Sign in to follow this  
redneckcowgirlmn

Red's Road Trip To Ca To Fetch The Kid Thread.

My oldest son, who is 18, Graduates from High School on June 9th. He has lived with his Dad most of his life, & it was a horrible, long, drawn out, hateful Custody battle. After 5 years, I finally gave up the fight & signed him over so his step mother could legally adopt him. Long story short, 2 years ago he contacted me & wanted to come up here to MN for a visit. He had a great time, hubby enjoyed him, his little brothers loved spending time with him, etc. He came back out last summer, & I took him with on the HC camp out. He decided then, that after he graduated, he wanted to move up here & live with me for a year, then go into the Military. He said we spent too much time apart, we need to spend some quality time together, before he heads off to the Grownup World. I'm ecstatic! (I am also sad at the same time, because the kid is legally blind, & I am not sure if the Military will even take him, but that's another worry, that we'll worry about when it gets here. There is a recruiting station in the nearest town, we can go talk to them while we talk to the DMV & see if we can get him a "Farm License" so he can at least drive & run errands during daylight hours.)

198801_10150393484145620_572140619_10466628_6821703_n.jpg

So.

I am planning on leaving MN on June 5th, Bright & early. If I am out of here by 6 am, that will put me in Mt Rushmore area off I-90 by dark. Then back roads to Rawlins, Wy, jump on to I-80.

Should hit Salt Lake area Wednesday night, unless the boys want to fart around in SD at all.

(Planning on hanging out with Eskie that night & part of the next day, if she skips work, lol!)

Then from there to Ca will be along I-80. I know there's not a lot from Salt Lake to Reno, but maybe there's someone along the way?

On Arrival, I will be East of Auburn, Ca, at Mommy Dearest's house. Either Thursday night late, or Mid Friday, depending if I can find something to do so I can drive the yucky part at night so I don't have to look at it. (I have driven that road WAY too many times, & I really dislike it, lol!) Staying there till Monday, then heading back, detouring through Yellowstone, then taking the Northern Route on I-94 through Montana & ND to Fargo, then back down to home.

I am bringing my truck with the slide in camper, the 8 yr old, the 13 yr old, my pug & mutt. (So, Eskie, you don't have to kick anyone out of their bed, I'm good, & I have a tent for the boys for when they start buggin' me!)

So, who all is along the way, or in the El Dorado Placer county areas in Ca that may be up to meeting? :happy0203:

Don't worry, I have to somewhat behave, so no tequila nights while "on The Road", lol!

Me me me me me me! :jump:

I have to work Friday, but let me know when you're free and we can get together. I love that area, so maybe I can come up there.

What's the bad part -- from Utah to Auburn?

Kina, from West of Salt Lake, till you hit approx Sparks, Nevada. The whole Salt Lake Flats is well, flat, white, & hot. Then I think pretty much the whole state of Nevada other than the Western edge, backside of the Sierras is monotony... sage bush, rock, rabbit, up a hill, down a hill, sage bush, rock, rabbit.... Ya know? The most interesting part of that drive is along the sides of the highway, the "Rock Graffiti", where someone broke down & wrote their names with rocks. & that's about it. Maybe this trip, if we HAVE to do it in day light, we'll stop & take pics of them all, lol!)

As for that weekend, after the Graduation Ceremony is over, the kid & his dad are going camping 1 last time, so I'm open. Grandma can play with the other 2 boys, I can snag her car & meet ya some where?

Red, you need to take a slight detour when you are heading to/from so you can go thru the south-eastern portion of Oregon ...

Just sayin' ...

OK, looking at the map ... the closest you will be to me is Winnemucca, Nevada, about 3 1/2 hours away.

*sigh*

I wish we could meet up but I don't think my schedule will allow me a day trip, dang it!

Andi, I KNOW the boys would absolutely shoot me if they knew we had a chance to come see you & I chose not to! Detour route comin'! If ya get a minute, can you pm an address to me here or on FB, so I can find the best way? Looking at the map, I could shoot up 395 out of Susanville? (We'll be purchasing a signed copy of your book too, please, if you happen to have one layin' around, ok?)

I'm just off of I-90 about 6 miles off the Okaton exit of SD....if you are needing a breather...!!

You just want Red and her kids to finish all your fencing... :rotf:

yahoo.gif

I get to meet Red!!!

PM's sent, of course and the address is irrelevant -- GPS and most map sites can't find me. LOL! But when you get close and call me, I can meet you in town and then you can follow me to the house!

Love BB meets!!!

I wanted to add I'm tickled you will have time for a little visiting and site-seeing! Jake is at Ron's house and no visit to me is complete without seeing Jake! LOL!

I'm just off of I-90 about 6 miles off the Okaton exit of SD....if you are needing a breather...!!

Serah, is that East or West of Wall? (& heck, we can torture offspring & make them do MAN-u-al labor, just to tick off Wolfie, lol! AND take pics of them doing it!) :rotf:

So, Tuesday evening camping in your yard ok with you?

ANDI!!!! LMAO, cat'soutta the bag already, your post made me have a "Moment" when you mentioned Jake.... both offspring hit my shoulders trying to read over them, saw your post,now THEY are having"moments", lol!

