Sign in to follow this  
tb_jumper

Nicolai Went To The Beach!

I've been wanting to do this for so long, and got lucky that today was such an epic day! For those of you from CA, we went to Pismo, which is a 15 minute drive from the barn. He was perfect, and loved his run along the beach. He even jumped the seaweed piles :)

photo-10.jpg

photo-9.jpg

photo-7.jpg

photo-8.jpg

photo-5.jpg

photo-3.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Edited by tb_jumper

So cool!!! I would love to get to ride my horse (if I ever find one) on the beach! But being in a land locked midwest state the possibility is doubtful!

Looks like you guys had fun!

psmitty - He's a bit of a chicken when it comes to water, so I didn't push him. He got his toes wet but he'd spin and run when the waves came in. Not bad for his first experience with the ocean! We did walk up a creek though and he went pretty deep before I chickened out due to the fairly newish iPhone in my boot...didn't want to take any chances winking0073.gif

Harumph! Just so you know it's -40 here with the windchill. Not fair! :bang_head:

(But still super cool about the beach, it looks like a ton of fun.)

Harumph! Just so you know it's -40 here with the windchill. Not fair! :bang_head:

(But still super cool about the beach, it looks like a ton of fun.)

Holy moly. It was 30 here this morning and I thought that was cold. You are much, much braver than I!

My mare got over her water troubles following my friends horse that was half duck into the ocean. Of course, my beach ride was at the nasty gulf so it wasn't nearly as pretty, but it sure was fun! :)