kitten-kat

We Has Baby

Thank You everybody for all the good wishes and excellent advice, we have never foaled out a horse so this has been exciting and a little scary as well. In the end it has been one of the highlights!! He is absolutly amazing, I wish my kids could have walked at 45 minutes old!!post-59235-0-37759900-1330471285_thumb.jpgpost-59235-0-12969800-1330471306_thumb.jpgpost-59235-0-33491100-1330471320_thumb.jpgpost-59235-0-08580900-1330471341_thumb.jpg

WOOOHOOO!!! Glad everything turned out ok and was a smooth delivery.

I bet the owner is dancing in his boots now that he is gonna have a boy around the house!! :yay: :yay:

Adorable! Congratulations to all and I have to say YOU did an awesome job of taking care of the Momma, before and after baby!!!

What a doll! My youngest looked similar without the white, ahh memories I still cry when I look at her baby photos.

Most of the pics had his eyes blue LOL Diamond Blue Eyes would be perfect for him LOL

As to your boy celebrating this birth....when Cheyenne was born the whole herd went to bucking and hollering as a new member had come into the barn (my 3 mares were with my now ex friends 10 horses including the daddy who was puffed as a bullfrog-later gelded before Chi got to join the herd)

They do celebrate in their own ways!

Glad mom and baby are AOK!

Went and did the IGG blood draw a little earlier tonight, he is a sweet little thing.. Mama was very patient when we drew the blood..

They tried right after the auction to get hold of previous owner to get any registry papers, but the number was disconnected, so we have no idea even what she was bred to.. She is supposed to be QH

She is a sweety, and I am very grateful for an uneventful birth myself.. it was a long week of sleeping in my truck.. I didnt wake up till very late today! But it is nice to know they are healthy, and happy as well..

I have some new photos for everyone

I went out to blanket the little boy, since we got major winter storm warning.

When I left my house it was obvious the snow was coming in. But who would know it would be in heavier than it has all year, and in just 2 hours.. LOL

His blanket is a tad bit, but some creative use of duct tape and it is snug and warm for him.. the storm is supposed to last till after friday, so I wanted to make sure he was going to be safe in it..

Serving at the Milk bar!

100_4184.jpg

100_4185.jpg

100_4187.jpg

100_4193.jpg

100_4188.jpg

Visiting with Uncle Daniel

100_4189.jpg

100_4190.jpg

100_4191.jpg

Enjoy!

Oh and to give an idea why i chose to blanket.. Dunno why i listened to this storm warning.. the pictures start on my way home from the barn not 5 minutes later.. all photos were taken at a stop! My drive is 18 miles to home

100_4202.jpg

100_4200.jpg

100_4198.jpg

100_4203.jpg

This pictures is Home for about 40 minutes.

100_4206.jpg

Eating again, I was happy to see this.. not happy bout the hay all over the place.. but eh no worries.. he is still standing guard over Mama and Baby.. occasionally Mama reminds him it is her baby not his!! LOL Just threatens, nothing else.. she rather likes him most days.

Great pictures! He looks like a sturdy little guy. :happy0203:

The snow storm looks a bit like what we got here the other day. Not much snow, but high winds and drifting of the snow we do have.

we got 5.5 inches in the front yard, at my house, as to the barn, I haven't been out there today, I will try to get out there tomorrow, but I dont want to pull his blankie till it is a little more warm and dry again!!

He acts like a sturdy little guy!! Next week When I ride Daniel, Mama and Baby will be let out of their smaller enclosure for a bit so they can run around! I think they will enjoy that!

Yay baby!!!!! He is super cute. I love that Daniel is "helping." You're lucky she had him before the huge storm and not during it.

Sooo true! She had it in the middle of a smaller storm! but the big one waited a few days to come in.. Would have sucked to sleep in the truck through a bigger storm!!

She is a great little mama, and Daniel wishes he were more than a friend!! LOL He does make a Great Uncle! When ever we handle the baby, he is just as alert as the mare!

I just saw this. Been so busy drawing hoof lines. I think its wonderful that you have shared this with us. I no longer will have any foals around here and it leaves a big hole in my heart every springtime. Thankyou! I get to have satisfaction by vicariously living through you. Feels good!

So....., how did everyone's predictions work out? :happy0203:

I love Daniel's attentativeness. Never mind the fence, he is standing very respectfully just outside of her space and very quietly so as not to trigger reprimand. He would be a good uncle! He'd be there with flying stars at weaning time. Alas, I have a feeling he may not get the job?

