Sign in to follow this  
EricJohn

Happy Xstivus

Just wanted to include all of my secular friends in the wishing of happieness and good cheer for this holiday season.

ETA: Xstivus has been celebrated non stop at my house since it's inception since I, being the ehad of the household, have not been pinned during the Feats Of Strength yet.

I'm still takin on all comers!

Edited by EricJohn

I'm proposing that all current Festivus Feats of Strength champions congrigate in a grand meadow around a giant Fetivus pole and compete until only one champion remains. This person could be be know as the Festivus Maximus!

Of course there will be copious feasting and drinking of alcohol, singing and a large fire to dance around.

Then I think you should combine it with a Scottish Games gathering. They'll already have the caber to throw around.

Funny you should mention that, I already compete at a local Scottish games in the wrestling.

That's me on the left, the type of Wrestling is a ancient form of Celtic wrestling known as Gouren.

154553_1725924711798_1348809942_2631255_615040_n.jpg

154553_1725924751799_1348809942_2631256_7206369_n.jpg

76099_1725930591945_1348809942_2631270_5783398_n.jpg

Edited by EricJohn

Darn -- I can't see pics at work. But I'm part Scottish and get to the games as often as I can. I love it all.

Don't get your hopes up this was a Champ O' da Gramps match with me and the founder of the local Goruen "club". He's got a bum ankle so we were basicaly takin grips for him to get some publicity pics and what not. I did win this comp and had some realy nice throws, but none on video.

I'm Scots/Irish, from the boarders region. Beatty is my last name, trace my ancesters back to the Boarder Reivers of ancient times fuedal times. A motely group of mercinary types who may even fight each other for the right kind of pay. Decendants of the Picts and Saxons mostly. Sort of the anti-knights of the era. Known for our exceptional horsemanship and combative skills, not to mention boarder raiding and pillaging prowess. :happy0203:

Our kilt is the Boarder Plaid or Shepards Plaid. It aint pretty, but its ours. :winking:

Edited by EricJohn

Oh, I like the border plaid because it's different.

Our tartan is pretty, but it's the family crest that I love. It's got a unicorn. That's close enough to a horse for me. :winking:

Well thank you. Yes the Border Plaid is different, not unlike those of us that sport it. :happy0203:

My dad has our crest but I have not seen it in years, so i don't remember what the heraldry is on it.

I need to get it and have a broach made for going to the games.

Edited by EricJohn

singing and a large fire to dance around.

((nekkid?)) And WHERE is your plaidie, hmm? My father was a Gordon of Clan Gordon, clan of the Black Watch.

Usually starts with cloths on, but after much drinking, singing and dancing, well.....you know.

I was trying to pull off a traditional Gouren wrestling attire. No kilt for this match, but traditional Scottish Backhold wrestling is in a kilt, and not much else, save for a belt to hold it up.