Sign in to follow this  
Old-aker

Misty Sue's Foal Watch

She has to have it before the 4th. I won't be on the computer from the afternoon of the 3rd til the 9th! I can't wait to see what she has.

I sure hope she does. I do have to say that I really enjoy how lovey dovey she has become. She may be a bit to needy though. She can get pushy trying to get to me. Usually she would be on the other side of the pasture ignoring me.

I sure hope she does. I do have to say that I really enjoy how lovey dovey she has become. She may be a bit to needy though. She can get pushy trying to get to me. Usually she would be on the other side of the pasture ignoring me.

When my mare was close to foaling that was the ONLY time she was lovey dovey. It became a nightly ritual of me sitting on a bucket scratching her big old belly for a minimum of 30 minutes. I would just start scratching and she would move around to where she wanted itched. She used to make the funniest faces too.

Her last foal was a surprise. I had the stud, he had gotten in with her due to a hussy of a pony that used to tease the ever loving snot out of him. He finally went through 2 gates to get the pony who was in with my mare. I'm talking a 15 hand horse and a 38" shetland. Anyhoo, knew the pony was bred so gave her a shot asap to stop that happening. Talked with the vet about my mare. Didn't want her bred again, didn't appear that she had been bred. She was NOT in heat at that time either. Vet says to watch her and if she didn't come into heat with in 30 days we'd give her a shot too. Witch cycled every month from then (July) till November like clock work. Next spring I had that nagging thought in the back of my mind that she looked bred. But figured it was just the really killer hay I was feeding. Farrier comes out, looks at said mare and says "I didn't think you bred her last year"... Crap.. pulled out my vet records from getting the pony shot. Called up vet, she comes out, sure enough, fat cow was bred. Foaled on her due date.

Eskie, pretty sure Misty says she doesn't give a rip lol. One minute she is crawl in my lap love me and the next she hates me. She can't make up her mind if she wants Midas or Tilly near her (has to be one though, she freaks by herself). She normally loves Yoko. Today she tried to kick her head off. Oh and the water. Holy cow. The girl drinks more water than all the others put together... and sweats it right back out.

Grabbed some pics this morning.

2012-06-27080608.jpg

2012-06-27080617.jpg

2012-06-27080718.jpg

2012-06-27080635.jpg

Yeah she seems to have deflated a bit. Or I suck at taking pictures lol. If she is still hanging onto it by the 4th I am skipping family fireworks. We'd have to be gone for a day and a half. Don't want her to decide to have it and me not be here. Well that and I have some goats that I am just sure should be popping pretty soon (I think they are conspiring with Misty to be fat fakers though).

Sayge, Sweets acts dramatic when she lays down for her REM stage sleep at this point too. She'll lay flat out and groan the whole time! Can't wait! Maybe we'll get babies on the same day!

Yeah I wouldn't want to be away that long either. I would offer to check her for you on the 4th but I'm going to be out of town too.

EEEEEEE, baby goats!!! I love baby goats.

The goats are about giving me heart attacks. The folks we bought them from had no business owning goats (we have lost way to many) let alone breeding them. So we had unhealthy bred to unhealthy. Now we are having a heck of a time getting them healthy for delivery. Poor things are vitamin/mineral/supplement deprived. Hopefully we are done losing them. It hurts my heart when I can't save them.

I got lucky that my dad is off work for a week when hubby and I are going on vacation. We were going to pay a farm sitter but dad volunteered to come up and stay for the week. He is so awesome!

I'm gonna say she'll foal one week and two days from the night she was laying down grunting and groaning.

HAVE FUN STAYING UP ALL NIGHT!!! mwahahahahahaha.

I only say that because our last of this years 16 foals was born on Monday...and I thought for sure we'd all get to sleep at night now. NOT! We get to get up every 2.5 hrs and nurse the mare and bucket feed baby since he's going through crooked leg treatment atm! urrrgh!

Hahahaha! Your last pic violated the terms and it was removed!!!

I still say at least the week of the 16th if not a little longer.

Lmao! Guess someone got offended by horse bewbs. Probably my neighbors that think I am some kind of pervert for taking pictures :rotf:.

