Sign in to follow this  
Indestructible

The Official Workout Thread

I havent done squat for exercise. Hopefully when I am done with this semester in a few weeks I can start walking with the hubby in the mornings.

Hey I forgot about this one too! I've been working out during my lunch at work, which consists of 20 minutes of running (2 miles which usually incudes intervals of some sort) then 12-15 minutes of core/weighted interval moves. Then after dinner I do a 15 minute Shaun T workout during the week.

On weekends I try to do a longer, tough workout on Saturday and on Sunday I usually have an active rest day where I still try to do something active, but don't do an actual workout.

Hey Everyone!! :smileywavey:

I've been doing an AB Core workout in the mornings and when I have time I go to the gym. At the gym I do at least 30 minutes of cardio(Ellipitcal, Bike, and stairstepper). Then I try and do 20-30 minutes of strength training.

I'm still sticking with it-- even eating bealthier!(almost unheard of for me! But I still have my splurge days lol!)

I worked out lightly in December and January. This month I have really kicked it up a notch to get ready barrel races (and of course Summertime!)

Insanity every day except Sunday, running and Ab Ripper a few days a week. I occasionally throw P90x or Pop Pilates workouts into the mix. And of course riding!

Hilz you have seriously been an inspiration to me!!!

I am down 25 pounds from my fat weight. I would like to lose 10 more, but I seem to be stuck currently...

I have been running 2 miles every other day and lifting weights. I am bringing both of my ponies back down here so I will be running on M/W/F and riding both ponies the rest of the time. I think this will kick me into another level!

I've been slacking...i was doing so well, but this week I skipped 3 days (including today - and now i feel really fat cause i ate a huge dinner!). But my sister will be here on sunday and she wants to run with me so as long as I run tomorrow I should be a lot better as far as getting back into the habit. Hopefully I'll be running 5k in about two weeks! It's so weird that I'm already that far into my running plan!

I've started going to Kettlebell classes at my university's wellness center. I really enjoy it. Great full-body workout, combining strength and cardio.... But I only go once or twice a week, so my next goal is to work out a little more frequently. But at least I'm doing something hahah.

I've started going to Kettlebell classes at my university's wellness center. I really enjoy it. Great full-body workout, combining strength and cardio.... But I only go once or twice a week, so my next goal is to work out a little more frequently. But at least I'm doing something hahah.

Right on! Maybe on your 'off' days you can do some extra walking. That can really add up and burn off those cals!

I've been bouncing between these zoned body work outs from Pinterest and playing Just Dance on the Wii! Seriously, it is so much fun and you sweat like crazy. Downside is you also LOOK crazy so that's why I do it when I'm alone lol.

I forgot about this thread! Glad it got bumped cause I'm super excited about today and might need to do a teeny tiny bit of shameless bragging cause i am incredibly impressed with myself.

As of one month ago I was concerned with making sure I ran slow enough to last an entire 5-minute interval.

Today I ran to the gym. I ran a total of 4.25 miles (with about a 20 minute break for strength and stretching 3.16 miles in), not including my .4 mile walking warm up. The first leg, up until the break, was into a 21mph wind.

I cant believe I am capable of this. And I cant wait to run a race.

Unfortunately my running buddy is currently on rest due to foot pain, and I dont want to go to a race alone, so I dont know when I will be able to race. But im super excited to just know that I can.

Keep up the hard work, everybody...I can officially say from experience that it pays off!

Aaah I am getting so pumped for my first 5k in years. If I felt like driving an hour and a half for a race with nobody to accompany me I could go to one next weekend...but I'm feeling too broke for that kind of fuel usage so I'll probably wait til the next week when there's one closer to half an hour away. I can't wait. My goal is to run it in under 28 minutes, but extra credit if i can do under 25 minutes.

Also, I'm really sad for my friend who was my running partner until her foot started hurting her. I hope it feels better soon, at this rate she's not gonna be able to make it to our first race!

I joined a new gym and really like it! It's all group classes that involve kickboxing, TRX, kettle bell, core stuff, etc. the classes are like 50-55 mins and they're really tough interval type classes. I'm hoping they'll help kick my butt into shape! Haha they also give you a heart rate monitor when you sign up, so it tracks my progress and calories burned, etc. Then I can go home and log into the website and there's different meal plans I can follow if I want. I just started so I'm excited to see how it goes!!

Awesome work Krystal!

Today I did kickboxing again. I have my heart rate monitor, so I got to monitor my heart rate which was nice and I burned 566 calories! Also, I'm starting to use myFitness pal and its pretty easy!

Tomorrow is K-Rock, which is apparently a new class this month and everyone said it was super tough last week! Lol I'm excited though 'cause I love getting my butt kicked. Haha

Anyone use green coffee bean pills? Not a true diet pill, but works as one? Heard about it through the Dr Oz show and got interested.

Did the kettle bell (Krock) workout yesterday, which was tough! Today is the core day, which incorporates yoga and stretching, so I'm excited because I'm pretty sore! haha

I think I might be able to go to the gym on saturday this week as well because I'm staying in the city Friday night for Girl's night, so I'll be going to the gym 6 days this week! Need.to.kick.my.butt.into.shape. lol! I'm already feeling better and since I've been going to the gym I actually WANT to eat healthy and make good food/portion choices.

My thighs, hamstrings & shoulders are sore.

But on the plus side, my thighs and abs are getting tones / some definition.