BrianaAtwood

Sweets 2012 Foal Watch

Well my mare is due at the end of May and I'm starting to get anxious, so I thought I'd start her foal watch page=)

Her last foal was a bay tovero filly with blue eyes and she's bred back to the same stallion, a bay tobiano owned by a good friend of mine. Neither parents have ever thrown blue eyes before Bella and both parents have brown eyes. Sweets has had 3 foals before this one. The first is my bay and white stallion, Dreamer. The second was a sorrel breedstock colt and the last one was the blue eyed bay tovero.

This is Sweets with her 2009 filly (who I still have):

Bella1week4.jpg

This is Sweets last week running to the field:

Sweets-1.jpg

and here's a few pics of Cherokee, the daddy:

Cherokeeleft-1.jpg

Cherokeeright-1-1.jpg

A good shot of Bella's blue:

Bella3weeks9-1.jpg

Soon I'll get some belly, udder and hoo-hoo shots for you guys :winking:

Yay! Another due around the same time as Spiffy! {{{HFV}}}

FYI: HFV = Healthy Foal Vibes :smilie:

Whoo hoo! and thanks for clarifying on the HFV, I was kind of worried that you were trying to give me a disease=P

No, not trying to vex you with a disease! Lol! I usually clarify the HFV for newbies, or those that haven't been to the foal forum, that don't know what it means.

P.S. I love your avatar pic! Too cute!

Edited by SpiffyGrl

Your mare is pretty. Almost the same name as my girl too. Sweetie is due around the same time. I think there are like 4 horses due at the same time. Good hfv to you!

Awww thanks guys! Spiffy, my avi is Bella the first time I put a halter on and let her out to play with it on. Needless to say she wasn't too impressed=P

Hoping for a healthy foal, sex and color don't matter although another set of blues would be nice :happy0203:

I took a couple of belly pics today.

From the front she just looks fat=P

Front.jpg

From the side she's def. preggers just carrying this one low instead of out.

Sweets4-20-2012-1.jpg

and from behind you can finally see her belly

back.jpg

and one of her rolling, sorry for the pixelation but she just HAD to go to the far field to roll.

RollSweets.jpg

Nothing interesting in the udder area just some distention and nothing noticeable in the hind end area either.

Oh yes all my paints love to roll... I think the whiter the horse the dirtier it thinks it must get=P Thank you and her eyes aren't blue but her last fillies are (and this baby will be a full sibling to the last one)

Gorgeous mare and stud. Can't wait to see what Mama is cookin' for you. ((((((((HFV)))))))

Have you seen her lope/gallop lately? Spiffy did this weekend and I swear her belly went out 2 feet on each side when she started running towards me! She looks good and they always just look fat from the front! Lol!

{{{{HFV}}}}

I keep telling her that she has to wait for at least day 315 and until after I buy straw! I won't get too excited until she has a big ole bag and is super loose (she gets super relaxed before foaling!)

Not too much to update with today, her bags a little fuller and she doesn't want to do more than walk (she usually trots to the field when I let them out/chase them up) and when I was getting them into the field she turned around and went back in the barn into Bellas stall (which is also half of our birthing stall when I take out the divider). Guess I better go buy some straw and get my foaling kit ready a little earlier than planned (as well as kick Xena and Star outside 24/7 so I can get the birthing stall ready) If she's early this will be the first time!

Day 311 and everything is slowly getting bigger. My guess is 2-3 more weeks as she's usually huge in the udder and super relaxed in the back end before she foals. Here's a few pics

Side

Sweets311days018-1.jpg

Behind

Sweets311days015-1.jpg

udder

Sweets311days028-1.jpg

hoo hoo

Hoohooday311.jpg

and a pic of my helper :rolleye0014: Xena

Sweets311days019-1.jpg

haha yeah It's going to be close between all of our mares=P Not much of a change today but I did notice this:

Sweets312days001-1.jpg

She normally is smooth along the top of her butt=P Guess her tail wanted to be more prominent today=P

and here's an udder shot, not much bigger but a little

Sweets312days002-1.jpg

I just realized that I haven't updated in almost 2 weeks! Not much to share. Her udder hasn't gotten too much bigger, I noticed today that she's finally starting to fill in the back of the bag. Her butt's getting more jiggly near her tail and she's still a little relaxed, no where near where she normally is (usually we have a HUGE udder and are super relaxed=P). Bella (her last foal, now 3) seems to be more clingy today, she keeps following her around and that's not normal. Liquid from her teats has gone from a clear, slightly opaque to WHITE!

Today I got her birthing stall ready and kicked Xena and Star out to the field at night since the weather is nice. Bella and Xena aren't too thrilled to be separated but Sweets could care less=P Momma knows the foaling stall means she can have the baby anytime she wants.

Also had everyones feet trimmed today and Sweets kept trying to lay on my farrier :rolleye0014: lets hope she foals within the next 6 weeks or the poor guy may get crushed!

I'll try to get some pics tomorrow=)

Spiffy HATES getting her back feet trimmed when she in foal! I do trim them myself, only call a farrier out to shoe, so I get layed on or she just refuses to give me the foot!

I'm sure she'll go here in the next few weeks. Can't wait for new pics!

Well my farrier is a fairly short guy so my horses don't tend to lay on him as much but she was just being HORRIBLE to him yesterday! Forgot to get pics=P I promise I'll get some soon! I keep telling my friend who's mares are LATE this year that Sweets will foal before hers... haha (no worries when she has babies (expecting 3) I'll make a separate thread and post some more paint baby pics!)

Teenie update, she's more relaxed than I thought! Apparently someone is tensing up and trying to hide how relaxed her hoo-hoo is... still not ready yet but silly goose thinks she can fool me :rolleye0014: