Sign in to follow this  
desputedwestern

Lady's Foal Watch

Well I have had a lot of foal watches on this board in the last few years, but I think I am most excited for this one. This foal has been a long time coming. I have wanted to breed her for years. It just never worked out, but last year I decided it was now or never. She's not getting any younger. I have had Lady since 2004. She turned 17 this year. This is her first foal with me, but this is by no means her first foal. She had 5 before I owned her. She is due any day now, and is 326 days today.

Lady a few years ago lunging.

gallery_38342_1856_35147.jpg

Lady about a week ago:

gallery_38342_1856_341658.jpg

She is of course in foal to Royal

gallery_38342_1856_10382.jpg

Edited by desputedwestern

Very pretty mare. The baby will be stunning!!!!! (((((((((HFV))))))))

Thank you! I'm hoping for a chestnut filly but as long as mom and baby are healthy I will be happy. She was carrying the baby really low this morning. And running and bucking like a fool. You wouldn't know she was in foal except for her very large belly!!!!

Congrats!!! BTW, LOVE (!!!) your mare! I tend to not like 'color' as much as the plain bays, sorrels, chestnuts and blacks. Your mare is just beautiful! Ummm... yeah, I'm jealous! :happy0203:

Thank you everyone. It's been a crazy couple of Days. 2 down and 2 to go! My business partner also got kicked on tuesday, and broke his arm in 5 places. (OUCH!!!!) he is ok now but it meant that I was doing the work of two and still working both my other jobs, so I haven't have much time to update. She is doing well, Blood test came back great! Mom and baby are doing great. A few more photos

Cute little face

Mom and Baby

She is too cute and not a stitch of white on her!

Hope your business partner heals up quickly!

Glad that Mom and Baby are doing well. Prayers for your business partner to have a quick and complete recovery.

Thanks all. He is home now, I picked him up today. He is doing well all things considered. The biggest problem I am going to have is stoping him from doing more than he should. I know he feels bad that he can't help me, but better he heel and get back to normal.

Well my little filly made the AQHA Journal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: She's in the Barn Babies section, page 113 top right corner. I'm trying to get a digital copy so I can post it but no luck so far.