mtn_penny

Do You Name Your Vehicles?

In my lifetime we have named a few not all but some.

The Hulk was a big green 4x4 extened cab with a winch on the front.

Thumper was a greyish little car great on milage

The Voo doo is my mom's car

And my current truck is Hedwig.

What are/ were some of yours?

~Current~

Mamba- my moms black jeep

Hi Ho- my moms silver dodge

Steed- dads ford truck

~Past~

Ralph- a buick we owned

Lightning- white dodge diplomat

Hazel- ford contour

Chili- Volvo (my first car)

There are many many more I just can't think of them all. I have not named my Dodge yet. I just don't know what to call it. We have always named our vehicles though.

I had a 1974 Chevy Nova that was dubbed The Green Monster, it was actually Teal.

The 1982 Pontiac 6000 was BPOS (Brown Piece of you know).

The 1992 Geo Metro 4 door Hatchback was the Smurf Mobile or the Pissed off Weedeater.

And my current ride is a 1988 Dodge Dakota that I loveingly call Gracie, she's grey and I know a lot of people with grey trucks that just call them 'Grey'.

My dad has an older Chevy ElCamino that I call the Speed Demon and his main vehicle is a Mazda pickup that he's modified, I call that one the Green Turd. Horrible thing with no get-up.

Mom's car, which got hit this morning on her way to work, is a Chrysler Pacifica I call the Silver Bullet. She drives that thing like a Crazy Lady!

Edited by SpiffyGrl

I have never been one to name my vehicles. My vehicles have all been name deprived. Poor things!

I do have a name for the lady who talks to me through the microsoft sync. Her name is Jane. :happy0203:

My current vehicle is the only one I have ever named. It's a 2008 White Diamond Tahoe and since I live on a dirt road and loathe going to the car wash, she's called the Dirty Hoe.

My current vehicle is the only one I have ever named. It's a 2008 White Diamond Tahoe and since I live on a dirt road and loathe going to the car wash, she's called the Dirty Hoe.

:rotf: :rotf:

Oh heavens! That's hilarious! :rotf::rotf::rotf:

My firts truck was a 64 ford P/U. His name was Edgar.

My sister's first car was a 65 mustang. Shasta, 'cause she hasta have gas and she hasta have oil.

Now I have a 2003 2500 Dodge. It is The Beast.

I name everything even if it is just a generic bonehead type name.

I drive a 4X4 1997 Ford Ranger. It has a bunch of dents on the body, one rear fender flare is missing, and the roof has been crushed in and popped back out. All this came from being flipped over from the woman that owned the truck before me. Despite this, the Ranger still runs perfectly and has never given me any issues. And that is why I have dubbed it as "The Beast"

I drive a 4X4 1997 Ford Ranger. It has a bunch of dents on the body, one rear fender flare is missing, and the roof has been crushed in and popped back out. All this came from being flipped over from the woman that owned the truck before me. Despite this, the Ranger still runs perfectly and has never given me any issues. And that is why I have dubbed it as "The Beast"

Haha! Our dodge is The Beast because......well because it is a Beast. Go anywhere, pull anything you hook it too. Growly and uber strong, always dirty, etc.

The truck- my first ride, a 1970 Ford. I'm pretty creative I know.

My fleeting love affair with a 2wd Chevy flatbed was The Turd, because of it's horrific color (but it could out-mud ANYONE), but I got rid of it pretty fast.

A Ford hatchback mustang was named Valdez...after the Exxon Valdez oil spill. It was fitting. (Gone, but not forgotten)

Bronco - Blackie. She was a good pardner :) (gone, but not forgotten)

1989 one ton dually Ford - Big Bear (gone, but not forgotten)

My husband's Trans Am is BATA. Can you figure that one out?

And my current pickup, a heavy half ton is just the Heavy Chevy

Don't think I've ever named one but have called them names that I don't think I can say on here. :winking:

I forgot my husband did name his car. This is The Beast. It's an SL600 V12 hardtop convertible. What else do you name a car like that?

