Sign in to follow this  
Indestructible

The Official Workout Thread

Climbing class will leave me ripped, but may not do so much for my lingering Christmas around the mid-section.... hiding what there would be of abs...

I will hit and miss this thread because it seems that every time I say my goals and make it a daily thing to always update, I get bored with them.

I'm shooting for dropping weight and getting fit. I'm not putting myself in the mind frame of diet diet diet or that I must loose 30 pounds. I am telling myself smaller portions and work on 10 pound incriments.

According to the nets BMI junk, for my height and age, I should weight 120 or less. Oy vey! Not happening. Even 130 makes me look skeletal. I'm a husky person with a medium large bone structure. And curves. :P.

Regardless, I have a gym membership that I try to put to use 3 or so times a week. I also try to go walking or jogging in the afternoon with misc excercises at home.

I'm doing this for me because I deserve it. :)

You should search what your body weight should be according to frame size. I'm only about 5' tall, but have a large frame size. Most sites say for my height I should weigh something between 95-125 or so...but if you look according to my frame size, the MINIMUM is closer to 120. I don't think BMI means much anyways, because it doesn't take into account muscle mass.

Tabby, dont worry! The standard chart isn't always what's healthy. You have to go by your body frame and what's healthy for you as an individual.

My brother, for example. He has been going to a nutritionist and HEALTHY weight is 70-80 pounds more than what the charts say. Actually, his muscle alone weighs more than the charts suggestion!

I go from one extreme of being all bones 3-4 months ago and now I feel as unfit and chunky as ever. Granted, I haven't been working officially or consistently in forever either, but I still feel like junk. I sorta wish I was still playing lax for school this year.

I'm not fretting. :). I no longer go by the scale. I go by how my clothes are fitting. I came across a saying once that more or less said that your weight does not define who you are and what you are worth.

Eh other than riding and walks i don't work out. Gym is expensive and i don't have anyone to go with :( boo. I'm going to try and walk around the lake every other day with a friend and the dogs though.

I'm still lifting weights/doing cardio 3-7 days a week. I've been so tired on a lot of days that I ride & do noting else...but I end up waking a mile or more back and forth between horses so I justify it by that! Haha next week I should get back after it on my normal schedule!

Editing to say that it's Monday and I DID get back on track.

Also, I WILL probably be sore tomorrow.

Edited by sugarbabe.

I've been working out after work. The building where my office is has a gym, so it's nice and convenient. Also helps with not having to sit in traffic!

^ That's awesome! Talk about convenient huh?

DH brought down his bench, bar, and weights...totally exciting! I have never used a bench/bar for bench presses, squats, and all of that. I loved it. Kind of sore today, but it's a good sore. I've missed it after a week off.

Happy working out, everyone!

OHHH MMMMMYYYY GGGOOOSSSHHH!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

:yay: :yay: :jump: :jump: :jump:

Best app ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This FREE app has all the popular fast food places, and it has ALL (I'm not kidding), I repeat ALL, of the items they have, and it tells you the calories and nutrition information. I love it!!! :jump:

^ That'd be convenient for on the go situations! I think a lot of sites also have the nutritional info on their sites. You kinda get a feel for how many calories a chicken sandwich has after a while.

I'm sad this thread is floundering :( I'm still loving the work outs! Increasing my calories this week, too. Shall be interesting.

:smileywavey: . I've finally decided that I'm going to get fit and STAY fit. No excuses (I'm a Biggest Loser fan hehe). I can do the workouts. I just need motivation. Especially with eating habits. I have a sweet tooth and I'm a chocoholic. I LOVE sports. I'm a fastpitch softball pitcher, and a point gaurd in basketball. Motivation is my only problem. I like this thread because it lets me know that I'm not the only on struggling with this. I've tried losing the weight so many times that it seems like a dream. Thanks for supporting me.

I love the Biggest Loser too. I was so sad and shocked to see who went home last (don't want to spoil if you haven't caught the episode! I have to watch them online, so always am a day behind).

I'll be nice to revive this thread. I enjoy reading what others are doing, goals, all of that fun stuff.

This past week I completed my first cycle of a workout program. This coming week, I'll increase the weights and do it all over again! So far so good. Lots of eating, too. That's been the toughest. It's so easy to eat too little and not the right foods...totally not conducive to my goals!

