Sign in to follow this  
redneckcowgirlmn

Red's Road Trip To Ca To Fetch The Kid Thread.

:questionicon: Wonder if Red tried to be a bear whisperer & got eaten while visiting Jellystone.

Nope... LOL. They should be about to Medora N.D at this time. Last text I got said she was 4 hours away from there... and that was 4 hours ago... LOL.

I wish I was out in Medora with her! I love that place and really miss living out there. In any case, that means I should be getting to meet up with her soon. :smilie:

I'm getting failure notices on all the txts red sends me! I guess she's trying to keep us posted with txts but my phone is being a little LAME! At least this thread is good!

Well crud. I missed her. I had an orientation for school yesterday and had my phone turned on silent. For some reason I had forgotten to turn the ringer back on and missed her text. :bang_head:

4,233.3 miles, & we made it HOME!!! Had to have Hubby meet us in St. Cloud to buy another trailer tire, as the spare & the Step Dad's Borrowed Spare are both bald. (Left my OTHER bald one in Ca in case he had a flat on his boat trailer today, he was taking his daughter & grandkids fishing... now that he is related to ME, if I would have not left it there, he would have had a flat!) Hubby is off with his son playing disc golf... so, I have time to take a shower (done!) do a critter head count, (Done... all accounted for... other than a minor scare with my VERY pregnant goat missing.... found her up behind hubby's shop with a horse feed bag stuck on her head! O_o ) I am now covered in cat hair of course, AFTERmy shower. Apparently my kittehs missed me a little!

ANYWAY, Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH, Andi, for your hospitality! I felt like I was in a family member's home! (Sorry about not putting the dishes in the dishwasher, I wasn't sure if you ran it yet or not... the thingie was on the counter still!) We left about 9 pm your time, & drove till 4 am, slept in a rest area in Idaho somewhere. Almost had to beat the babies when they wanted to load Jake, Snickers & Skipper in with Vinnie's crap, lol! (SRSLY, if you collect Skipper, PUHLEASE let me know! I'll make hubby pay cash, lmao!) Give me a few days to gather my pea brain, & I can have Kelly there in 40-ish hours. Sans babies!

SNICKERS!!!! (Yea, with my cheap camera, & her "HI PEOPLE!!! PET ME!!" disposition, out of 27 clicks, this was the clearest shot!)

182508_10151206247445620_873044580_n.jpg

392459_10151206249130620_658090525_n.jpg

Really amazing Hot Spring!

182883_10151206256355620_1169464866_n.jpg

Some dumbarse (NOT ME THIS TIME!!!) got a tour bus stuck in the ditch, trying to make a hard left turn...

484234_10151206271270620_1321444606_n.jpg

Tristy, 8 feet from a Raven

522758_10151206276790620_202589421_n.jpg

"Fluffabow," 10 feet off the road.

547339_10151206281375620_30938771_n.jpg

And... so, while I was attempting to level the truck for our Yellowstone Camp out, & placing blocks under tires, I noticed that... APPARENTLY, the kids left the front camper window open. But not the truck slider window. Someone wanted... out.

185061_10151206281845620_993539802_n.jpg

(Opened the truck door, slid the window open & rescued her, lol!)

Yellowstone Grand Canyon

599811_10151206311125620_1973199264_n.jpg

(More pics coming)

WARNING, Next pic is graphic! Scroll down past it!!

Apparently, SOMEONE was not obeying the 45 mph speed limit in the park, judging by the 1/2 mile spread of fur on this poor Pronghorn Antelope doe.

550597_10151206339135620_538164658_n.jpg

The REASON I am posting, is because the boys & I were really saddened by her mate, standing on the side of the road waiting for her.

285678_10151206342000620_1820973408_n.jpg

We spent Thursday night in the Norris Campground... & only managed to get reprimanded once. (Apparently the signs at the entrances saying all vehicles MUST remain on the blacktop at all times includes AT the camp grounds.... I had almost jack-knifed the truck & trailer to fit them in the only spot left, but managed to find an almost level spot.... campground host busted us as I was cooking supper for the boys, & said we had to either drop the trailer down at the entrance, or figure out how to fit IN the "spot". I had the front right tire of my truck, on 3 -2X4 planks, balanced & less than half a bubble off plumb.... if I pulled Ol' Silver straight in, I still would have had to deal with the washout, going downhill on the passenger side, up against the "stump" parking curb. That was 3 feet away, & a good 10 inches deep. O_o

He said we could not use the landscape rocks to fill the hole, so, y'all know me, I "fixed" it. Hopefully, they don't call Hubby's store to Snivel, since that's the phone number I left.

Friday night, every SINGLE campground we could find had the "FULL" sign posted at the entry. So, we had to leave the park, & drive below the snow line, to find an open camp. (53 miles)

Found a nice spot, semi level, & backed the whole rig in. Got out of the truck, to find THIS in the lot!

