Sign in to follow this  
Amazona

Let The Planning Begin

Every time I bring up our potential wedding, there always seems to be a rude look. Ya know, I might be going for a country wedding but not trashy.

These are my thoughts.

Is your future MIL paying for this wedding?

Is she contributing $$$ in any way?

If so, then ya I suppose I would give her alot of say so on what "she" thinks it should be.

If she is donating nothing to your cause then poopoo on her and have a rainbow wedding for all things sacred.

Krystal, she has not said anything and I am not going to ask. Nor his parents or mine. I figure it will be our choice to have a wedding. We can pay. :))

Wow, this thread has kind of died, lol. BBuutt, I could use your guys' help!

I am having the hardest time picking out shoes for my wedding, so I need help deciding!

Here are the ones I have found that I like, keep in mind they will be dyed blue or teal.

Shoe #1 with the Amanda decoration

Shoe #2 with Amanda decoration

Shoe #3

Shoe #4

Shoe #4 with star decoration

Or I can just forget the blue idea and go with one of these, lol

Shoe #5

Shoe #6

Shoe two. I'd kill myself trying to walk in those! Cowboy boots for me (and the girls).

I want to start planning, but then I'm like I want a house before this will feel real.

Shoe two. I'd kill myself trying to walk in those! Cowboy boots for me (and the girls).

I want to start planning, but then I'm like I want a house before this will feel real.

I should have worn boots. I had heels for the ceremony, but only because my dad and hubby held me up. I wore blingy flip flops for pics and the reception.

GOOD MORNING!

Doodoo on you guys for NOT updating! LOL

On this front -- I had to get my beautiful ring cut off my finger.

A few weeks ago, Kevin kicked me in the butt and I put my hand up to block the kick, and ended up spraining my ring finger. I immediately took it off because of the swelling and went without for a couple of weeks. Then we had a wedding to go to and I crammed it on. I figured if I could jam it on, I could work it off again. BOY was I WRONG! After just a couple hours, my ring finger was purple and HUGE. I tried taking it off in the bathroom with soap and water, no luck. I stuck my hand in the snow for a while to reduce swelling, and still no change. We ended up leaving after the dinner to go to the nearby emergency room and ended up having to get it cut off. SAD FACE.

My hand felt SO much better afterwards. We went back to the party and had a great night even though I was depressed about it being cut though.

The ring is now fixed but Kevin is out of state for business so he can't get it for another couple of weeks.

Not that it matters.... I keep re-injuring my finger and it's still super sore and a little swollen. We'll give it another month or so and if my finger isn't back to normal, we'll consider resizing the ring. Kind of a bummer! But Kevin took it all in stride. He even called the jewelry store on the way to the ER to make sure that getting it cut was covered LOL. I was way more bummed out than he was!

In other news, I just got off the phone with a wedding planner. I think this is the way to go. I can't handle small details and attempting to make choices from 100s of vendors. We are going to plan an inital meeting and make sure personalities work well, and go from there!

For colors, to match our Spring wedding, I've decided on a maple brown, pinks (blush and something a little richer) as well as a spring-ish green. I envision some "rustic" details, like some wood accents incorporated into the centerpieces, and small pops of natural fabrics like burlap. Not a straight up burlap table runner, but maybe some swatches of it tied around votives with a nice twine.

It's sort-of starting to take off. We're about 13 months out and we're excited to officially begin planning!

What's new with all of you guys?!

So let me ask you something all you ladies planning weddings- where were your priorities when you budgeted? Your dress? Venue for the ceremony? Reception? Photo? Video? Decorations? Flowers? Food? Alcohol? Entertainment (band/DJ)? Destination? Are you including your honeymoon as part of the budget or doing that separately?

I spent my entire day in a seminar on wedding (and portrait) photography. After looking up the price the seminar leaders were running for shooting a wedding (ceremony and reception, with an engagement session, plus editing and digital copy of hundreds of the best images) I was curious how much of your budget you devoted to various things...

What are you doing to save money? Where do you plan to splurge because you think it'll be worth it?

Similarly- what pieces of your wedding are you most specific about? What do you not really care so much about?

(For example- I don't care too much what the bridesmaids dresses are, but I if I ever get married I want the whole bridal party to wear brown cowboy boots... myself included. I can't even picture what I would want for table decorations or flowers, but I can put my finger on entertainment and picture what I want in a venue.)

