Sign in to follow this  
nightdreamer

Forrest Gump Wedding

So I have always said I wanted a Forrest Gump wedding. I love the simplicity of everything about the wedding they had in the movie, also it is my all time favorite movie. Although I got some crazy looks it's the only way I could describe what we wanted!

I think we did a pretty good job at executing our "Forrest Gump Wedding"

Forrest Gump Wedding

xn8as0.jpg

Our Wedding We had just family, and each of us had a friend and their spouse, a total of 23 people.

11rx6w3.jpg

Also a picture I'm sure you guys will LOVE!

eao67k.jpg

Edited by nightdreamer

Thanks! I loved how all of the pictures turned out, I also love that we could capture a picture with EVERYBODY at our ceremony in a group picture :)

My MIL didn't like almost all of the pictures taken! To bad for her because we LOVE them!

Thanks, I got the dess at some "teen" store at the mall, it's just white lace, I gave it a sweetheart neckline, added my very blingy sash and it looked just like a wedding dress! Only cost 29 dollars, I LOVED it.

Thanks, Yes I'm very glad we stuck to our guns and had the small wedding! So much more special to know everybody at our wedding genuinly really loved and cared for us

The smaller, simpler weddings are more intimate,IMHO. You were a beautiful bride, and I love your boots. Congrats, and hope you enjoy many happy years together.

Edited by N4L

I agree it was very simple and intamite, I have a big group pic of everybody that attended the ceremony! I love it, not to often you can get a pic of everybody at the ceremony.

How wonderful to hear about a wedding where:

The sharing of a special moment with a small group of loved ones. Was more important than hordes of people invited for presents or to be impressed by a big show.

The families, bride & groom didn't go into debt to have the big-est, best-est, bad-est show in town.

The bride and everyone else remained sane..no stress induced bride or groom zilla dramas.

Everyone had a great time with people they loved.

Congratulations and Best Wishes for a Wonderful Life!

Congratulations on your marriage!

I love your boots too and the setting was beautiful! Where are you from?

Your exactly right dondie!! We are def. happy with our decision. We figured up the total cost of our wedding and all together it was the same amount of JUST the food at my sister wedding ha. Crazy how if you try you can have an amazing wedding at a good price you can do it!