password9

This Place Is Dead

LHR,

Thank you SO much for the offer! When I have more money (and a steady job) I would love to come visit! I miss horses so much. I will be in touch!

Still no word on the job front...at least my boyfriend is employed so we can pay our bills, thank goodness. Waiting for my "salvation" aka my savings bonds to come through (having issues redeeming them since I screwed up some bank info for them). Meh.

My girl has been in training for almost a month. I've been happy with her improvement so far. I wish I had better pictures but my husband was more interested in watching the craziness going on in the center of the indoor. Long story short it wasn't pretty and I reported them to the barn owners along with a video.

e77177294c7df87b0ca6a6fe154be29a.jpg

eb742a91f7e16009cca33d6e63f8e42f.jpg

4813b4ffbbd3f2a73dc4f632948699e0.jpg

4804d458b7252026f4b2a965abb5a3f7.jpg

97c3204d8e2b2f0d7fb31d03600e5024.jpg

49817b503cc1c24c580e743dd5a19606.jpg

Sooooo here I am at the library computers typing this at school. I am only able to check on all of you guys every now and then because my computer is still broken and I really just don't have the money to get it fixed, LOL.

I have been aggressively pursuing some internships and from the looks of it, I think I will be winding up in Virginia this summer working for a hunter trainer who has a pretty awesome sales barn as well. We shall see though. I have two individuals that I have been in contact with over the course of this semester and I'm very interested in working with both of them.

At school horse shows have started up again so I've been really busy managing them. I'm going to another dressage show this weekend but that means I'll be missing my senior's last home hunt seat show since they're the same day :( I'm really sad about that!

I wanna hear the long story....lol

AND see the video :P .

you've got my husband's chaps!!

Oh the long story lol. Well the barn I'm boarding at is multi disciplined. There is an English barn, a western barn, and a trail riders barn. There are two really nice outdoor rings...both lighted...one at the western and one at the English barn but during the crappy winter months we all share the tiny indoor ring. I walk my mare into the indoor and I notice there are several people riding. A younger girl who looked very timid but was on a nice little western pony and what looked to be a mother and son in the center of tiny indoor doing some what I thought to be reining stuff.

First inkling that this was going to be odd was when said odd couple decided to untack and switch horses in the center of the tiny indoor. They could have easily have gone into the adjoining barn aisle with cross ties and done this out of the way of everyone else.

As I start warming up my horse these people proceed to attempt to get their one horse to spin. This horse knows its job...I've seen the trainer ride it in a full pattern with not troubles. This guy had this horse so worked up that she was all but crumpling to her knees! She was squealing like someone was murdering her and they had her tail braided and knotted so every time she objected to the obscene spurs being dug into her belly and swished it she literally cracked herself. This went on for over 15 minutes. After this he started RUNNING and trying to do sliding stops...in a tiny crowded indoor. They then just walked their horse around in the middle of the ring and allowed them to shove there butts into each other and both each other into oncoming traffic.

My girl handled it well but she's just a baby and was very unhappy about the fuss. The poor girl that was in there bailed entirely and made her mom get on and finish riding the horse.

Ps - I found those chaps used for $25. Love them despite someone else's initials on them but need to get them taken in.

I went with the trainer and friends to go school at Greenwood farms in Weatherford TX this past three day weekend, had a blast! Schooled all the Novice jumps and some training jumps as well. Really love this horse!

Defiantly ready for the show season this year!

Training level steeplechse jump at Medowcreek

pete5_zps2e9a4124.jpg

Novice log combo it was a down bank to this, and you have to pick to go to the right or left of the tree in the middle of the jump

pete3_zps46edf65b.jpg

Novice level mushroom table

pete2_zps5afe3db2.jpg

and the giant training level table, loved that one!

Untitled-1_zpsa93e42b0.jpg

Anyways, just wanted to brag a little :happy0203: I just love this horse!

Love the pictures storey! I am about to take my guy to our first BN combined test in 2 weeks after 2 Starter level minis (were doing our first sanctioned event in April) and looking at even those Novice fences makes me want to pee my pants! Glad to hear every one is doing well!

HIIIIII!!!!

Ok, this is the most dead this place has ever been. Good lord people, let's attempt to get it moving and shaking, ok?!

This Friday I'm headed off to Alabama for my internship. I will be working for an up and coming Grand Prix jumper rider and I will be doing the sales and marketing of her import and sale horses. This is really what I want to be doing perhaps as a career so I really am very excited to be able to have this opportunity. I'll be splitting my time between her home farm down in Alabama as well as the horse shows in Kentucky.

How is everyone else doing?!

chris--just occurred to me that i might have a useful link for you. (german source of excellent sporthorses and the epitomy of *professional*).

Chris I am so excited for you!! Have a safe trip!!!

I'm doing good.

Savvy went to the trainer last month and has another month to go. Hopefully she doesn't test me to much lol. But she's a 3yr old with 60 days on her what am I talking about lol. She was 15.3 1/2 when I dropped her off. Girl is going to be huge!

Taylor is...pretty much retired. I was going to hack him around the pasture to check the fence a few days ago and he tried to buck me off 3 times in 5 minutes..SO I guess his riding career is pretty much over unless we get the surgery done on his back...and that's just not a option at the moment. So he's getting fat in the pasture.

Jasper is doing really good teaching a friend of mine to ride. And he is doing awesome. I never thought he would take to a beginner like he has. He's such a cool old horse.

Old lady whisper is doing good. Fat and happy.

My dad got a big Palomino gelding I call Yella (he calls him trigger) that is coming around pretty good he is fun to ride and overall safe. But will test you. He's fun tho.

And I ended up getting a little project paint mare from a friend that got stuck with her when she was misrepresented to them. She's cute and coming along. Her name is Lucy I'm bound and determined to make a barrel horse out of her because they gave up on her being one. That's a long story but yea lol

Work has been crazy. And so has life. But that's how it goes I guess

How all y'all doing?

Just popping in to say hi and share a short video I shot last week riding one handed with my iPhone while jumping some jumps out on the trail. Hope everyone is doing fine and that their summer is off to a great start!

Nick- if you'd like to send me a PM with the link you're more than welcome to! Thank you for thinking of me :)

you're welcome (us horse people need to stick together haha). PM sent.

Hey y'all!!

I forgot my password for awhile so I couldn't log on...

Got a job! I've been working at our local Nordstrom Rack for the last few weeks, can't complain.

I turned 24 on Wednesday! My boyfriend threw me a surprise party, it was so fun.

And on August 1st I am starting an 11-month term of service through AmeriCorps here in Austin. I am so excited! I will be getting to focus on what I really enjoy--teaching adult education. Can't wait.

I also hate iphoto lately because it has been messing up my photos when I export them to Facebook ughhhh

I also got a bike last week and I am off to the bike shop to get it all tricked out! It's so fun.

I went with the trainer and friends to go school at Greenwood farms in Weatherford TX this past three day weekend, had a blast! Schooled all the Novice jumps and some training jumps as well. Really love this horse!

Defiantly ready for the show season this year!

Training level steeplechse jump at Medowcreek

pete5_zps2e9a4124.jpg

Novice log combo it was a down bank to this, and you have to pick to go to the right or left of the tree in the middle of the jump

pete3_zps46edf65b.jpg

Novice level mushroom table

pete2_zps5afe3db2.jpg

and the giant training level table, loved that one!

Untitled-1_zpsa93e42b0.jpg

Anyways, just wanted to brag a little :happy0203: I just love this horse!

Great photos storey. I don't know that much about jumping but you and horse have impressed me. You say that; "I just love this horse!".

IMHO; It is NOT just the horse but the trainers and riders that have put the TIME, EFFORT, LEARNING, UNDERSTANDING AND COMMITMENT that makes everything work. SO... good for you!

I hear way to often from others, "My horse is stupid!" and I have a hard at keeping my mouth shut.

Bringing Sereno home in the rain last evening; I asked him if HE wanted to get into jumping? I think he was looking around for another horse cause HE didn't appear real excited about the idea.

100_2001_zps6d3067b8.jpg

Oh DANG! I see that psmitty is on line AND an MOD and I didn't thank him for sharing.

One handed jumping and your vid was so solid. ????

Even non-jumpers should be able to admire that.

And we should admire all the different disciplines that we know takes a lot of dedication and make us go.... "WOW".

Did I save my butt just a little? :happy0203:

i do too! looks like i'm getting brave again with my lusitano gelding. i'm gonna be 55 in agust, and i'm going 3'6"!! but the horse is very kind.

he informs me as to when lift off will begin. :lol:

So I'm really liking my job in Alabama so far. I was in Birmingham for all of about 12 hours before I got into the barn's truck and headed up to the Country Heir horse show in Kentucky. Just finished up the week here and it was really successful. The barn is staying up here for another week with some of the horses but I'm going back home with a load of horses to learn the operation of the farm at home. Really liking my boss, the farm owner and the girls I work with so much so far!

In other news, I bought and Antares helmet today. Just because I wanted to. lol

i almost fell off yesterday :ashamed0002: . was behind the motion--horse went "whoa, where are you going???" and literally got under me listing to the left.