BrianaAtwood

Sweets 2012 Foal Watch

Still no baby! This is sooo unlike her. She hasn't ever gone more than a week over. The only thing that I can think of is that I usually have my horses foaling Jan-April and we'll since there's been grass, I've been letting the girls on it every now and then for a few hours since about April... this was before I learned that we have fescue grass mixed in=/

Now onto the good news, she had wax on both teats this am and is super loose in her hoohoo, her whole butt is relaxed and even the lower part of her back is relaxed. She's also getting red inside, not deep red yet but def. not pink. The baby has also gone from being able to be felt from both sides to only being able to be felt from the right side. I'm attempting to upload pics (my computer hates syncing to my phone). I'm giving her until the 19th before I call my vet out.

Finally got the phone to sync! I should also note that after I took the pic, I wiped the drops away on each teat (both were super sticky) and after a few mins, she was starting to get them again=)

Boobies:

Sweets360001-1.jpg

Hoohoo:

Sweets360011-1.jpg

Sweets360003-1.jpg

I can spare our plunger. Misty isn't ready to go yet anyways lol.

Hoping to see pics of this little one soon!

You know it takes longer to bake the markings on. Hope to see a colored baby real soon!! Thanx for the update!!! (((((((HFV)))))))

No problem, I'm growing more nervous as each day inches closer to "call the vet day". Still no baby... She's still loose in the hoohoo but her udder looks smaller=/ (that's another thing usually she has a nice full udder by now...) She still seem uncomfortable but not stressed or in any distress. Maybe she's shooting for a Friday the 13th baby? I could have sworn she'd foal the week of the 4th because I was out of town 4 nights that week, over an hour away each night!

Mares!! :rolleye0014: Here's for a lucky Friday the 13th baby!!! (((((((HFV))))))))

Still no baby. She has 5 more days before I call the vet. I really do think she got some fescue grass I was reading up on it and along with prolonged gestation it can cause them to not fully bag too=/ her udder looks a little fuller today and feels a little fuller too. She had sticky stuff on one teat again and her udder also felt warm. She was doing a lot of tail swishing and belly kicking in her stall along with belly glancing. *fingers crossed* that she foals before the vet comes and all I need is the vet telling me that both momma and foal are fine=)

No baby... she still looks about the same, udder looks slightly bigger. If it weren't for the fact that she's loose and does have at least somewhat of an udder with sticky on the teats off and on, I'd say she was just fat. I'm actually going to call and talk to the vet on weds instead of thurs so we can schedule him to hopefully come out thurs.

Still no baby! I'm calling my vet tomorrow and hopefully everything is alright! I'll let you know when the vet is coming out and what the verdict is=)

Dr. Alexander is coming out to look at her tomorrow around 11:30ish am. I say "ish" because only 2 Dr's work at his office and if an emergency happens well it could be midnight before I see him. So tomorrow I will know what's going on, if she is or isn't and why she has a bag with milk and wax if she's not. I'm just crossing my fingers that everything is ok. I'll update everyone as soon as I know.

Vet was just out. She's not pregnant, just fat. She's always been one of those mares that never truly dries up but she usually never gets a small bag with it, apparently this year she is just going for weird. We won't rebreed this year.

So sorry you won't be having a foal this year. :(:huggy: At least she's just fat, and not something else, as Sayge said.

Sorry to hear there wont be a foal. I know exactly how it feels, the same thing happened with my mare Cheyenne. It's disappointing, especially after anticipating it for so long, but at the same time it is a relief to know that, other than having a fat mare, everything is ok and you can stop worrying about all the things that could be wrong. Better luck to you and Sweets next time if you try again in the future.

We are going to try again next spring (I prefer having babies born Jan-April anyway). Dr. Alexander said that everything inside felt normal, her uterus, ovaries, etc. Yes she'll be preg/twin checked after we try again