Sign in to follow this  
caledonia

Difficult Situation...looking For Opinions

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. :angel3:

As far as the situation, I would personally tread with caution and wait a little but before making any big decisions. It's a very tragic time for you and the family and unfortunately that may be affecting their decision making. I don't doubt that she sincerely wants you to bring your yearling, but she probably isn't thinking through what having a yearling around will be like.

Oh Shannon, I am so sorry about your friend. That is very terrible and I'm sending you and her family positive thoughts and prayers. :huggy::angel3:

I think you have to do what is right for you in the situation NOW. Not two years on, not yesterday, but now. If this seems like the situation that is exactly what you're looking for, then I definitely think you should do it. There will come a time when things might get difficult in terms of keeping your horse there, but doesn't that happen in almost every boarding scenario? Be smart, have a back up plan if possible. If you're comfortable enough with her mom, why don't you gently suggest what you're implying to us here? As a horse person, I'm sure she'll understand.

Best of luck in whatever you choose to do. Please keep us updated. <3 And give us some pictures of that baby!!