Hi all. Like my new ticker? Anyway I did a little workout just to get into the groove of things. We live on 80 acres, and there are little paths throughout and around it. I made what I call a fitness lap. Which is where you walk for a little bit, maybe 30 secs, and then you start jogging. You jog for a little bit and then once you get to a checkpoint, (right now I have three, but I am planning on adding more reps and checkpoints) you stop and the the activity (10 jumping jacks). Start jogging again and then you get to the next one (10 sit-ups), jog some more and the third checkpoint is 10 push-ups. Jog for a little bit then walk this starts over your lap today I did three laps and my best time was 5:31. I like it because you're always moving. Oh and guess what? I learned something today. ALWAYS stretch before and after your workout. I didn't today and afterwards I had the worst cramp ever in my calf. It was the most pain I've ever felt in my life. Workout = :happy0203: , cramp = :shocked::surrender::wacko::o:sick::thud: I almost felt nauseous it was so bad. It was my fault though. :smileywavey:

I just had the best workout! Missed Wednesday because I was sick, but made up for it today.

I added jump squats and mixed things up a bit...

Did my first 5K today. Had planned on just walking it but ended up probably walking and running it. Am so hooked. Can't wait till it is nice outside consistently so I can start my couch to 5K program and be ready to go by the end of June to actually run a 5K. I feel so great right now!

Well, I have a slight lick of motivation right now...so for the first time in about 4 months I am going to do some very light exercise, by lifting some weights and doing squats. I may try walking with the dogs this evening too for 15-30 minutes.

GO me. (I have a VERY legitimate excuse for NOT working out for so long...I am *gasp* 3 1/2 months pregnant *end gasp (lol)* and have been sicker than a dog, so I just have laid around puking and not doing much of anything at all, because my body and head just couldn't handle it between the nausea and dizziness and weakness from all the puking.)

Thanks!

My workout was pretty pathetic. I used my 15lb dumbbell and only did about 3 reps of 5 different exercises. I don't realize how weak I've gotten until I actually have to do something.

I lost 2 pounds in 4 days!! I used to hate running but now I really like it. I think that the running has really pushed me over the edge to live a healthy lifestyle. :yahoo: :yahoo: BTW CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! RopingBarrels!!

(I have a VERY legitimate excuse for NOT working out for so long...I am *gasp* 3 1/2 months pregnant *end gasp (lol)*

Congratulations! That IS a very legit reason! I hope you start feeling better, though - that'd be rough! Congrats again :jump:

Argh. Had a totally sucky workout this evening. I didn't eat well over the weekend and it seems the success of my workouts are contingent upon how I eat.

Sucky strength and motivation :surrender: I got through it though, so that's good. Here's to eating enough and eating well this week!

Found motivation again!!

Which is good, cause lately I've been absolutely pigging out.

And I really like the workout I found. It's called the "tabata protocol."

It's supposed to burn about as many calories as a 40-60 minute run, it boosts metabolism for 36 hours, and it makes your body adapt and improve quickly.

Aand it takes 4 minutes. =]

20 seconds high-intensity exercise (all-out) followed by 10 seconds of rest, repeated 8 times.

I've been rotating through squat thrusts, mountain climbers, high knees, and jumping jacks - two sets of each.

I'm a big fan so far. We'll see if it works out. I definitely have a few extra pounds I'd like to shave off right now..like I said, I've been eating like a pig haha.

Thanks guys! Feeling a bit better, but I get so tired so easily that I still take it pretty easy. I've been down for so long I think it's going to take awhile to get my strength and energy back up.

^ You'll get there! Just keep taking care of you and listening to your body. Keep us updated!

So at hubby's work, they're doing a "Biggest Loser" contest. $20 bucks to enter and it ends by Memorial Day. Whoever has the highest weight loss to body weight ratio, wins all the money. 20 have pledged so far, but not paid (we'll see if they actually do. Which I hope - that'd be a $200 pot!) They're making the reverse for DH; he's trying to GAIN weight. We've already been trying to do this, so this contest is just more incentive! I think he's going to win. You can tell he works out and I think he looks hott B) There is a picture of him from a while back (before we were together) when he was working out and paying attention to nutrition...OMG. He was freaking ripped! Washboard abs and popping shoulders/biceps!

Last night during our workout, he said "YOU HAVE MAN ARMS!" Made me laugh because I obviously DO NOT have man arms. For as puny as my arms are, it's not too bad using 17.5 pound dumbbells for 8-12 curls. Progress is slow but it's going in the right direction, so I shouldn't complain.