Sign in to follow this  
Stinger

Joining The Club!

Happy to say I'm on the hunt for my first long ear! Found a few mini options as a pal for my mare and I couldn't be more excited. I've been itching to finally post on this board! Within the next week I should have pictures of my new friend to post :-D

OH, OH, OH! You are a tease!

I thought I was going to see pics of a new muley!

First one I'd found fell through... But just found one I'll be picking up tonight! I'd have a bunch of dancing bananas if I knew how from my phone, lol. Pics tonight or tomorrow!!

Meet... BUTTONS!!

buttons.jpg

I saw that name for a mini donk a few weeks ago and decided whatever I got would be named Buttons. 6-7 year old gelding. "Halter broke" and decent with his feet but very nervous about being handled. He's just been an Appy stud's buddy since he was 2 years old so he's very unsure about what the fuss all over him is! Very sweet, just needs to learn how fun it can be to be a human's friend. I put halter broke in quotes because, well...he has a halter on, and can lead, but will also decide to drag you around at his pleasure. We'll start working on that tomorrow.

I know the picture isn't great, but he was already pretty nervous so I went without flash (for now). They say he's a hinny...I think he's pure donkey (and I'm not exactly sure what qualifies as a hinny, although I've heard the term.) Opinions?

:yay::yahoo:

The definition of hinny is donkey dam x horse sire, rather then a mule your usual horse dam x donkey sire. Hard to tell from the photo and with minis, most Hinnys will resemble horses more with shorter ears and finer features or so I have been told. But I have seen more mules in my time then hinnys. Hopefully someone with more experience will check in and give an opinion.

Well I can certainly get better pics tomorrow so people can judge :D By your description, sounds like he could be a hinny, as he has smaller ears than any donkey or mule I've seen. Still bigger than my 15.2 hh horse though, lol