password9

This Place Is Dead

Lauren! HI!!!! So nice to see you still lurking :) how are Rex and Gus?

Kelly- I legit LOL-ed when you said that! Oh my gosh, that FB group was such a good idea. I forget how many of you guys I'm friends with on FB. It's so nice staying in touch with all of you that way. The baby is cute. She's got a kind eye.

Shelb- man, she's gotten BIG since the last time you posted pics. Jasper looks happy as he can be, haha. I'm sure he's enjoying his life as a semi-retired horse!

I agree with you Kelly, it's definitely crunch time for the end of the semester. Every time I cross something off of my to-do list, two more things get added to it. Such is college. However, I have 17 more days left in the semester so I am trudging through.

I showed with my school's IDA team this semester and had so much fun. I only showed once because we had another point rider that needed to get qualified in my division and since I'm only a junior she took priority. I got to school at the home shows though and had a lot of fun with that. I'm also still jumping at school. Definitely have gotten to the point where I really feel competent on most horses. That college riding can really make a huge difference. I can get on almost anything, jump it around and not feel half bad about how it went. I still don't think I'm a "good" rider, but I'm on my way there. There is just so much to learn and it never stops!

So nice to see everyone :) keep coming out oldies!

Hi all! Everyones horses look great.

NH I will be interested to see pictures of the little mare in the spring :)

Houston is doing really well. We have had an interesting couple of months.

We went to a small HJ schooling show Labor day weekend, participated in a clinic with Robin Walker at the beginning of October, did a 2 day mini horse trial at the end of October, and finished up most recently with a 4th at a one day mini horse trial the 2nd weekend in November.

The schooling show went mostly well. It was my first time showing him and it was a long weekend but overall a positive experience, the clinic had its ups and downs but we became a better team and I learned a lot about myself and Hue through the course of the weekend. The 1st mini trial was really good. A rail in stadium and a stop / more like a hesitation.. on cross country bumped us out of the ribbons but again it was all about the experience and we finished up strong at our last small horse trial in 4th place - Houston was a gem.

This winter we will probably go to 2-3 schooling shows. He will likely get 2-3 weeks off over Christmas though - which will be good for him.

He has grown up so much the past few months. And for your viewing pleasure...

All smiles after completing our first mini trial:

12C83AAE-11CC-4619-8E44-30D90B1CF48B-1240-0000011A9F486D46.jpg

Having a blast XC at our most recent Mini:

DSC_0702.jpg

Thanksgiving:

IMG_0559.jpg

Hope everyone is doing well!

Well I guess I'll throw in a little update as well!! I haven't been on in a while if anyone remembers me...hello again! :D

I have just been going to school and working. I'm in school for pre-veterinary medicine and I am sick of it. Organic chemistry is evil, in case anyone was wondering. It's to the point where I just want to get school over with and just be a vet tech the rest of my life. And I honestly would be happy doing that as long as I can go back home and be with my family and start my life with my boyfriend of 5 years! Arg.

Anywho...haven't ridden in MONTHS. I miss it so much and can't wait to get into it again...one day, when I have money. All I do is work and school and my job is amazing. I have been at the same clinic for almost two years now and my boss paid for my certification so I am a CVA (certified veterinary assistant, level 1) and as soon as this semester is over I will take my level 2 certification exam! Hooray! It's seriously one of the most rewarding jobs I have ever had and I just want to be in this business forever!

So glad to see that everyone is doing well for the most part. I can't believe how dead this board is. I check it about twice a week and lurk but nothing much happens! It used to be crazy all the time! I would have to go to the second page to view posts from the day before. I guess that was about 8 years ago though?

Wow, missing this community!

Good lord. Just pulled my third all nighter in a row. I need some sleep!!!!!!!

Hope everyone who is in school is having a decent end of the semester!

I'll give an update!

Still working full time for an insurance company and managing a barn and riding. Thinking of moving south of Wellington in the spring, headquarters of company and family are there.

It's been over a year since Riley was so badly injured, and he's now turned out and living a normal retired horse life. Looks a but gimpy at times, but otherwise looks great.

Lease horse went home. Got my season at third, was reserve HOY for the state, and got my 4th level scores.

Bennie (the ottb) has been the star of the show! He's Usdf's tb horse of the year in 3 categories for the NATION, and was reserve Champion for Region 1 at training level finals, which was a HUGE accomplishment, not to mention he's just a plain bay ottb in his first season at dressage.

We are showing second level this weekend. :)

Good lord. Just pulled my third all nighter in a row. I need some sleep!!!!!!!

Hope everyone who is in school is having a decent end of the semester!