Oh, DM, Dr. Ellie said to tell you hello. She says she misses you but is glad she hasn't seen you in a little bit and she means that in the kindest way :D. Then she started talking about Demon and Taz :happy0203:.

Next time you see her tell her I miss her too but its in a good way!!! I swear it seemed for a while like everything I owned wanted to see her. Then my friends horse had a stopped up tear duct and we had her out there.

They know Demon and Taz and Joe, too well. But when Dr. Lindsey was looking for a trainer all Dr. Ellie had to tell her was that I sent Demon to John D. and it was good enough for her to call me to get his number. She said if he was good enough for Demon then he was good enough for her horses!

I love Dr. Ellie dearly, she was a wonderful addition to the practice. Dr. Lindsey doesn't have much of a bedside manner, but she is a good vet. Dr. T is a hoot and I love asking him questions and then watch him squirm trying to be politically correct in explaining stuff to a female!!!

Ok, I'm going to stop hijacking your thread! Misty is looking very good and I can't wait to see what she puts on the ground.

I am under strict orders to drive or call up there for Dr. Ellie when Misty foals. Pictures are a must lol.

She metioned something about John D. when I was talking about Misty needed extra training. Does he work with drafts? Tilly needs a serious tune up this fall.

Hehehe, yeah you may have a visitor at your door when I find out she's foaled!

You know, I've never asked him. I've joked with him about working with a friends 18+ hand draft but never seriously asked him. He is really good with the horses and I highly recommend him. If you decide you want to meet him let me know and I'll go with you if you want.

That's fine. Just ignore the unkempt yard lol. If the gate is open leave it open. If the gate is closed, please close it back :D.

For real though, ignore the unkempt yard. We have to buy a new lawn mower lmao.

My yard looks awful right now from the heat and dry so yours won't bother me at all.

And gates, I was taught leave them as you find them so not a problem.

Lol, ours is fenced in for the horses. So part of it is super short and bare to the ground. Then there are the clumps of stuff they wouldn't eat. It looks hilarious. I need to pull the weedeater out and buzz them down.

Got some new pics. She still has quite a ways to go.

2012-07-08092611.jpg

2012-07-08092616.jpg

2012-07-08092635.jpg

2012-07-08092640.jpg

2012-07-08092553.jpg

2012-07-08092541.jpg

The middle two pictures I was way downhill from her. The brat couldn't be bothered to move. The first 2 are a better representation of how big she is.

Update!

As of yesterday, July 15, there was still no baby. I don't have pictures and sadly won't be taking any more for y'all. Misty Sue went to a new home yesterday. We had an opportunity arise and we opted to jump on it while the chance was there. My parents gave me the go ahead to trade her for a Gypsy cross mare. They will be taking my gaited gelding home.

Good news! The new owners will be keeping me updated and will let me know immediately when she foals. So I will be able to report back here and let everyone know what she has :D.

Oh, Midas is working just fine. I just needed Misty as a trade so I had to trade my parents Midas. Sounds really complicated lol. Midas will enjoy going to my parents. His only job will be following dad around and eating the treats dad keeps in his pockets. Dad might ride him once every few months, but I doubt it. Dad has some feet/hip issues and a gaited horse will be really good for him. Plus if my parents decide to ever get rid of him he will move right back here with me. So I guess I am kind of loaning them Midas for however long they want him.

Well crap! I don't get to come invade your place when she foals! I'm glad they are going to keep you updated so you know when she has the foal.

I'm sad that you are sending Midas to your parents but sounds like he is going to a wonderful place and "technically" he's still yours.

Well, we still plan on breeding Monster, so we will have a draft baby hopefully next year. Midas will probably be around for a few more weeks. My parents are coming up this weekend to meet him. Probably won't take him home until my dad is off work again.

I kinda miss the Misty Mare. She got on my nerves so bad, but now that she isn't here I wish she was. Stupid mare got me to care about her.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO a draft baby!!! I love babies no matter what they are.

Funny how they sneak in there and make you care about them.

I miss the crazy mare too! She certainly was a character! Are the new owners keeping the baby?