358851419.jpg

My vehicles always get names, but they usually aren't too original. My husbands grey Silverado is "Big Grey" I used to have a Jeep Laredo "Mr. Jeepers" then a Chevy Tracker "Baby Truck" now I have a Chevy Trailblazer = "Beezer". Pretty ho hum!

My '95 Crown Vic was The Blue Beast. She now has a white door, a green door, and crinkles all over, but she is still going strong!!

My '94 Jeep Cherokee is "Beef Jerky" or the Noble Jeepie. I just had the engine replaced at 340,000 m. Not that it was dead, but my dad felt more comfortable with a new-er engine in it.

I will cry buckets when the Jeep goes. I'm sort of hoping it will just keep going, like the energizer bunny.

I call my smart car the pony express cuz it has running horses going down the side of it and my nissan juke is called the space ship becuz of its looks i guess some of my friends call it the Stud muffin,,, and i really dont know about that one... :shocked:

My car is a 97 Chevy Cavalier. I'm her 3rd college student so she doesn't run well or look good but she's gotten my through 3 years of college. Her name is Eleanore. I used to call her the female dog name because she's a hunk of junk but one day I was driving on very bad roads and she never slid once and I named her on the way home and told her if she got me home safe I'd take care of her, if she didn't I'd sell her the next day. We made it home safe and sound lol.

My moms jeep is Jeepy, her Buick car is The Boat.

My boyfriends King Ranch is either The King or Big Blue.

His old black Ranger is named Black Betty.

Dad had a new (2010) chevy silverado that go hit by everything. We called it the Blue Bullseye. He traded it in and got a new Chevy Silverado and it doesnt have a name yet.

I name EVERYTHING!

Behold:

Lola

344_30387373479_500218479_882476_9810_n.jpg

Cindy

403131_10150534115483480_500218479_8816411_193427653_n.jpg

Judy

71563_449910208479_500218479_5214659_7594522_n.jpg

Hopalong

226253_15335173479_500218479_517074_3189_n.jpg

And last but certainly not least

Rachel!

250086_2067251247499_1431346635_32370455_7375308_n.jpg

I only currently own Cindy, Rachel, and Hopalong. I hate Cindy and wish Lola was still around. Judy and Rachel both get the same mileage, so I'm happy I upgraded to Rachel :)

Blanche the Avalanche, Chevy Avalanche

King, a Harley Davidson RoadKing

78, yes the 'name' is a number, Silver Anniversary Corvette (1978)

No online pics of Blanche or King, here is 78:

081.jpg

Edited by Heidi n Q

'98 Ford pick up, Green Machine.

Friends jeep. Betsy.

Other friends CV. Victoria.

When I get my car it will have a name that suits it too :)

It all started with "Jimmy" a 67 GMC stepside, my first truck. He had a 3 speed tranny on the floor. Drop that ugly thing down into granny gear

and it would darn near climb a tree.:crazy:

82 dodge 3/4 ton, called it Hammer.

Taz was a 92 4x4 chevy S-10......LOVED that little guy!

Herman {munster truck} because he was green....98 Dodge 4x4......I still miss this truck!

The Chevy I drive now has no name. Because I have never really like it all that much.:confused0024:

99 4x4...silver....

That is it for me! We will be car shopping this fall tho so......:happy0203:

2004 F250 diesel.... this was Clifford... we sold "him"

320279_2384129614197_1579440070_3899480_1704007396_n.jpg

for this truck... 2008 GMC 3500 diesel... which still remains nameless.. it hasn't come to me yet.

406450_3030283167632_1579440070_4145144_868647818_n.jpg

We don't really have names for our trucks, but since they're all blue Chevy's, there's the 96, the HD, the LT, and the new one.

My sister always named her cars, though, and they always started with B. I remember Bryce and Bertha... I know she's named her new cars but keeps it to herself so her hubby doesn't make fun of her for it