Night, I average 12 hours driving, 12 hours off, when I do the trip by myself... if we leave home that Tuesday morning, & get to my Mom's by Saturday morning in time to clean up & make the kid's Graduation Ceremony, I'm doing good. Don't HAVE to be home till the 4th of July if I get side tracked, lol! But we should be home by Father's Day. In Theory. :crazy: IF I haven't eaten the babies by then. :ph34r:

Woot woot woot!!! I am usually off on Wednesdays, but I can switch my day and take Thursday off instead.. and we will hafta get Utah over that day too!!

Gonna be awesome!!!

Edited to add... and my 13 year old will be ECSTATIC that you are bringing your 13 year old!

Edited by Eskielvr

Well, I'm excited! Y'all can meet Ron's ponies too! I get to ride Stony when helping with cattle on the mountain or something:

536315_3197288731672_1249600137_32311448_1144044772_n.jpg

And I might ride Cotton in the cutting this year (this is Ron and Cotton at a branding):

532795_3711808720077_1421424231_33444595_2047716472_n.jpg

I think you might be the first from HC to meet Ron, other than those who live here and already know him! LOL

Eskie, that'll work, then I can leave at Arsecrack of Dawn Friday morning & make it to Mom's in time for a late night "Mom Cooked Breakfast-Supper"! :happy0203: Fried Eggs,over easy, Grits, & bacon, all crumbled up & sopped up with sourdough toast!

Heck, if I could bring the horses with, I just might have to have stayed gone! :twitch:

Andi, that'd be really cool too! I'm getting excited as well, & there's just over 3 weeks to get ready!

(But, dumb question,how come all those black momma cows have little cream colored babies? ) :unsure:

east of Wall about an hr. Just west of Murdo about 20 mins.

Fencing is pretty much done, no thanks to Wolfy....lol.

Andi, that'd be really cool too! I'm getting excited as well, & there's just over 3 weeks to get ready!

(But, dumb question,how come all those black momma cows have little cream colored babies? ) :unsure:

Charolais crossed with Angus = cream colored calves quite often! happy0203.gif

There *is* one board member here who has met Ron -- Colored Cow Horse! We met up in Winnemucca! I don't think she's overly active here much any more, is she?

Anyway, yeah, it will be way cool! You should get into Burns early enough to go over to meet Jake at Ron's well before dark! Heck, maybe you will be in town early enough to hit the wild horse corrals -- I can meet you there on your way before you get to Burns! It's on Hwy 20 after 395 hits it and before Burns. They close at 3, so we need to be there by 2-ish, really, to see the ponies.

I of course live in Fargo! Stop by on the way through. I would love to meet up with you.

Edited by sddeadeye

Eskie, that'll work, then I can leave at Arsecrack of Dawn Friday morning & make it to Mom's in time for a late night "Mom Cooked Breakfast-Supper"! :happy0203: Fried Eggs,over easy, Grits, & bacon, all crumbled up & sopped up with sourdough toast!

Heck, if I could bring the horses with, I just might have to have stayed gone! :twitch:

And just maybe we can get my DH to do us up some of his fabulous Margaritas!!

east of Wall about an hr. Just west of Murdo about 20 mins.

Fencing is pretty much done, no thanks to Wolfy....lol.

LMAO! Ok, when ya get a minute, pm me a phone #, & I'll call ya when we cross into SD!

Charolais crossed with Angus = cream colored calves quite often! happy0203.gif

There *is* one board member here who has met Ron -- Colored Cow Horse! We met up in Winnemucca! I don't think she's overly active here much any more, is she?

Anyway, yeah, it will be way cool! You should get into Burns early enough to go over to meet Jake at Ron's well before dark! Heck, maybe you will be in town early enough to hit the wild horse corrals -- I can meet you there on your way before you get to Burns! It's on Hwy 20 after 395 hits it and before Burns. They close at 3, so we need to be there by 2-ish, really, to see the ponies.

GIRL BONER!!! :wub:

I of course live in Fargo! Stop by on the way through. I would love to meet up with you.

Will Do! Send me contact info!!!

And just maybe we can get my DH to do us up some of his fabulous Margaritas!!

You just HAVE to throw that in there, right? Twist my dang arm, whydontcha!

I think you need to go to Cali via Indiana... I'm in the NE corner, it's RIGHT on your way... :rotf:

Aww, Journey, I would LOVE to!!! (Now, just figure out how to get the NE corner of Indiana to be somewhere in Idaho.... hey, that both start with *I*,right?

As for that weekend, after the Graduation Ceremony is over, the kid & his dad are going camping 1 last time, so I'm open. Grandma can play with the other 2 boys, I can snag her car & meet ya some where?

Very cool -- I'll plan to be available late Saturday and anytime Sunday, then. Think about what you'd like to see and do.

Looking at the map, I could shoot up 395 out of Susanville? (We'll be purchasing a signed copy of your book too, please, if you happen to have one layin' around, ok?)

Aw! Say, have either of you done that drive to Susanville and up or down 395?

Don't HAVE to be home till the 4th of July if I get side tracked, lol! But we should be home by Father's Day. In Theory. :crazy: IF I haven't eaten the babies by then. :ph34r:

Hee hee!

Aw MAN! If I lived where I SHOULD be living, Rawlins is just a hop and a skip away! Oh well, maybe just maybe I can take a little daytrip up North and meet you AND Kina!

LOL,Laramie! Kina's in Ca! But I'd like to meet you! :happy0203:

(LOL, this is going to be a FUN trip! You guys know me, SOMETHING ALWAYS happens, that usually sucks for me, but entertains you guys, right? I think I am almost as excited to see you guys as I am to get my oldest baby boy home!) :yahoo: