MelodieCuffin

Sweeties Foal Watch It's A Colt! 5/20 Scary Update But Baby Is Improving.

Thank you so much cvm for replying. It's hard not to worry. She is fine this morning eating grain and hay board owner said last night she had several episodes of the pushing. The vet said last night alot of babies in our area have been hitting the year mark but I think she just did not want me stressing so much over it.

I third about the baby getting in position. Most mares who are getting ready will have what looks like colic signs. Rolling, up and down, pushing (weither it be baby or poo), etc., etc. I'm sure you'll have the baby to play with soon, just not right now. Lol! {{{{{HFV}}}}}

She was the same. No pushing any more but definitely hip seemed higher and bit on the cranky side. Tonight is the super Flower moon, the brightest largest moon for 2012, so maybe if god willing there will be a baby to greet me when I go to the barn in the morning.

dqgqrr.jpg

Edited by red neck cowgurl

She looks good. Ya never know. Some mares prefer moon phases, others storms, and some just like to surprise ya! Lol! {{{{{HFV}}}}}

She looks good. Ya never know. Some mares prefer moon phases, others storms, and some just like to surprise ya! Lol! {{{{{HFV}}}}}

nada/ nothing! Spent the day with her and no new changes. Still occasional wax. We ended having the vet in the barn again today. A horse came in from the pasture limping, was an abcess hoof. She looked at her and said it really should be any time! I gave her a butt massage today too, took your advice spiffy, she loved it hopefully baby feels relaxed enough to want to come out and play.

Glad she liked her butt massage. It's mainly for the mare. Takes some of the pain away from their hips and girlie parts, from all that getting ready stuff. Spiffy just loves is and will move her tail off to the side. You might not think she likes it from looking at her ears though, but when you're that big you're ears would be constantly back too! Lol!

Tonight major jello butt and tail head. Definitely looks like baby is close to being in position. Just read in a foal book, when baby is in position there will be a hump a tail head. Anyone every experience this? I gave a good massage and still saw movement near the high hip but defintely not at tail head. So thinking we might have at least a couple more days. Has anyone been committed for waiting for their mare to foal??? I feel like it.

2wdy7hy.jpg

Edited by red neck cowgurl

I agree with a few more days. She doesn't really look ready yet to me. Close, but not quite yet.

Don't think anyone's been committed on here, but we usually do loose some hair before baby gets here! Lol!

My horse never v's or does the normal things.Vet told me she never goes by the udders, so many horses are different. She goes by the palpation presentation.

It 's hard to tell from the pic I think the way she is standing. This is not a hill, but shows her sunken she looks. Today is her due date. The baby will get here when she is ready. Too much drama in the barn this week, one horse coliced, one with abcess. too stressful for baby to arrive. She wants all the attention on her when it is time.

Just don't be surprised if she goes close to a year. A lot of mares are foaling closer to the year mark or over this year.

I know it's not funny, but just don't want you to worry if she does. Some mares change up every now and then. I think to keep us on our toes. Lol!

I believe that is the first plunger brought out this year. We might need the one I saw on HGS though. That thing was HUGE and would take 3 or 4 people just to pick it up and use it! Lol! Might have to go see if I can find the pic and post it here. Lol!

ETA:

Here is the link to said huge plunger.

Biggest plunger ever!

Edited by SpiffyGrl

Yup. I think the mere sight of that and any mare due would pop her baby out!!! Lol!

Sweetie is still the same. I think she looks more dropped. She has wax on teats but milk is still clear but sticky. She never even had milk before the baby last time when she was a maiden. I will post more pics later once my battery uploads on the phone. Amish farrier was at the barn yesterday, he is basically the farrier/animal vet for the amish and he said she will go soon. She is 5 days late, if the vet calculation was right but wonder... I told sweetie the best mom's gift for me would be a new foal and she would get a bag of carrots. Even trade... but not sure if bribery will even work.

20i88xw.jpg

She looks good. I agree with soon, just not right now. I'd like to see, doesn't mean she'll get it, the flat boat bottom belly look. That usually means baby will be here soon!!!! I can post the pics I took of Spiffy's boat bottom I took in 09 before she had Dude, if you want. So you know what to look for, if she possibly does it. :winking:

She is 5 days late, if the vet calculation was right but wonder...

Remember, there is no such thing as an equine due date. 340 days is an average. meaning some go longer, some go shorter.

I keep telling myself that, think I am more anxious than when I had my kids. I got a couple more pics today. I exercised her today a little, she prefers not to move or just enough to eat. We went for a walk today, no riding but went for a walk on the trails and then a fast walk for about 10 min. She is more cranky today than i ever seen her, pre exercise. She got a nice butt rub from a boarder who also is a equine masseuse. She tried relaxing her vulva with gentle massage. Amazing how it relaxed it got and then how it really opened up.Today she looked more v like than i ever seen.

1432hsj.jpg

9rtyxx.jpg

xylqx.jpg

Talk about a close-up udder shot!!! Where's the rest of her udder?! :rotf:

Anyways, she still has quite a big crease in her udder, of what I can see, and I'd like to see that crease completely gone (or almost gone) before I'd say she's gonna foal. Are you completely sure of the dates she was bred on?? She looks to be right along with Spiffy and she's due at the end of the month.

Side note: Love the look of enthusiasim (sp?) on the tail holder helper's face! Lol!

I am not really concerned on the udder, first the cistern is rock hard, and last time she did not get a full bag til about an hour after birth. Due date we are not fully sure, she was with him for a full month in the pasture. I am going by my vets calculation with ultrasound/palpation ect. Vet said she is anticipating a good sized foal. The longest due date would be may 22. Which is not that far away. She will probally hold out til this weekend when I am going away on a seminar for my job. I will cancel if i have to, my boss will understand. He is a aqha judge in our area so at least he has been down this route. People I work with act like it's a cat having a kitten. Gotta love the non horsey people...

The holder is my daughter and I think she is tired of the weekly vulva shots. I only been doing it for around 5 weeks but she probally better be riding her horse cowboy(our former stud and papa).

Yeah, if you check Spiffy thread (just updated it) her udder isn't really that full either.

So, your daughter has only held her tail 5 times and she's tired of it?? Lol! I wouldn't be, but that's just me! I'm a little :crazy: anyways. :rotf:

I know she does not quite get why checking the hoo/hoo is so important. Go figure. She actually came to the barn to ride with her friends from college and all I could think of is udders and hoo/hoo's.