Sign in to follow this  
LarksDashinForColor

Starting The Breeding Journey

I will be going through the foaling journey except this time with a planned pregnancy. Everyone remembers my surprise foal Lexus when I picked her dam back up.

I will be breeding Libby in April. Her registered name is CSpots N Liberty Lark. I'll be breeding her to a local stallion Sky High To Fame. I'm hoping for a colored foal with a great mind. Both sire and dam have proven themselves and I hope the foal will be a great performer.

I hope all goes well for you in April. Just going off the colors you have a good chance at a bay tobiano or sorrel tobiano and a smaller chance of just bay or sorrel (if not homozygous for tobiano). What are you hoping for?

Anything healthy. However any tobiano would be nice. I just had a nice conversation with the lady that trained and ran Fame on the track. She had nothing but good to say about him. Hes smart, willing, and quiet as a mouse.

If I can get this mare moved I'm selling, I can bring Libby home. I have pretty high hopes for this foal in the pen.

OK, took me long enough!!!

These are all older photos of Libby, but you'll get the idea.

random002.jpg

libbyfilly7.jpg

libby10.jpg

This is Fame (Sky High To Fame) Sky High To Fame

I talked to the lady that trained and raced him on the track. She had nothing but good to say about him and his demeanor. I'm excited, that's for sure!

Libby is approximately 16.0 hands, and Fame is 15.2 I think. So hopefully it will be a decent sized baby. Libby's suprise foal is huge as a coming two year old and will definately pass Libby in height. Not sure who the sire is though.

Libby is gorgeous. The stallion is nice too and it's great he has such a good personality. I bet April can't get here fast enough for you.

LOL, I can definitely understand your excitement! I was planning on breeding Annie two years ago, and the day before we took her it for a follicle check, she injured herself very severely. She needed multiple surgeries, and by the time all was said and done, it would have been a very late baby (not to mention I had spent the money I had set aside for breeding costs and still owned the vet another $6000!) So I had to wait until last year. That was a toughy, but we made it!

Looks like a nice mare and stallion, here's hoping for a baby for you that is smart, trainable, athletic and runs like the wind! And spotted, of course!happy0203.gif