I feel your pain... I can't wait for the semester to be over!

Chirs! Rex and Gus are doing well..

My mom has actually started riding Rex! ha I'll have to post a video. It's actually quite impressive.

This semester needs to be over now... Literally the worst semester of my life in so many ways.

Chirs! Rex and Gus are doing well..

My mom has actually started riding Rex! ha I'll have to post a video. It's actually quite impressive.

This semester needs to be over now... Literally the worst semester of my life in so many ways.

Ahhhhh!!! I absolutely love it when kid's parents start riding their junior horses when the kid goes to college. Seriously, always my favorite stories. I would love to see video of that!

And yes, I agree. This semester for sure has to be over. I've done pretty decent academically, but I really had to work for it! Definitely kicked my butt a little.

Agree with above who said this board used to be crazy!! but I'll give my update.

I think I posted not too too long ago, I moved out to Kansas with Todd. Actually super surprised with the horse scene here- TONS of english and shows. I'm boarded at an eventing barn. I love my barn people. I'm kind of a homebody, but moving to a new state/city is so easy with my horse because I always have barn friends :)

I've been at my job for 4 months now. It's been weird having an office job that requires a skirt and heels....uhhg but I've gotten used to it. still scrambling a bit to pay all the bills associated with being a real adult..double uhhg! lol But making do.

My job is sending me to Oklahoma, probably moving down as soon as february 1st. Which is insane, I never thought my life would be on this path! I'm pretty excited about it- besides the middle of no where oklahoma part...lol because the lifestyle and work will suit me. No office, being outside, and I think I will actually have more horse time :)

I probably won't move todd down right away. I have a hunch finding board will be a pain, its all barbed wire and not really english. so we'll see. He is getting better about cows though!

I have really enjoyed kansas, I'll be sad to leave after so short a time. I'm scared to tell my roommate, he's going to cry I think! lol.

I have been to a couple of shows in the local h/j series down here. Todd's been spicing the show scene up-all the competitors are the same every week- so we are the new kids on the block. He was champion at the last show! We've been doing the hunters.

Oh and I took him foxhunting out here a few weeks ago, we had such a blast and he was wonderful.

oh and I'll give a little update on my other guys too. Fred and Mable are back in PA with my mom. I'm glad my girly is taking care of mom out foxhunting. Mom calls me all the time telling me how great she was jumping etc. I'm excited to ride her when I come home for xmas. I miss that girl- she's the only sensible horse I have! lol.

And my lovely boy freddy, gosh he is I think 16 this year. He is actually not at our farm, he is being lightly foxhunted/ridden by an adult friend-little lady. She apparently adores him, he deserves it! Definitely need to stop by and visit him while I'm home. I'm glad he's there b/c mom doesn't have time to ride him and he's not really sound enough for what she wants to do. So it works out well.

Check out this handsome guy Todd, love him. and OMG look how WHITE!

P1010001.jpg

ok...look at this face.

1-2.jpg

you can see the pretty farm in the background. such a lovely place.

P1010029.jpg

I need to get some riding pics! But I don't have anyone to take them :(

Edited by dapplefred5

Wow, Todd really is SO white! I've been told that there is a pretty huge English scene in the midwest. I'm glad you found a nice situation out there!

Alyse, I saw on fb that Bennie is doing pretty darn well! Congrats on surpassing his racetrack career earnings! haha

To tired at the moment to coment on everything I want to but a few things!

Todd has gotten so white!!!! Wow!!

And I went with some friends this weekend to a team sorting (sort numbered cows from one pen to another as fast as you can in order). First time I have gone. Took friends horse that we have never had on cows before (brilliant idea I know! But she's a good lil mare) and it was friends second time to go. And we WON the jackpot!!

I miss getting on here like I used to! Life's too busy it seems haha.

I've been riding for a solid 4 months now, lost 25 lbs and feeling great! I brought back a cute TB that was out in the pasture for almost 2 years, started leasing him and we have recently started competing in Novice and I'm going for points and the AEC's for the 2013 USEA shows this year!

His name is "Pete" he's a 16.3 14yo TB a blast to ride! Took a while to figure each other out, he liked to stop with me if he couldn't leave long, but now we are starting to trust each other and have really turned out to be a great pair! He has REALLY bad kissing spines, so he gets his back injected, I had a black country saddle fitter come out and I got us a custom saddle, I LOVE that saddle. He used to buck off his old rider, even rear because his back hurt so bad and they never thought twice to check his back. My trainer is the one who caught on to the signs he was giving and had him checked out, turned out almost his entire lower back is fused.

Cant share a story without pics!

