Sign in to follow this  
Brownie_Cinnamon_my_girlz

Perfect Horse Breed.

What is your "prefect" horse breed and why.

Mine would have to be a mustang.

I loved my girls. They were surefooted and sturdy and they had the patience of saints with me. I have yet to find another horse of that caliber yet. I would love to have another full blooded mustang someday but until then i will stick with my half mustang 2 paints and a qh.

I've enjoyed Arabians for 40 years and see no reason to change that. I like some other breeds as well, just not quite as much.

I can't choose just one breed of horse.

I've been blessed to own or ride horses that some people can only dream about.

From Dondie an Arab/POA cross who was my best friend & moved by esp like a perfect dance partner....to The Prince a TB imported from Ireland who floated across the ground and over jumps with his whole heart.

That's my favorite breed.

A horse with brains, a great heart and a loving nature.

That's my favorite breed.

A horse with brains, a great heart and a loving nature.

This. Even though I have a horse right now that I would consider to be my "heart horse" and he happens to be a Quarter Horse, I have known great horses of many breeds, and a lot of "mutts" too. I could never narrow it down to just one breed.

I tend to like all horse breeds. I am drawn more to draft breeds though. I adore my Spotted Draft/Clydesdale cross and my Gypsy cross. We had a Warlander a few years ago that was amazing. I really don't know if I'll ever permanently own anything but drafts.

I love appaloosas but pretty much anything that's sure footed and level headed'll work for me. :smilie:

I grew up around Arabs and Morgans, so it's probably no surprise I have a Morab now. But my heart will always belong to my Thoroughstang.

M.

I like the look of stockhorse breeds best, A good mind on a good horse is what I trully like best. I just bought a TWH mare, the price was right, & wanted to try a gaited horse, definitely a different build, but she has a inner beauty that grabbed at me. So now I'm broadening my horizon, & learning something new to me, PD

There is an old saying: "The best color for a horse is fat." The term "fat" at the time of these grass-fed horses meant "healthy". That is the way I feel about breeds. I have never had much opportunity to select a particular horse to ride, but that hasn't much mattered to me. I am happy with whatever horse I have and try to ride it the best I can and improve its performance to the highest standard it is capable of achieving. No matter what horse we have, we can never achieve this goal, but we should aim for it.

I have a spot for the Thoroughbred. My Maxxum was a resale project, 6 years later I still have him and he is a saint to put up with me. He has done "pony" rides with kids that have never ridden (they were steering him all by themself/ pulling) and then I got on and did our training ride which was upper dressage. I can put begginer riders on him and he will go over the 2" fences and make it seem like hes putting in him most. I can put a begginer that has never been on a horse and he will take care of them. I have had pros ride him and they say hes crazy, yet so good. He will give you enough, if you ask he will give but also take care of you at the same time. Hes my heart horse, hes put up with me like no other horse would.

Shetland. Marvelously primitive, brilliant and diabolical. I've never met a stupid one.

My ideal would be a shetland/haffy. Size and substance for riding, brilliant pony mind. So much mane and tail that they're nearly buried in it. And every possible color anyone could imagine, plus a few that can't be imagined.

THERE IS NO PERFECT BREED. ONLY BEST FOR THAT MOMENT, AND THAT PERSON.

You can ask 100 people which that is, and get 100 different answers to specific questions. Stock work? Quarter, Pulling a wagon? Draft, Flashy gait? maybe Peruvian Paso or TWH.

You see, the list goes on....and on...and on...! :confused0024:

I didn't mean perfect full circle perfect. I meant it as an individual what is the breed that fits you or that is the perfect horse in your eyes.

My old mustang mare didn't win any beauty contests but by golly if somebody woulda offered me a million dollars i would have refused. She was "perfect" to me.

I would have to say a big fat bay overo witha kind eye and heart of gold as big as the earth he runs on. My APHA gelding max is my heart horse, He will go all day for you. he is full of heart kind, an rope off him and throw a kid on him and never worry. He would die tring for his rider and hes just a great all around horse. My mom who had a hip replacement has taken over him now. Hes perfect for her never puts a hoof out of place and my mom is comfortable on him which is what she needs. Because of thise horse I bought his full brother sight unseen and shipped him down from IOWA. Hes a solid jet black gelding just turned 3 yrs old and is about to go off for big boy trianing. So far I'm not dissappointed in him either hes very willing, and gentle. So I guess if i had to go by breed on their papers I would have to say a TB/Quarter Horse cross is the breed for me I just got lucky with some extra frosting.

Cin, I agree it has been my Mustangs, not since my old QH mare have I found anything spectacular like her,until I got my first Mustang I always dreamed of. I won't go back to domestics they just don't fit with me.

My girls have taught me so much and they cannot go a day without making me smile.