NapoleonMyBaby

Can Someone Please Help?

So I was wondering :questionicon: , what are some cute accessories I could make at home, because i have a Paso Fino 8 year old, he looks like a wild little thing and all the other horse have handmade things, it's kind of like tradition were he is. I'm saving up to buy him a new bridle halter etc. but I would like him to have something homemade not only because of tradition but because it would be more important to me than buying. If anyone knew, that'd be nice. thanks in advance :grin:

Edited by Renata C

Maybe you can knot a rope halter for him or make some rhythm beads. There are lots of instructions for both online.

Maybe you can knot a rope halter for him or make some rhythm beads. There are lots of instructions for both online.

Thank you for replying :notworthy: , was beginning to lose hope :happy0203:

I'm going to make my own bridle charms this year for my horses. There is no chance of getting tack confused, I just think they are neat. You could pick all the materials up for fairly cheap at a craft store.

I'm going to make my own bridle charms this year for my horses. There is no chance of getting tack confused, I just think they are neat. You could pick all the materials up for fairly cheap at a craft store.

how do you make those :happy0203:

Heavy duty wire, whatever beads you like, a clasp of some sort (I like lobster claw clasps), small pliers and wire cutters.

Cut the wire to length, make a small curl in on end so it holds beads (you can also add a bead to the small loop so it will hang loose), add your beads, make a small loop on other end around the clasp.

Super simple.

There is the Hungarian tradition of "shallong" and the Spanish/Baroque "masquero" which is a bridle ornament.

Here is an example but there are many ways of making them (leather, beads, hair, etc):

masquerosnew.gif

ETA: sometimes you can find harness decorations and "buttons" at antique stores that might be fun to use

Edited by Nikki-HorseCityAdmin

I make all my own blankets, sheets, bridal bags, rope halters,polo wraps, and saddle bags so those are all options and there generally easy to make

I like the idea of bridal charms though too i bet you could make some super cute ones

I usually just replace the endcaps of screws with conchos. That way I know which is which and can customise it my own way. Never thought of charms though, good idea!

I want to make my girls a Native American theme myself since they are Mustangs and I am Cherokee blooded *both great grandparents were full blood*

Cherokee *the horse* has a bridle that is close but I prefer a handmade jewel just for each horse.

There are tons of things just poke around the internet