Eskielvr

Whats Your Favorite Movie?

Anything with John Wayne

All of the classic musicals: Singing in the Rain, My Fair Lady, etc

The Longest Day

Any of those old movies with Dean Jones: The Ugly Dauchsand, The Horse in the Gray Flannel Suit, Gus, Blackbeard's Ghost etc

The Apple Dumpling Gang

And anything with Fred McMurray!

I am way old fashioned on my movie tastes, I know :)

Breakfast Club

Saturday Night Fever

Titanic 1997

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Lion King 1, 1 1/2, 2

Spirit, Stallion of the Cimmaron

Finding Nemo

Wall-E

Monsters, Inc.

Ice Age 1 & 2

Secretariat

Ruffian

The Tattooed Police Horse

and too many others that I don't have space enough to post here. I like cartoon movies too, as you can see. The Wizard of Oz is also one of my faves, as well as both Home Alones and A Christmas Story.

Loving seeing people's faves! Several of those posted are movies that I cannot not watch if I come across them on TV.

I think Raiders of the Lost Ark is my original favorite movie. Silence of the Lambs is another I will get lost in whenever I see it's on, even though it's cut to pieces to air on TV in most cases.

Others that people already mentioned or reminded me of:

Blazing Saddles (and High Anxiety)

Clue

The Princess Bride

Highlander

Open Range

The Jurassic Park, Harry Potter, Star Trek, and Lord of the Rings series

Twister

The Jungle Book

Ghostbusters

Tombstone

Holy Grail

Real Genius -- yes!

and most of the Clint Eastwood westerns

Cutting Edge "Toe Pick"

Beg pardon?

~ Cutting Edge "toe pick" ~

Beg pardon?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104040/

In the movie Cutting Edge, a pairs figure skater who is a very demanding diva and difficult to work with, has chased off all available partners. Therefor limiting her choices to training with an injury-released ice hockey player who is the only one to accept the position.

The ice skates both athletic competitors use are similar, yet the blades are very different. Ice hockey blades have a rounded toe and figure skaters' have a jagged edge called a "toe pick" to assist with jump takeoffs.

Transitioning from smooth blades to a toe pick blade is difficult. If you accidentally 'grab' the ice with your toe pick ... DOWN you go! The hockey player character suffers quite a few falls and the snotty girl singsongs in a taunting voice with eyebrows raised and a condescending smile on her face: "Toe pick!"

Cutting edge...good movie :-)

Add in "Taxi".. a comedy with Queen Latifah and Jimmy Fallon......just a fun comedy. I just watched it for the 4th time!

The Lion King

Aladdin

Memoirs of a Geisha

I could watch Memoirs of a Geisha all day everyday and never get bored of it. <3 <3 <3

Edited by DiluteMe

Forrest Gump, hands down, all time favorite movie. EVER. I can practically recite the whole dang movie lol

But I also like:

Risky Business

The Green Mile

The Village

Finding Nemo

American Pie (1-3, and now I need to see the Reunion!!)

Pretty Woman

Edward Scissorhands

Edited by saudimack

American Pie (1-3, and now I need to see the Reunion!!)

Parts of #4, the Reunion, was filmed in my town, just 2 blocks up the street from the library!

When you see outdoor dining scenes at a hotdog place, that is the corner of our Spring and Broad streets. Also, the Mike Cash business painted a mural on the side of their building.

http://waltontribune.com/news/article_9ca2819a-9c30-11e0-afb1-001cc4c03286.html

4e00dc94eba2a.preview-300.jpg

10 Things I Hate About You

Good one! Love it...may have to watch it tomorrow.

Right now I'm pretty obsessed with The Hunger Games... the HP series is definitely in there, but mostly the last three. I LOVE movies like Troy and King Arthur, and love the LOTR series.

I love Edward Scissorhands!

Let's add Quigley Down Under to the list also. And Remember the Titans, Pretty Woman, True Grit (original), Tombstone, Dr. Dolittle (original), Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (I <3 Howard Keel), Spartacus, Ben Hur, Almost all of the old musicals (I really like the TCM channel), Avatar, Nightmare Before Christmas, The Corpse Bride, Coraline, Sweeney Todd, and oh so many more. I love a lot.

ETA

Excalibur and Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Monty Python cracks me up big time.

Edited by Sayge

love that movie!!

we saw "cactus flower" last night with malter matthau, ingrid bergman and goldie hawn. :rotf: hilarioius!

"my dinner with andr?", "my fair lady", "guess who's coming to dinner". i love oldies!

I have several.....

* The Rocky Horror Picture Show

* Mama Mia

* The Wizard of Oz

* Blazing Saddles

.....and, of course, anything with Vincent Price in it! :smilie:

Edited by rattusrat

Omg... love the Birdcage.. and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers!!!

Does anyone remember an old movie by the title of The Doberman Gang?? I loved that movie as a kid. Totally one I would love to see again.