This is what he looked like the first time I ever got him out of the pasture! haha

522632_10151870295095495_747507487_n.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

132282_10152236100800495_1271523848_o.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

Edited by storey

Congrats Storey! You look awesome. I really like Pete...he looks like a really good soul! Man, I just love event horses. I just don't have the cajones to do it :P

April thank you! I feel great ;) He turned out to be a handsome guy!

Chris, aw eventing is sooo much fun! It's ok I'm jelly of you as a hunter rider, I can never seem to get my perfect equitation down. ;) haha and thank you! I have a soft spot for Pete as well, he's such a fun horse really happy I had the opportunity to bring him back.

trot solo

jump solo

Sit trot solo

Here are some pictures to actually prove I still ride. Really...I do. Not well, but I do. This is Solo. He's an Appendix QH we have at school and I love every single thing about him. One of the most comfortable horses I've ever ridden.

Edited because I can't figure out how to post pics on this new board and PB won't let me on... Edited by hunterguy398

Chris I love that horse! And he fits you so well! He reminds me of a friends big horse that I would love to get my hands on to make a hunter out of.

Just wanted to share my little project I have at the moment. He's a 9yr old grade gelding 15.1 or just a touch over. QH x Arab ? Maybe.

I call him Si or Si Boy

F3DFBD63-CFBA-4341-BFF6-3251F0C2FD3F-1952-0000019831D6DD5C.jpg

947D1A1A-BE84-424D-B987-F8C17B3A50D2-1952-0000019924C62C36.jpg

I'm going to get a English saddle on him soon. Might take him out to the trainers and play around with some X-Rails with him one day.

He came out of a friends lesson program. She gives barrel lessons and he just isn't a speed horse. At all. Or a kids horse (in the since he won't move out and work for a kid. They can kick him all day and he might trot a bit) but he has been working good for me. Very quiet and soft.

He got thrown on the trailer when I went to pick up a old mare for my niece from said friend. She was like here take this bay gelding he's useless around here.

I'm just smitten with him.

Other ponys are good Jasper's being old and grumpy and Savvy is growing like a weed. Taylor is still with my other friend getting FAT and being a happy pony :)

How is everyone else doing? Now that I've been home from school I've been working nonstop! haha. It's ok, I love having the money and I'd rather be kept busy all break. Haven't sat on a horse in probably close to two weeks now though. Not even sure if I miss it that much right now lol.

Been riding the red horse bareback everyday.. I actually prefer to hack bareback, it's a hard workout for me and I can get a lot more done with him than with a saddle.. I like having my leg right there and he's just overall easier to ride into a frame and stuff bareback with a dressage whip..

photo1_zpscd024d6e.jpg

Lauren that is so funny! He looks awesome. Such a big and relaxed looking guy.

Is he still going over the stick with your trainer/another rider or is he living life on Easy Street now?

Just popping in to say

1. I have a lesson with miss trainer Thursday! I can't wait. I'm taking my pony and there should be pictures!

2. I go and pick up Taylor next weekend and bring him home!! :D

As of recent, I've been riding an older, very seasoned eq horse. A lot of fun. I pretend I'm still a junior and that I'm polishing up some things over the winter for my big eq career. Nbd.

Yeah, hi...I'm a loser.

Thought I'd post with an update. I left my H/J coach in the fall. Long story, her and clashed on a personal level and it just got to be way too much for me. I don't want to go into too many details, but for my emotional well being it was for the best.

Anyway, there is a dressage coach that comes to our every other week to teach so I've been taking lessons with her twice a month just so I have something. Oliver is doing super. We're doing lots of lateral work and he's taking so well to it! The coach is really good about really working things through in a calm way, which is so good for him. He can get flustered really easy if he doesn't understand and then you get after him. Sometimes we just do half the lesson on a long rein just to help him chill. (although my legs disagree, holy crap)

There isn't much in the way of good H/J coaches in this area, so I'm not sure what to do. I need to get this pony sold and the market is terrible. I had been hoping to have him sold by fall so I could move up to a horse over winter and it's not happening. He's priced the same or under all the other ponies in his range, but they're not selling either. I love him to death and I love training ponies, but I'm 25, I need to ride a dang horse again! I had some people out to look at him and they rode him in our make shift fenceless jumper field (outdoor was getting new footing) and jumped every jump and he didn't bat an eye, spook, nothing and then they called me the next day and said he was too hot for their daughter and way over priced. :confused0024:

Anyway, I moved in with a friend in September. Our apartment is 2 blocks from my boyfriend and really close to work so it works out well. Much farther to the barn now, but I've been trying to remember to put my riding clothes in my car so I can just go straight to the barn after work. Working about a million jobs. My full time "career" job doesn't pay enough for my horses plus rent so I started doing some freelance work (graphic design, writing), teaching a few lessons at the barn and doing chores at the barn. At least I can say I'm keeping active!