Mine isn't too hard to budget. I'm cutting out a lot. No professional photographer, no rental for service, no paying someone to marry us, etc.

We have a couple places for free for a reception. My Grandfather is licensed to marry couples. My Mom is making the dresses. I know enough people will have cameras.

Biggest expense? Food.

So let me ask you something all you ladies planning weddings- where were your priorities when you budgeted? Your dress? Venue for the ceremony? Reception? Photo? Video? Decorations? Flowers? Food? Alcohol? Entertainment (band/DJ)? Destination? Are you including your honeymoon as part of the budget or doing that separately?

I spent my entire day in a seminar on wedding (and portrait) photography. After looking up the price the seminar leaders were running for shooting a wedding (ceremony and reception, with an engagement session, plus editing and digital copy of hundreds of the best images) I was curious how much of your budget you devoted to various things...

What are you doing to save money? Where do you plan to splurge because you think it'll be worth it?

Similarly- what pieces of your wedding are you most specific about? What do you not really care so much about?

(For example- I don't care too much what the bridesmaids dresses are, but I if I ever get married I want the whole bridal party to wear brown cowboy boots... myself included. I can't even picture what I would want for table decorations or flowers, but I can put my finger on entertainment and picture what I want in a venue.)

Budget causes me immense stress.

My priorities are as such:

1. Reception Venue

2. Great food

3. Photographer

4. Alcohol

5. DJ

and everything else falls together.

I am purchasing my gown through an inheritance from my late father -- so it'll kinda be like my dad bought my wedding dress for me. So the dress in not included in my general wedding budget, still I will not spend more than 2k including accesories and alterations on it.

We are including honeymoon within our budget. Both of our parents are giving x amount of money, we can spend it how we choose, whether it's on the wedding, the honeymoon, or stuff for the house.

So, we are saving a chunk out of the money to put towards a honeymoon and stuff for the house. We both think it would be completely absurd to spend all of it on a wedding.

The wedding photog that I REAALLLLYYY wanted is about $3800 for a pretty basic package. Although her pictures are gorgeous, I just can't make it work.

Also after recently deciding to use a wedding planner who has preffered vendors, we'll probably end up using one of those photographers.

I'd be more willing to spend that kind of money if it also included an engagement session, album, etc.

To save money, we're using that wedding planner who has hookups. She told me that she'll save me atleast as much as she costs. Also, I'm more than willing to take on a few DIY projects. Centerpieces and the bridesmaids silk flower bouquets. If I'm not burned out, I'd also take on flower girl basket and the ring pillow. We'll splurge on the wedding photographer and venue decor.

For things I'm pickiest about, it's centerpieces. I want something attractive, non-overwhelming, and easy on the budget. I'm pretty chill regarding the wedding party's attire. I don't need for my girls to be exactly the same.

Barbara wedding planners are a HUGE life saver! I don't know what I would do without mine, haha.

As far as budgeting goes, we're doing the best we can. Where we are having our wedding, all the catering is done through them, and we are doing the DJ through them as well. We can also do the floral through them, but we are still deciding if we want to do that or try to find somewhere cheaper. My parents are paying for the wedding, but my fiancé and I are paying for our own photographer and our videographer since those are extras that we want. We're also saving money by having our ceremony on a Sunday morning. So, along with that we're saving money doing a brunch reception as compared to a dinner reception. Also, brunch reception= no alcohol, so we're saving a lot of money there.

Edited by Designer Rose

I shoulda got a wedding planner..... I've been married 8 months and I'm still brooding about things i shoulda done different.

Yeah, for sure! I think we are making the right decision by hiring one. I am too scatter-brained and indecisive, so this is the way to go.

I LOVE the idea of a Sunday morning wedding. It's such a beautiful and budget friendly option.

I might bring it up to my SO! He's kinda stuck on the whole Saturday evening/dinner and cocktails thing. Worth a shot though =)

Barb-Just hope you don't have wedding guests like on the show Four Weddings. Have you ever seen it? I was watching it the other day and one of the guests said that she was mad because the wedding was on a Sunday. She couldn't party like she wanted too.

I think that woman was a little selfish if you ask me.