Some of you have very sophisticated tastes**coughtagletcough**, and others are just like me.. lol.

Keep em coming! :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104040/

In the movie Cutting Edge, a pairs figure skater who is a very demanding diva and difficult to work with, has chased off all available partners. Therefor limiting her choices to training with an injury-released ice hockey player who is the only one to accept the position.

The ice skates both athletic competitors use are similar, yet the blades are very different. Ice hockey blades have a rounded toe and figure skaters' have a jagged edge called a "toe pick" to assist with jump takeoffs.

Transitioning from smooth blades to a toe pick blade is difficult. If you accidentally 'grab' the ice with your toe pick ... DOWN you go! The hockey player character suffers quite a few falls and the snotty girl singsongs in a taunting voice with eyebrows raised and a condescending smile on her face: "Toe pick!"

Loved it to. So many here I'd completely forgotten about.

waaah Eskie I was just coming back to say....

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers!! I want that on DVD SOOOO badly, but for some reason just never buy it!

Also, Forrest Gump is a winner

as is League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

papillion with steve mcqueen and dustin hoffman, midnight cowboy with dustin hoffman and jon voight, the graduate with dustin hoffman. calendar girls with helen mirrin. and LOCAL HERO, soundtrack by eric clapton. oh vey. i have added so many to my list!!

My bestie and I watched The Birdcage Friday night!

That movie is so much fun!

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Oh, yeah. Another one I can't look away from.

^I have a feeling you like Dustin Hoffman LOL :P

i have a feeling i do too LOL! thanks for reminding me! TOOTSIE!

more non-hoffman faves:

Ice Age 1 and 3

fantasia

cool hand luke

butch cassidy and the sundance kid

jaws. (we're gonna need a bigger boat...)

out of africa

and just about anything with meryl streep

pat and mike

the eiger sanction

two mules for sister sarah

the yellow rolls royce

ETA to add how could i forget?! Mr. Bean!

Edited by nick

Pineapple Express is my all time favorite movie...followed by What Dreams May Come.

I know it says movies and not t.v. shows BUT- a t.v. show that ranks close to Pineapple Express would have to be American Horror Story. That show was beautifully written with major talent going into that show.

Heidi: I love how Defoe's character makes fun of Greenly crime dedusing (sp?) skills! It's just a hoot! In the 2nd one it's a woman instead of Defoe's character and she takes a liking to Greenly, which just makes it even funnier! Lol! You should watch all of both of them, but I suggest you leave the GTHR right about the scene where the brothers and Rocco are talking at Rocco's place. Not a pretty scene for any cat lover, even though it's an accident. :twitch:

Here's some more

K-19

Star Trek (the new one)

Any Mel Brooks' movie

Rocco (Peeking throug his fingers): "Is it okay?" Thought Colormeahorse was going to pee her pants the first time we watched it.

Also love when his girlfriend comes back and they have a pic of it over the mess on the wall.

Boondock Saints

Blues Brothers

Office Space

Smokey and The Bandit

Hoosiers

A Christmas Story

Star Wars (episodes 4-6, the prequels sucked)

Caddyshack

House of 1,000 Corpses

Devil's Rejects

Resevoir Dogs (Spiffy, if you like Boondock Saints you should like this. And you'll never listen to "Stuck In The Middle With You by Steeler's Wheel the same.)

Forgot:

Clerks

The Outlaw Josey Wales

The Rounders (Glen Ford and Henry Fonda western not the underground poker movie from the 2000s)Still looking for it on DVD.

The Cowboys

The Good , The Bad, The Ugly

The Searchers

Blues Brothers

Office Space

A Christmas Story

Star Wars (episodes 4-6, the prequels sucked)

Yes!

House of 1,000 Corpses
So funny -- this is my pick for worst movie EVER. (I'm only sharing this because I feel no judgment about what movies/music people like. It's totally personal and no one's opinion is better/more valid than the other, you know? So I hope this doesn't offend anyone.) I love horror flicks, but this one just blew chunks. I felt like you could even tell when they ran out of money and Rob tried to make it on his own without the studio's support.

LOVE Bill Moseley, though. He totally made that creeper Otis work.

It's too bad, because the premise was good and some of the actors were amazing. Same with Hostel.

(LOL, okay. Now I might have to watch it again and see if I was just in a really unfortunate mood.)

Resevoir Dogs (Spiffy, if you like Boondock Saints you should like this. And you'll never listen to "Stuck In The Middle With You by Steeler's Wheel the same.)

So true! Great flick.

Edited by Kina Kat

Really depends on my mood as to my fav.

Westerns:

Tombstone

Lonesome Dove all 4

Musicals:

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

Oklahoma

Chick Flicks:

Becoming Jane

For the young at heart:

Harry Potter

Science Fiction sort of:

Dragon Heart

Need a good cry Movie:

Beaches.

Black Dog (or any Patrick Swayze movie, really)

Boondock Saints, both one and two

Dances With Wolves

The Green Mile

Flicka