BrianaAtwood

Sweets 2012 Foal Watch

Yup, gotta look when they least expect it! Lol! Spiffy does this to me on a regular basis. I always switch up when I check her udder and whoo hoo. Lol!

I was just amused by the fact that she didn't really look relaxed and loose and then after I brushed her tail it was WAYYYYY more relaxed and loose. haha. Of course I forgot my camera this morning=P I'll try to get a "trying to hide it" and a "relaxed" shot. haha.

Ahhhhh! You was brushing her tail and it probably felt good, like a tail massage. I bet ya that's why she relaxed. That's why I give Spiffy butt massages. Lol!

Oh I massage her butt too! If I don't she backs me against the wall! I have to warn people to watch her because she'll swing her butt at you because she wants scratches and they get scared thinking she's going to kick at them=/

Lol! My nephew wanted to go see Spiffy a few weekends ago, so when my sister came to pick him up we walked down to the barn. He was sooooo scared of her. She started walking up to him and in a matter of seconds he was out the door and in the mud! Lol! He's only 6 so that's actually quite understandable, since he hasn't really been around horses very much. His half sister would crawl all over and under Spiffy, when she was pregnant with her first one, and Spiffy would just keep an eye on her. Love that my mare loves kids! They're her favorite kind of peoples! Lol!

Mine too! She'll be kind of a beezy towards grown ups but kids and run passed and under her and she could care less! When I had her over at my friends house getting bred, her kids just HAD to show me how my horse would let them walk under her belly=P Little do they know that I used to do that all the time with her after I first got her.

I forgot my camera again! (batteries are dead)

How can you tell that your horse is one step closer to foaling? When you brush her tail and accidentally poke her hoo-hoo coz she's that swollen and relaxed =/ Yeah accidentally did this tonight...

and she's randomly baby talking to Bella... I was brushing Bella's mane and tail and she stuck her head over the gate and did the low baby talk knicker she does to foals... (Oh I LOOOVE the Oster Brushes btw!) and then I was brushing her mane and tail and she looked over at Bella and did it again!

She's not ready though, unless she's going to try and pull a fast one on me and not bag up fully before foaling...

Hey guys sorry for the lack of updates. Sweets has now decided to take her time=P Not much change...she still doesn't have a full bag. Silly mare... I think she just wants me to lose as much sleep possible!

Still taking forever to bag up but I thought you'd like to know that my Sweets is being very hormonal. Besides being grouchy mare off and on she's doing her new baby nicker A LOT. She looked at Bella last week when they were stalled up and did it. Yesterday my studly butt was running about being an idiot and doing his manly call to the girls, Sweets responded with her baby nicker=P Silly girl.

I am wishing you good luck and great foaling vibes. Having a foal is such a blessed event and sending my heart felt wishes for a wonderful safe foaling your way.

Awww Thank you, Redneck. She's taking her time=P Her bag is slooooowly getting bigger each day. I promise I'll post some pics in a day or 2. I have some on my phone but unless I put them on Facebook first, it's a pain in the butt sometimes to get them off it (and lets face it, I don't think 99% of my fb friends want to see pregnant mare bits=P).

Everything's ready for her. She's got her foaling stall, straw, increased grain, the foaling bucket is ready and my vet is on speed dial just in case. It's her last foal so I think she wants to torment me and make me wait until I go crazy from waiting=)

Ok so here I was thinking that my Sweets is going over...when really I calculated her foaling date wrong... What can I say working graveyard makes you lose your mind :twitch: Somehow I forgot that she stayed at the studs longer and isn't REALLY due until June 16th.... No WONDER she's just now actually bagging up... Well at least everything is ready for her foal. Here's a few pics I took yesterday...I'll get some bag and booty updates when I go to feed in a few mins.

Sweets making a funny face a little over a week ago=)

sillySweets-1.jpg

Sweets yesterday with Bella...she doesn't look preggers from the side...

Scratch-1.jpg

but from the front is another story (baby is laying sideways so her belly is really huge and flat underneath)

field.jpg

and her's one at the water trough to kind of show how baby is positioned

watertrough.jpg

No baby yet, everything is fine though=)

She's finally started getting the soft jiggly bum (or well it's finally getting jigglier/softer), her hoohoo is finally elongating, relaxing and staying that way and her bag is finally starting to fill in the back instead of just in the front/a little in the teats and she's super veiny all over her hind legs and belly. No wax yet. I'll get some pics soon. Sorry for the lack of updates, just caught up in real life=) I promise there will be pics when baby gets here=)

Maybe we will have babies on the same day! Well, that is if you don't already have a new cuite! My mare is a crap shoot on when she will go.

{{{HFV}}}

Oh eskie she is for sure preggers! I've had her for 14 years and this is her 4th baby all of them with me, I know her well. She hasn't ever *knocks on lots of wood* had any problems yet and until she hits day 370 or starts showing signs of distress, I'm not going to call my vet out.

Plus if you didn't see the previous post, I'm a dummy and miscalculated her due date in the first place! *doh!* She didn't leave the stallions house until mid July (for some reason I kept thinking June=/)

Last night and tonight she's loose enough that her hoohoo is gaping. She has "sticky" secretions on the nipples but no wax. She's the type of mare that never truly dries up after weaning and she usually only waxes a little before foaling. I think she's trying to hold it in for an independence day baby=P

here's some pics from last nights check.

First a few pics of her vein on her inner thigh and belly:

Sweetsday342003-1.jpg

Sweetsday342004-1.jpg

Her teats, her udder finally started filling in back, it's hard to see here but I can feel it.

Sweetsday342001-1.jpg

and her gapey hoohoo:

Sweetsday342006-1.jpg

Still no baby but momma is miserable today and all she wanted after her grain was for me to rub her belly/back/butt and if I stopped she'd come over to me and stop and wait expectantly.

She still has the sticky secretion on her right teat that returns after I wipe it off and her hoo hoo is about the same as the pic. I really do think she's holding out for an Independence Day baby.

Just a quick update as I have to run to Portland this afternoon. There was a glob of sticky on each teat this morning, not crystalized but super sticky. She was kicking her belly a lot when I gave her the morning grain (she's fed in the barn so it's not flies!!!) and swishing her tail lots. I have my friend on 19 years swinging by to check on her while I'm in Portland, sooo hopefully within the week we have the pitter patter of tiny hooves.

Yay! She is progressing better than Misty. Maybe you will have a baby when you get home! Can't wait for pictures of the little one.

Still no baby but momma is increasingly miserable. She still has sticky drops on each teat and has been rubbing her bum. I was just joking when I said she was waiting for the 4th but now I think it may be true!