Sign in to follow this  
kitten-kat

We Has Baby

Oh and to give an idea why i chose to blanket.. Dunno why i listened to this storm warning.. the pictures start on my way home from the barn not 5 minutes later.. all photos were taken at a stop! My drive is 18 miles to home

100_4202.jpg

100_4200.jpg

100_4198.jpg

100_4203.jpg

This pictures is Home for about 40 minutes.

100_4206.jpg

Thanks for posting new pics, kitten-kat. He is just a doll in his shiny blue blanket. Glad you got him blanketed; that storm looks like a doozy, stay warm!

Congrats on the new boy!!! He's really cute, and looks nice and healthy!! It's cute the way Daniel is guarding them.

I am glad too. it is almost 6 inches in my front yard, and usually they get a tad more this winter than I do.. but sometimes they have gotten less.. doubt it.. anyway, this is officially the worst snow storm in the valley here this year. or last.. (nov-dec) I haven't had more than 2 inches in my yard all winter, and not i have 6.. LOL Figures she would choose this time.. LOL I wish i had a blanket actually fit her, but as she is used to the weather, i am not too worried bout her.. but I am glad her owners got him his warm coat!

It is amazing how protective Daniel is.. every time we have to handle baby, he gets just as upset as Mama.. both are easy to deal with, but you can tell they would rather not.. he nickers, and calls to Dudits ( My " Barn " name, His owners name for him will likely be different ) and makes little murmuring noises.. then Mama goes and tells him off and he wanders a little way, but still keeps watch.. she really only threatens him, she actually likes him most of the time. I am most glad he is finally willing to wander off to eat his meals.. he had me a tad concerned.

Edited by kitten-kat

Dudits is just adorable. Can't believe it was just a couple weeks ago when you discovered he was coming. Are you going to train Dudits too?

And the snow you got....wow. It is hot and humid here. Everyone is in a t-shirt and shorts. Crazy weather.

Only Halter work, and a bit of foot work ( his first rasping and such ) before he goes.. at 3 years who knows. as long as he stays easy to handle, I might not see him but for visits.. It will be 8 weeks before he and Mom go home, their owners are getting their own paddock set up.. as well as a weaning spot for that time as well! They have a pretty good hand on things.. they are even making plans for his gelding. I am very pleased how they have handled this.. all considering they paid 185 for the "open" mare at auction... LOL he has a lot more invested in his new colt..

The owners are very excited to have a little boy!! Dad is surrounded by woman of some sort.. a boy around the house will help even the odds a tad bit.

It is amazing we haven't had a winter all year and now this.. just started snowing again.. but eh the bad part, is the 50 degree they are saying for next week!

He's a cutie, that's for sure. But I'm just thankful he didn't bust his leg when he was born sticking it through the panel...

tell me bout it.. I was a little bothered by that.. but he had someone there to help with that.. some mares just seem to give birth next to panels.. My Mom used to have a Cinnamon horse (she was cinnamon colored and had a spicy attitude) that both foals were dropped in weird places.. One was dropped on the other side of her paddock, we still never figured out how she pulled that off, nothing was shorter than 6 foot, and everything touched the ground, the other was born half in and half out of a panel, with most of her in the water.. ugh.. both foals were fine.. but it sure panicked me.. took me 3 hours to dry the " water " horse off.. ofter that it was a matter of getting it into the shelter and then getting it warm.. silly baby's had Mama trained after that, they nickered she backed into the dreaded stall (she was abused long ago, and hated stalls of any sort) and let them nurse as soon as they were done nursing she booked it right back out of the stall!!

Sorry I have not updated, have been busy.. I have some new photos of Little Monster, as he has a bit of a tude.. his Mom is back to riding, and her owner is learning her new ways..

100_4298.jpg

Giggle these are my favorite shots..

100_4297.jpg

100_4293.jpg

100_4294.jpg

Hover Pony

100_4295.jpg

100_4300.jpg

I will be going out today sometime and will get more.. He is getting a bit of an attitude, so will be getting a lesson on manners.. all boy!! Healthy and spunky, Loves people gets very excited at the thought of seeing people.. and sometimes a bit too much.. Tween rearing up to say Hi, and trying to eat people, he is a bit of a pain, but all is fair in love and babies..

Mama is back to be an easy rider, loosest rein i have ever accomplished on a horse, she is sweet and willing and wants to do what you ask.. I see her boy being the same once he gets past the baby phase.. in 3 years.. LOL

100_4296.jpg

Edited by kitten-kat