Mount

453-00_1.gif

AD