551706_10151206351610620_1348008552_n.jpg

She was seriously 10 feet from the fire pit, not a bit afraid of us, & actually sniffed my headlights when I turned them on. I'm guessing she's a yearling doe, no Life Experience yet. Or else, shoulda been a blonde, lol!

Relaxed enough to pee. (I swear, what IS it with me & my ability to catch critters peeing? I have a whole album of random urinating critters!)

389741_10151206354505620_22541740_n.jpg

One of the last pics we took, just East of Yellowstone yesterday, before we got serious about getting home. We really liked this scenery, because it was "Christmas-y", with the green & red.

543231_10151206362460620_920183072_n.jpg

One last pic of "Goldie", waiting for "Dad" to bring us the new tire in St Cloud. Tried to edit the pic so y'all could see her blue-green eyes... (fail). but she is looking less like a lab. Her ears are starting to point sideways, right on schedule for a GSD X, heading UP. (Weird thing, you can see the Rott... the rust point markings are all there, where they should be. We just need to figure out why the REST of her coat is an off white color........)

599817_10151206363825620_578154419_n.jpg

Okay. Bedtime!!! Be back in a day or 3!

Kina, So am I! I was very bummed to not get a reply on what time you wanted to meet! (On the plus side? Mommy Dearest got a bit Tipsy & coughed up a few family heirlooms., 3-100+ yr old Gold pocket watches, a silver watch, all 3 of Grandma's gold/diamond wrist watches, Great Grandma's hand stitched quilt, my set of 6 framed pencil drawings of horses I did way back inthe 6th grade, along with the "Mysteriously Re-appearing, hasn't been found in 30 years", pencil drawing I did of my first dog ever, "Wrecks", the GSD from the junk yard that Grandma got for me for my 4th b day. (I wrote his story my senior year of hs & it was published in the school magazine that Mom gave me a copy of 10 years ago, but nobody knew where the drawing was when the story was printed!) I PROMISE to scan some of these for you guys, lol!

So glad you all made it home safe and sound. I didn't post, but read the entire thread about your adventures and all the board buddies you got to meet. Excellent pics along the way, as well. I wish one day I could take a vacation like that. I really want to see Yellowstone before I get too much older. Sounds like you all had a great time (except for trailer tire and alternator problems).

Kina, So am I! I was very bummed to not get a reply on what time you wanted to meet! (On the plus side? Mommy Dearest got a bit Tipsy & coughed up a few family heirlooms., 3-100+ yr old Gold pocket watches, a silver watch, all 3 of Grandma's gold/diamond wrist watches, Great Grandma's hand stitched quilt, my set of 6 framed pencil drawings of horses I did way back inthe 6th grade, along with the "Mysteriously Re-appearing, hasn't been found in 30 years", pencil drawing I did of my first dog ever, "Wrecks", the GSD from the junk yard that Grandma got for me for my 4th b day. (I wrote his story my senior year of hs & it was published in the school magazine that Mom gave me a copy of 10 years ago, but nobody knew where the drawing was when the story was printed!) I PROMISE to scan some of these for you guys, lol!

Aw, lovely! On the other plus side, you helped me with something even though we couldn't get together. :huggy:

ETA: Wanted to make sure I made it clear how sorry I am that we couldn't meet.

Edited by Kina Kat

Great that you made it home & were close enough to save the day. So what did hubby say about the stray? Did you tell him that the pup was in the middle of the road & wouldn't move so you had no choice but to put it in the truck.

So glad you were able to do this trip with the boys. It will be one that they & you will remember for a life time.

Nope, told him the truth, Grandma got her for Tristy. He was a little more upset that he had forgotten about me asking to borrow one of his credit cards in case we ran out of cash, & got a call from Chase Visa Fraud Department, asking him if he was buying gas in Idaho, LMAO!!! (Hey, HE handed the dang card to me before I left!!!) :surrender:

So, Goldie is accepted, she's an outside dog, & after spending a week in the camper, is not convinced that that's where she should be. (She's got QUITE the howl/yodel on her!)

While we were gone, Hubby replaced the front screen/storm door with one that has a dog door in it, so we don't have to get up at 11 & 3 am to let his senile Boxer out to pee. Funny part, Goldie already figured it out, before the pug & Jack did!

Vet appointment for her tomorrow, we'll see what Doc Joel thinks of our fake lab, lol!

Vinnie & Jesse are out torturing ponies in between T storms today, Tristy is stuck to the TV, & I am being lazy & NOT driving anywhere today.

Someone needs to mow the lawn though.... or we need to cut & bale it! Apparently it rained a little while we were gone! :crazy:

Kina... I helped you? How?

Great now the hound has someone to help him sing. When the boys get done with your yard can you send them my way PLEASE????

Also may be time to put up two good high cable run lines for the hound & pup out in the back behind the shop.

Yea.... cable lines... Copper already killed the two I HAD back there!! :blink: Well, she's only 8 weeks old, we have some time to FIND the yard before she's big enough to think about going anywhere. I know Jack is happy to be home, he's "hovering" around the house!