Sign in to follow this  
countrygirl6661

Mane, Tail And Skin Care.

Hey yall I don't know about everyone else but its so stinking' hot in LA. I've cancelled a lot of work outs with darcy because of the heat. I don't wanna chance him or me having a heat stroke.

But as it gets hotter darcy has been sweatin horribly. And he's been itching his face and butt and everywhere else he scratch on the trees and well anything he can find. It's really been damaging his coat and pulling the hair off his face and tail and mane. It's quite saddening. He looks like someone pulled his hair out and abused him ( he's not abused he's actually really spoilt). I've been putting MTG on his tail and mane everyday when I feed him and well its not working dangit. So if any of yall have any tips or know of any product I can help the hair grow back and get him back to his handsome self that would be great. I know I don't get on here much and well if you want you can email me with any tips my email is countryside6661@gmail.com

Thanks for reading and I hope you and your four legged critters stay cool in this heat.

My horse does that when the "no see ums', or biting gnats as we call them are around. They go for the face, ears, mane and tail.

I would buy an anti fungal shampoo if he is loosing hair... Also, try to ride very early in the morning at the break of dawn or at night before the sun go's down. You should also buy swat ( Below there is a link) and apply that to the base of his mane/forelock and the dock of his tail so the gnats don't chew away the hair.

http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pgguid=30e071b4-7b6a-11d5-a192-00b0d0204ae5&ccd=IFA001

Edited by cowgirl.up121