Sign in to follow this  
Old-aker

Misty Sue's Foal Watch

Well, today we found out our fat mare is actually our pregnant mare. Vet says we have 1 to 4 weeks (maybe a little longer) until there is a baby on the ground. Oh joy :rolleye0014: lol. So, here we go...

Misty Sue is bred to an unknown stud. However these are her bloodlines.

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/poco+still+shows

Of course bloodlines don't matter much in this situation. So, on to pictures.

June 14

DSCN0049.jpg

2012-06-15164554.jpg

June 16

DSCN0076.jpg

DSCN0086.jpg

June 18 (she is going kinda downhill, sorry)

DSCN0116.jpg

DSCN0127.jpg

I will try to get better pictures tomorrow. I tried grabbing some today but she is being exceptionally cranky.

2am in the morning I'll be sleep deprived sending pictures of a newborn lol! Guess I really appreciate that DH hooked my lights up in the barn.

Saw your post in GCC and thought I'd reply here that I'll be watching!

At least you know ahead if time. A lady near me went camping with her new, "fat" Tennessee walker and she gave birth on the picket line. Luckily she went to her truck to grab a jacket and found the baby! Mare had been exposed to a couple 14 month old colts with the previous owner... They didn't think that was old enough to do anything. Sigh.

Anyways, HFV!!

Wow, I am glad we didn't find out that way! And thanks!

Trying to decide if I want to bring her up into the small pasture or not. I have to do some rearranging in the stalls now. They are currently occupied by pregnant goats. I guess my blind goat is going to have to go in a stall with her pregnant seeing eye goat. Also have to fix the barn aisle up for foaling since the stalls aren't big enough for that. Looks like I am going to be busy tomorrow.

Tried to get pictures today but she is being an absolute beast. Won't get any closer than about 25 feet away from me. That would have been fine, but every time I walked to her side to get a picture she spun around and looked at me. Apparently I am not allowed to photograph her belly. She missed out on treats today. It was hard for her so I am sure she will come to me tomorrow.

Didn't like pictures of my belly when I was pregnant either. :happy0203: Can't wait to see the foal.

Wow what a moody mare we have! One moment she is all no I'm not coming to you. The next she is oh wait please don't leave I am right here. You are not allowed to scratch me today! Wait don't stop scratching! Plus the fly spray doesn't seem to be doing anything. Nasty bugs are laughing in my face. I did manage to get a few pictures before she fiddle farted off.

2012-06-22105108.jpg

2012-06-22105101.jpg

2012-06-22105013.jpg

2012-06-22105005.jpg

2012-06-22105046.jpg

2012-06-22104955.jpg

2012-06-22104929.jpg

No whoo ha pics. She had that OMGeebus you just touched me there?!?! reaction to me trying to snap a pic :rolleye0014:.

Well, as of my 10:30 check we have a mare that just wants her booty scratched and massaged. She has a little smattering of wax on her right teet. She has moved herself to the front pasture and is hanging out right by the house. I felt like a had a horse shaped shadow lol. Will check on them again before I fall asleep (probably around 3am).

3am check done. Was a little more difficult to check everything out. She would have crawled in my lap if she could have. She is holding her tail up and to the side, but otherwise everything is the same.

Hilariously when I was out there our Monster apparently stole the dogs blanket off the porch. She was out in the yard laying on it. That horse cracks me up so bad. We keep picking on her that she is having a "sympathy pregnancy" because she is so fat. Apparently the donkey is also having one, he is rotund!

Really no change from yesterday. I'd say we still have a little while. Her bags are a bit bigger. She really wants a booty massage everytime I go outside.

She is highly annoyed with my gelding right now. He keeps trying to whisper sweet nothings to her (which is odd for him). She isn't having any of it. The only one she wants near her rear is me, and only so I can give her scritches/a massage. I'll have to move him and the donkey to the big pasture in the morning.

Oh, and her milk is a cloudy off white color.

I don't have any of Misty from today. I can provide a pic of Monster I took yesterday.

Oh mom, look I fat too. Pay attention to meeeeee.

2012-06-22174824.jpg

Nom nom nom, I eat your camera!

2012-06-22174805.jpg

Not paying attention to you mom. These weeds are so much more interesting.

2012-06-22174920.jpg

Misty is weird. First let me say that even when she came in season you would never know it. Now that she is in foal she is "flirting" with my gelding. This just started tonight. Since she is acting strange I probably won't sleep a lick.

Sayge, it's def. hormones. Sweets has done it to me even though she's for sure pregnant. Sometimes mares will also act studdish while pregnant because of hormones too=) Can't wait to see your baby!

Thanks AD. She is a good horse, we just don't click well together. She prefers men. An experienced woman can get on her and have a fight to ride the whole time. A barely beginner male can get on and she will ride like a champ. Drives me crazy.

Briana- that makes me feel better. After I posted here and then made a topic about it I was up until almost 4am researching. I should be well informed before we have another planned foal. I also can't wait to see what Sweets is cooking for you.

I do like that she loves me right now. Usually she avoids me like the plague but right now I could step outside and she would come running to me. Makes it a lot easier to catch her.

Grabbed some new pics this afternoon. She really didn't want me near her with the camera today so most of the pics aren't that great. Gives you an idea though. Here is our cow.

DSCN0143.jpg

DSCN0149.jpg

DSCN0152.jpg

DSCN0155.jpg

DSCN0177.jpg

DSCN0178.jpg

I did remove the tick once I noticed it in the pics. She wouldn't let me crouch down and get a good pic so I had to reach under while scratching her booty.

DSCN0159.jpg

DSCN0160.jpg

So funny tonight and I am sad I didn't get a picture or video of it. Baby was moving and grooving and Misty was staring at her belly like what he**?!? It made me laugh like an idiot. She came over to me and kept trying to push her belly on me. She is such a funny mare sometimes.

Monster wasn't much into the whole picture thing today. Kept hiding behind Midas or Misty. If Misty was as lovey all the time as she is now I would totally keep her. I am going to give those people with the percheron mare until July 1 (the day they said they had to make a decision). If I haven't heard anything from them and Misty has a roan baby I believe I am going to keep it. Provided it has some potential and isn't an uber fugly thing. My parents don't want it and plan on finding it a new home when it is weaned. Of course I say only if it is a roan, but let's face it if it has an ounce of potential I will have to see what I can do with it no matter the color.

Pretty sure I check on the mare to much lol. Anyways, she is digging a small hole to China in my front yard. Need to teach her to fill it back in when she is done. I'd say it might be significant, but she tends to be a pawer anyways.

Well, last night around 3 or 4 in the morning I thought Thunder Cats were GO. She was laying down grunting and groaning. Occasionally biting her sides. I watched and waited. Then got so tired I had to sleep. Woke up this morning and ran outside just sure we'd have a baby. Instead I have a fat faker. I am going insane. I keep dreaming about babies. Apparently I called my husband this morning talking about babies (I was asleep). I think I need to pull my coffee pot out of the storage box.

So, despite her faking last night I have noticed a few changes. Her poo is becoming more loose and patty like. She appaears to be getting wax. Tail and butt seem more jiggly. Hurry up Misty... I need my sanity back!