We haven't really put together a budget yet. Our wedding venue is going to be way less than originally planned. It also comes with centerpiece, we've just got to jazz it up some so that will save us a lot on flowers by not having to make flower arrangements for 50+ tables. They provide the catering. As far as alcohol we will be supplying a couple kegs and after it's gone everyone is on thier own. Engagement pictures are free. Cake is going to cost me less than half of what a normal cake would.

We are getting married the Sunday before Labor Day Monday.

Jumper - I know! I saw that episode. My half would probably really like a Sunday morning w/ brunch.. it'd be better for all the kidlets. His side might throw a small tantrum. They all like their booze haha.

Are any of you having signature drinks? I keep reading that people are, but I don't think we will.

we didnt, but if you do your wedding on a Sunday morning for brunch you could just do something with no booze.

Stumbling on stumbleupon and I came across these and thought I'd share!

www.mywedding.com/blog/planning/

^cute planning website

www.loveandlavender.com/2010/03/creative-guest-books/

^guest book ideas

http://weddinggawker.com/

^and the best, it's like pinterest but just for weddings!

Those are cool sites! Thanks for posting them!

We have a meeting with my pastor on Thursday, pretty exciting!

I've also been really considering doing corsages and a fab clutch for the BMs and a bouquet just for the MOH. I think that would be way cool and maybe even a little cheaper?

We are about 90% agreeable on a date.

Started.some brain storming. I'm a bit excited to start looking at ideas.

Though no honeymoon until later on. Maybe a little get away. Nothing big.

Kristen, congrats on almost choosing a date!

The meeting with the pastor went super well. He is so chill and was telling us great stories, unfortunately he retires this summer, so although our "main" pastor will still be around, this guy won't be here anymore. Kind of a bummer!

But we signed ourselves up for a wedding on April 6, 2013! Woohoo! We still have to put deposits down for the church and for a reception venue, but I'm pretty sure thats the day! He even typed us up in his computer!

Tomorrow we have a tour of another venue, and then we'll make our final decision. My mom has been out of the country so when she returns on Friday, and after she recoops from the jetlag, I'm gonna be throwing all the paperwork at her and making her write checks LOL.

My SO totally wants to take a honeymoon. I am so down for taking a minimoon and then getting back to my son. But he wants the whole ordeal, which is fine too, but I'm not entirely sure I can justify spending so much time/effort/money just for a week of sand stuck in my cleavage and bad tan lines.

He plans to take the two weeks following the wedding off of work, for the honeymoon and to spend time at home opening gifts/writing thankyou cards, organizing ourselves again.

As of now, we're thinking the Bahamas, but to me they're all the same LOL.

Edited by chino is neato007

Barb- We went on a road trip. Didnt stop much, just enjoyed the scenery, and the time together after the wedding craziness and before we had to get back to reality.

A road trip would be the bomb.com but I get car sick after even just like 45 minutes. I would be miserable!

I'm off to pick up Elliott from school and get him ready to be dropped off at the sitters, and get myself ready to visit the venue!

We got married July 23, 2011. I hated planning. It was very stressful. My biggest piece of advice is be sure to take time to enjoy it, ecspecially the day of your wedding. It flies by. Also, remember, your wedding is just one day. In the end you will have a marriage.

Hey girls!

How is everyone's planning going?!

Here everything is well!

FINALLY today dropped off a deposit for my church. I've been visiting venues like crazay and today I think I found *the one.*

It's shaped like a 25% chunk of a circle. The curvy part is all ceiling-to-wall windows that overlook an amazing garden. The inner corner is a small stage and hardwood floor for a dancefloor, so that's like $200 saved right there! The ceiling is amazing. It's such an interesting architectural viewpoint. It's got "levels" and circular pieces of glass.. I'll have to snap a picture to post on here.

The only downfalls are that the carpet is probably due to be replaced within the next few years, LOL.

Otherwise, it's a good bang for our buck and we have a little flexibility with choosing a caterer.

We've been looking at a lot of in-house catering venues and although it's convenient do to a one stop shop -- it gets pricey.

Soooo we'll prob drop the deposit for that by the end of the week!

I've also been scoping out for some DIY projects. So far I've got a good picture of what I'd like to do for pew decorations and centerpieces. I think that's just about as much DIY as I can do LOL.

Fill me in!!