MelodieCuffin

Sweeties Foal Watch It's A Colt! 5/20 Scary Update But Baby Is Improving.

Looks close to me! My girl gets a big udder but her crease doesn't really ever fully vanish. Call me weird but I love the way her marking cuts into her hoo hoo and makes part of it pink. I think all of the mares did conspire to go late this year. I swear EVERYONE I know is going late. *looks out the window at Sweets* "You better not be late!" (she's not due until the 27th)

My vet told me that last week when she was at the barn on another matter. "all babies in this area are going over 1 year" We are at 349 so she is just about ready to hit that mark. I still saw baby move near her hip yesterday so we are close but not quite there. As long as mom and baby are doing okay I am willing to wait til her cooking is done.

I think it's all over the U.S. that they're going at least if not over a year. My friend has 2 mares that are over a year right now and 1 who is at 350 days right now.

May 20th... its the solar eclipse... So I'm saying the 17th....that is my prediction.. besides I see feet on her sides..:happy0203: Twinkie was the same way body wise only was pouring out lots of milk!

AD

:yahoo: Well this morning "WE HAVE A BUCKSKIN COLT"!!!!! Arrived right at 730 am

f1in8p.jpg

I will post tons of pictures tonight. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Edited by red neck cowgurl

Congratulations! Love buckskins, he's a keeper!! My girlfriend's buckskin is named Bocephus!

Vet came out to check. Placenta is out intact. Both got a clean bill of health, igg check in am. He pooped a couple of times but vet gave an enema on the safe side. He does have a slighly contracted tendon but vet was not concerned and will check in am,feels it will correct itself. Boy is baby tall and vet said big boned guy. Not much chrome but I think I could not have asked for a better foal. I was not sure if buckskin but vet says the shadings are usally smoky like his and darken in time. Still on working on a name. This pic he is in the indoor arena waiting for the vet.:yahoo:

30jsfnk.jpg

Edited by red neck cowgurl

Baby ryder took a turn for the worst on monday, the vet came out early to take the igg test and he was lethargic and having copious diarrhea. After she tried a few things I rushed him to the equine specialty hospital in burton ohio and things were not looking real good when I left. They still do not know the cause of the infection, results will be back tommorow. They treated him for everything but he is greatly improved. He is still in the neo icu but sucking mom dry, playing in the foal play area and a fave of the attendents. The pic below is monday eve after we got to the hospital a 3 hour drive, these vets were so caring to ryder and sweetie my mare and so respectful to me. I highly reccomend them if you are in ohio. :angel3: :angel3:

2zdvrs0.jpg

Congrats, and I hope Ryder continues to improve. He's a cutie!!! Prayers and good thoughts for a complete and speedy recovery!! :huggy: :huggy: :huggy::angel3: :angel3: :angel3:

OMG - I sure was NOT expecting to read something like this! I am glad he is improving and I guess You are very hopeful he is going to be fine?? What a scary thing for you to go through with them, it sure makes it a lot less stressful when you have good doctors and techs! Saying a prayer for Ryder and Sweetie....and you too!!!

Ryder is doing so much better. The dr called me tonight, still waiting on bug results! They did rule out roto and samonella. He is out of the neo icu and possibly might be able to come home monday. Iv fluids will continue til tommorow but he is sucking mom dry still and such a playful guy. I did miss the bonding time but at least my boy is going to be okay. We will have time to bond because he is so going no where. :angel3:

congrats and hope your lil cutie continues to improve, watching and waiting for more good updates.

congrats and hope your lil cutie continues to improve, watching and waiting for more good updates.

This^^^

Baby ryder still improving and though the bms are still soft and more in volume. He is nursing like crazy! They are not diarrhea. The bug was Clostridium difficile. I know as a nurse it is rampid in the hospitals. There was a mysterious illness in the barn 2 weeks before he was born, they took blood cultures which all were negative but c diff usually only shows in the stool. The vet checked mom and she was clean, but who knows. The barn owner has sinced bleached down every stall and the indoor arena so hopefully baby can now recover. She thought about him coming home on sunday but due to the heat wave here prefers he stay for til the beginning to middle of next week. A 2 hour trailer ride in the heat would not benefit him and I'm working all weekend. I can't wait for my babies to come home. The Only thing sweetie thought she was a "diva" before and now living with her is going to be too much! They live in an air-conditioned mother/foal suite. :lol:

Any update? More prayers and good thoughts for Ryder, Sweetie, and you. :huggy: :huggy: :huggy::angel3: :angel3: :angel3:

Ryder will be coming home on weds or thursday!! I kinda missed the first week of his life, bright side is they told me they been handling him everyday and is super gentle. I promise to put up pics on when we arrive home. :happy0203:

Congrats on the new little one! he is ADORABLE! glad he is doing better, and wishes that he continues to do better! LOVE the name by the way, my 3 month old sons' name is Ryder! I love the name and it fits him perfect. again congrats and can't wait to see new updated pix!