Has a name been chosen?

Definitely out to pasture and running around like a bullet as much as possible. The good hoof development begins right now. They both will be better off for it. I can see Daniel wanting to go with them, lol!

Congratulations to all for surviving the waiting game, even if you had no choice. Not the greatest time of year to be born and I don't envy you sleeping in the truck or having to drive in that weather. It's all good now! Get some healthy REM sleep, eh? You've all earned it, that's for sure! Daniel included, lol!

Thanks again for sharing. Now I can go through spring fever properly. Best wishes to all.

Sorry I have not updated, have been busy.. I have some new photos of Little Monster, as he has a bit of a tude.. his Mom is back to riding, and her owner is learning her new ways..

100_4298.jpg

Giggle these are my favorite shots..

100_4297.jpg

100_4293.jpg

100_4294.jpg

Hover Pony

100_4295.jpg

100_4300.jpg

I will be going out today sometime and will get more.. He is getting a bit of an attitude, so will be getting a lesson on manners.. all boy!! Healthy and spunky, Loves people gets very excited at the thought of seeing people.. and sometimes a bit too much.. Tween rearing up to say Hi, and trying to eat people, he is a bit of a pain, but all is fair in love and babies..

Mama is back to be an easy rider, loosest rein i have ever accomplished on a horse, she is sweet and willing and wants to do what you ask.. I see her boy being the same once he gets past the baby phase.. in 3 years.. LOL

100_4296.jpg

I am sorry I missed this message.. I dont miss the sleeping in the truck.. or the weather driving..

Daniel got ot be out with Mama and baby recently, he enjoyed being able to touch muzzles with his little charge.. he was very protective, and when Mama warned him he just walked away, and she didn't hardly get upset.. I am very proud of her.. I think he will miss his little charge. And I think he is a great horse for who he is, someday he will get to play the uncle again I have no doubt!

I would put Daniel away for a few days and let the Mama and baby out more, but as there are mares on the other side of the fence, and Mama seems to insist on Kicking a 4 inch steel pipe, I am not inclined to deal with broken coffin bones.. they get their large run, he runs constantly, and they get turn out when I am there.. as well as turn out comes halter and leading lessons as well as Mama going back to riding.. I cant wait till he is lead-able enough to follow me out on trails before he and his Mama go home.. I would like to get him ready so his owner can take him and his Mom out on trails.. I think it would be great for them..

His Owners have named him "Shiloh", and his barn name with me is "Dudits" after the character in the Dream catcher novel/movie.. he is and always will be my hero. He has a bit of a Dudits personality, sometimes seems out in his own world, and other times he is right with out and very attentive and learning everything so fast.

I wish Daniel could be the weaning uncle, but I think the owners have a good plan of action and are taking all the precautions needed.. I am very happy with them..

I am not much for baby horses, take too long to be able to anything real with them.. I am the short term get it done person, I get them ridable age.. LOL But this one is cute, and his Mama has a part of my heart, and he has taken a spot next to her.. I will enjoy watching him grow up!

Thankyou for the encouraging words.. I am just glad to beable to continue my training with her, and now him.. hard work, but so worth the effort..

I just saw this. Been so busy drawing hoof lines. I think its wonderful that you have shared this with us. I no longer will have any foals around here and it leaves a big hole in my heart every springtime. Thankyou! I get to have satisfaction by vicariously living through you. Feels good!

So....., how did everyone's predictions work out? :happy0203:

I love Daniel's attentativeness. Never mind the fence, he is standing very respectfully just outside of her space and very quietly so as not to trigger reprimand. He would be a good uncle! He'd be there with flying stars at weaning time. Alas, I have a feeling he may not get the job?

Has a name been chosen?

Definitely out to pasture and running around like a bullet as much as possible. The good hoof development begins right now. They both will be better off for it. I can see Daniel wanting to go with them, lol!

Congratulations to all for surviving the waiting game, even if you had no choice. Not the greatest time of year to be born and I don't envy you sleeping in the truck or having to drive in that weather. It's all good now! Get some healthy REM sleep, eh? You've all earned it, that's for sure! Daniel included, lol!

Thanks again for sharing. Now I can go through spring fever properly. Best wishes to all.

Edited by kitten-kat