A few pics for anyone who cares. Outside ones are from the fall, much too cold to ride outside now!

582770_10151200886407674_2088516558_n.jpg

396042_10151200886502674_1003518122_n.jpg

Bf is a videographer so he took some video, this is a screen shot and I think it's super cool...except my leg kinda bugs me but whatever.

305075_10151200886672674_2116738927_n.jpg

Mr. Fuzzbutt with his winter coat and me making faces at my boyfriend (videoing again lol).

73877_10151323299787674_14251269_n.jpg

That's all. :smileywavey:

Edited by Taglet

Can't believe I remember my log in. Been forever!

I'm getting ready to do some serious dusting off of my riding gear before hubby and I start trying to start a family next year. My baby girl (horse) is moving to a local boarding barn and going into REAL training and not just what I've been trying to offer her in my hilly muddy field.

Hoping to get into the show ring this spring and summer.

I have everything worked out, including borrowing a mini to keep Reb company while Miss Mare is gone. Even managed to get Mr Anti-horse hubby on board with my plans...which is a small miracle in itself.

Taylor bug is home!! He has been here a week. When my friend that had him got a second horse he started losing weight again. And she couldn't get it back up. So he came back home. He seems to already be putting it back on. He's happy to be back with his best bud Jasper.

E1F58EA0-2439-48A8-84B9-17FC53A3D63E-3041-000002C8D858AA86.jpg

3D4C1CC0-CDB7-4E5E-AB25-3D7FDAB0465E-3041-000002C8E15F14AC.jpg

Taylor Jasper Si and old lady Whisper are enjoying the big fields at the new house.

E90EC0E0-B403-444D-8653-444A94B5D607-3041-000002C8F8CCE95E.jpg

Pretty Filly Savvy is getting huge! She's almost 16 hands now! These I think are the best pics I have ever gotten of her.

63D7C308-383A-49F9-8A67-6594999A25F6-3041-000002C8CB991EEE.jpg

5816CDAE-750E-48E8-8EA0-4E48D7153D8D-3041-000002C8BE27BE56.jpg

7FE49C44-A756-4787-BC1A-26D3C412F9AE-3041-000002C8B062931B.jpg

DA54A73F-EA7E-4575-B3B3-A9776D83A3EF-3041-000002C894A83EA2.jpg

I finnaly found the time to start working with her more. She's such a smart filly.

Edit to ad a pic of Old Lady Whisper for y'all's amusement. (And yes I do relize after seeing the pics I need to revamp her saddle pad arrangement.)

1E746E55-9057-4AB2-A83F-7C1ABA06DAFC-4281-00000410DCE4868C.jpg

Edited by LostHorseRider

Guys. I spilled tea on my laptop and it won't turn on. This happened in the beginning of January and I still haven't gotten it fixed yet because I'm poor. But yes, I'm still alive and I'm not ignoring everyone!

Bump!!

Just sat here and read the last five pages with a smile on my face.

Not sure anyone remembers me but it is so fun to see all these old usernames I recognize, like RockSolid and KTS, and even The Big Red Horse! Sorry I can't remember everyone's real name.

Well. I graduated college almost two years ago! Since then, I did a year of service in California (Episcopal Service Corps) that hooked me up with free housing, an almost-full time job at a homeless shelter, and some crazy housemates.

One of whom became my boyfriend. :happy0203:

The program ended last July so we packed up our belongings in our 1973 van and headed to Texas! The van didn't make it so we don't actually own a car but we live in a super cute apartment (well it's kinda sketch at times) in Austin, TX. I love it. Sometimes Texans give me **** for moving from California but I always remind them that I'm a Marylander at heart! And yes, Chris, going from East Coast --> West Coast IS weird. My bf is a California boy so we clash about weird stuff at times lol.

I haven't taken a lesson or sat on a horse since November 2009!! Can you believe that!? :surrender: Horrible. Seems like when I have money, I don't have time and vice versa. I have been unemployed the last eight months (boyfriend works retail) but had a promising interview last week with a hotel and tomorrow at a dry cleaners. I've had such a wide variety of jobs and internships at this point (retail, non-profit, etc) that I'm happy for anything!

Hopefully when I can afford it I'll be driving a lil' Car2go (like Zipcar but they are all smart cars) out to a lesson somewhere in the Hill Country! :happy0203:

Chris, thanks for starting this up again! And to whoever mentioned it, I do remember the facebook group we tried to get going!