Sign in to follow this  
JGL_QH

Horse Growth Time Line With Pics

I always think it?s cool to see how horses change over time. Especially when you buy that awkward looking yearling, and hope and pray they will turn out to be something you can be proud of.

Well this is Tipper. I bought him back in 2009 as a long yearling and my first horse and training project. He is an Appendix QH (1/4 TB) of no particular breeding but he has made the starts of one heck of a gaming horse and is my best bud. Which is just what I wanted.

The last 2 pictures are of his parents.

If anyone else has a time line of their foal growing up, post it! I am sure I am not the only one how would love to see.

Sales ad pic as a weanling? Maybe just coming a yearling?

FirstPicofTip.jpg

Long Yearling

Tip3.jpg

2 Year Old

tip081-1.jpg

3 Year Old

IMG_5578.jpg

Here's the change in one of mine just from his 3 to 4 year old years.

His sale photo as a 3-year-old

5090_578741440689_33804414_33905255_5748898_n.jpg

When I first got him as a 3-year-old.

5610_580853138829_33805425_34014768_7431370_n.jpg

That fall

12940_593625323269_33805425_34521108_6906472_n.jpg

His sale photo when I sold him as a 4-year-old

31062_613632279169_33805425_35138513_2924266_n.jpg

Here is my mare that I got as a long 2yo. I was there a few days after she was born though. I rode her Dam while she was pregnant with her and she is turning out to be a wonderful little horse. If I can lose the weight I need to I'll be a perfect fit on her and she will eventually be my daughter's horse when she gets older.

This is Chant's Paintd Fantasy aka Fantasy aka Fanta...

About a week old or so

giddyup.jpg

With her Dam

hi.jpg

yearling head shot, not that good

sleepy.jpg

2yo awkward body shot

yummy.jpg

2yo beautiful head shot

hey.jpg

2 1/2yo first time saddled

102_0737.jpg

And now as a 3yo turning 4 in July who has only been backed twice since she is very slow growing.

104_1004.jpg

I don't know what my plans are officially for her. But when she is loose running in the field she has a great little hunter build, but I'm obviously a barrel racer. I've ridden English but it isn't my fave. But if that is what she excels in I will be taking lessons. She should be a great trail horse no matter what as I like to let any horse have a life outside and to explore. I figure by the time she is fully trained she will be the perfect horse for my 2.5yo daughter. Both will have to prove themselves though. But the 2 times I've been on Fantasy she is supple and willing and very steady and we've been doing slow easy ground up starting and she has taken to it like it was nothing and wants more. So I'm hopeful for her.

I also have a mini mare that I bought at 18 days old. We brought her home at 4 months and have been infatuated ever since. She is already my daughters favorite horse but she is def MINE! Before we brought her home I went to the breeders at least once a week if not more to play and help work with her so I have plenty of pics of her too. She is the same age, she just turned 4 in April.

Her name is Baydream Fire Diamond Juno aka JuneBug

Here she is at 17 days old our first meeting

100_1622.jpg

Same day

100_1618-1.jpg

A couple months old

100_1747.jpg

3 months old

100_1864.jpg

4 Months old when we brought her home

100_2199.jpg

Her first winter so roughly 7 months

100_2493-1.jpg

I'll be doing more in the next post

JuneBug's long yearling summer

100_2492-1.jpg

2yo summer

100_2275.jpg

And now as a 4yo with my toddler on her. I swear mini's are born broke!

102_0736.jpg

She has been on our farm since she was 4 months old and she will be with me til the day she is layed to rest. Even if I have to claim her as a Great Dane! After I lost my big Bay gelding I barrel raced on she is is the closest thing to him I have ever found. She was even born the day after him only 33 years later. Ed was still alive and well when she was born and he was finally put down 2 years later and I still can't get over the loss of him. But she helps in so many ways. I owned her mom for a brief period but she didn't work out for what I wanted so I sold her back to the breeder.

Sorry for the huge photo bomb on my two girls but they are my forever horses since becoming an adult and I can't imagine not having them.