Sign in to follow this  
redneckcowgirlmn

Red's Road Trip To Ca To Fetch The Kid Thread.

I'm glad I can be the source of entertainment and maybe a little discourse!

That's how I scroll, ya know ...

ph34r.gif

Hey Red... Utah wants to know if you wanna take a quick trail ride on Thursday morning? The place we ride is about 15/20 mins from the house, and we can do the easy route... Totally up to you??

Sure!

But... what do we do with the offsprings?

(I think locking them in the camper is still illegal....)

Well... two choices.. they can stay here with my offspring and play video games.. or go out with us and play in the woods.. Dimple dell is great for teens/ preteens with pellet guns!!!

:rotf:

Yea.... let's take MY offsprings, out to the woods, WITH pellet guns, while WE ride around.

Anyone else see a potential "Adventure" here? :unsure:

LMAO! Yea, the shortest one would be fine with video games. The one that's planning on living with Andi? Yea, he'll throw a huge fit if I get to ride out of state & he doesn't. :rotf:

Lol... well, they can be on one side of the culvert, while we are on the other... :-)

Hmmm... maybe we can borrow a fourth horse.... if u think he would wanna ride. Idk.

Good plan. Tick off the kid with a loaded pellet gun while you ride off and then have to return... :ph34r::crazy:

:rotf:

Sedation and strong ropes might be a good idea as a back up plan. :rotf:

Thanks, JP!

Well, tomorrow's the day! packed & ready to go , just need to fill the cooler & load up! Waiting for the glass guy to show up, "MYSTERIOUSLY", the windshield developed a crack of course, from a teeny little rock chip. :rolleye0014: Don't want to deal with getting pulled over for something trivial like that, so might as well fix it here, instead of on the road. (& I get paranoid about things like crashing, & having the glass blow up in my face...)

Serah, see ya tomorrow afternoon some time! :happy0203:

Hey Red -- you're getting here the afternoon of Tuesday, the 12th, right?

Any idea how long you can stay?

Might you and crew be interested in attending and watching a big branding? We *might* be branding about 300+ calves on the 14th ...

Andi? You are just BEGGING for a butt whoopin' aren't you!!! :winking:

(I SUPPOSE we could stay... IF you can come up with ponies for 2 of the boys to ride so we can help... maybe.... BUT NOT the Buckin' Horses!!!)

Well, they won't need any horse back help but ground work for sure! happy0203.gif

I do NOT want your hubby ticked off at me for putting the rug-rat on an out of state pony! unsure.gif

Thanks, guys! SDD, I'll call ya when we hit ND on the way back!

Oh, & Andi? If we stay for the branding, there won't be any "surprise" lunch menu items, will there? :sick:

Eski -- I think YOU get more points because you are MAKING things to do. The branding just happens to be occurring at the time around when Red will be here. And it's not a sure thing yet. We're going to need a bunch of ground crew and about 20 ropers so anyone I can bring that can mug calves the better! LOL!

Red will never come to Oregon again -- I put her and her kids to work! happy0203.gif

Oh, you'll know it when you hit ND too! You'll be driving HOURS through boring eastern MT...and then BAM!!! You cross that invisible border into the greatest state in the US! Lol. ND is a boring drive. You'll pass the Badlands though which are nice! They have a gorgeous scenic overlook called Painted Canyon along the interstate if you need to stop for a restroom break (Exit 32-ish). They even have a hiking trail that heads out from the rest stop there if the kids need to blow off some steam before you take off again. It's just past my old hometown of Medora. :winking:

ETA: When you start going through the Badlands, keep an eye on the north side of the interstate. You might catch a view of some of the National Park's wild horses. They were always a favorite of mine when I lived out there.

Edited by sddeadeye

With over 300 calves to brand, what do YOU think Red?

happy0203.gif

DANG IT!!!! (Note to self.... have Mommy Dearest make me some sammiches for visit North...) :duh:

SD, Will do! Thanks for the Head's up... off to google Camping areas around there, we should be about that far the night after we leave "Jellystone", as the 8 yr old calls it, lol!)

Ooh...there's a campground IN the National Park there. If you take the Medora Exit, you can follow the signs to the park and it is only about 5-ish miles into the park. Drop off your camper and take the loop through the park (takes about 1 1/2 hours). Or there is a campground right outside of town as you come in off that exit too. It's called the Medora Campground (I lived in one of the trailer houses at the edge of that campground). If you plan on staying in the Medora area, let me know! I lived there for 4 years and have plenty of tips for places to eat, things to do, etc. :winking:

whoot! here's hoping I'll be able to snag a bit of time to leave the ranch tomorrow! It's shaping up to be a busy day...BUT we're fully staffed tomorrow so it should still be no problem, unless all 4 of the broodies we're watching happen to foal tonight...but now I'm just borrowing trouble! LOL

SAFE DRIVING to you!

Here's some info for you Red. Here's the main website for Medora.

If you're looking for the best price for a good meal, I would hit up the Boots Bar & Grill. It's right on the main road through town. The Cowboy Cafe has good breakfast. I believe you can print a city map right off that above website somewhere and that should tell you where everything is at. It's a small town, you can't get lost. :P

As far as things to do, the park is always my favorite. The entrance fee isn't too much. There's generally wildlife to be seen, the views are great, and there are lots of hiking trails if you're interested. One of the favorites of visitors there is the Wind Canyon trail.

There is also the North Dakota Cowboy Hall of Fame in town. It's basically a museum with the history of the "cowboy" and horse from the Native Americans up through todays cowboys and rodeos. I think it is a neat place to go through.

They have a new Family Fun Center there as well. I believe it is by the Medora Campground I mentioned earlier. I haven't been there since it was built. Anyways, it has a rock climbing wall, bungee jump, and a giant inflatable slide.

There is also a mini golf course if you're interested in that. It isn't very exciting compared to a lot of mini golf courses, but it's there.

I, of course, LOVE the Medora Musical. I rode horse in it for 4 years though so I may be a bit biased. :P I'm not sure what you're budgeted though so that may or may not be an option for you. I have never paid for a ticket there so I don't know what they cost.

I'm sure there is plenty more to mention. Way more than you can get done in one night anyway.

Serah, see ya tomorrow afternoon some time, I'll tet like I said when I cross into SD, so you can tell me how far away I am!

SD? Suhweet! Thank you! See ya NET week, if I can get away from ANDI!!!

Well, kids, this is the last post till tomorrow night, gotta pack up the ol' laptop so I don't forget anything. Those of you that have my cell #.... can someone tet me around 8 am & make sure I got out of bed & left home? KTHANKS!!! :crazy:

Road? Here we COME!!!!~