Sign in to follow this  
luvallbreeds

Green Lakes Trail, In Central Oregon

So it has been awhile sense I have updated on my trail riding adventures yet I have been riding just about everyday out here on the high desert then last week we loaded up the horses and had a change of scenery and rode the green lakes trail. Boy was it an adventure. I rode my horse that was afraid of heights and took my daughter who was afraid of heights, I was proud of both of them as we traversed the mountain trails..it is a beautiful ride indeed. I took many photos along the way.

there were several waterfalls

60735_3809816844958_1636625694_n.jpg

and running creeks

400939_3809840605552_1866825336_n.jpg

lake, broken top and smokey skies from the remainder of the Pole Creek fire

308159_3809843845633_2091259910_n.jpg

we were not alone ..lots of hikers on this trail

310138_3809846885709_1655189477_n.jpg

my ride, my horse Fantasy

284018_3809854005887_113071836_n.jpg

my daughter and her horse, during a break at the top before heading back down

76841_3809864446148_1829545740_n.jpg

there are SO MANY water crossings on this trail your horse will be great at them by the end.

3136_3809879686529_262896359_n.jpg

the trail ahead

548047_3809933767881_1233950765_n.jpg

one of those steep slopes, that had my horse and my daughter on edge

482974_3809950648303_1913588078_n.jpg

and a bit of video

All and all a great trip and an amazing trail

398523_3809988089239_1599530280_n.jpg

Looks like a GREAT trip!!

I think some of the trails look a lot like the trails near Onion Mountain, and along the Illinois River trail. I have ridden those a few times when visiting my folks near Grants Pass. So many little creeks to cross, (or jump like my lil Arab does), and lots of sidehill with loose dirt.

Your "Fantasy" looks like a real great ride, and since we both ride light colored horses, I AM A BIT prejudiced! LOL!!

I went out to the washes near our house to roam a bit the other day, and found a nice path.

sunnypics008.jpg

triptoArizonaandtoButterfieldresort063.jpg

The sky was such a deep blue, and I could see all the way to the air force base at Edwards AFB, where the shuttle used to land!

rideandothershotsFeb08039.jpg

100_3733.jpg

Where is the Green Lakes trail in relation to say Crater Lake, or Roseburg?

I rode up by Crater Lake a few years ago, and it was COLD! Mid July, and lots of snow in drifts still. When we camped at night, we about froze our patoots off!!

Really cool pics! Thanks for sharing. My friend and I were over camping in that area at the beginning of September for about four days and explored some of the trails. Cant wait to go back over there again. Deffinatly will add that trail to our list to check out next time.

Thanks it was a wonderful ride and very different then where I ride close to home.

siseley ..I love your pictures, that is a very cool tree and neat rock formations. Yes we folks that ride the white/gray horses are a special group :happy0203: we love our horses that often look a sweaty dirty mess, at least that is the case with my mare...LOL. My hubby sometimes worries about me during hunting season, but I tell him I ride a white horse, I truly do stick out brightly. Green lakes trail head is 27 miles west of Bend Oregon.

Love the pics and video! I too ride a light colored horse, a paint who grayed out and is snow white now. You have some gorgeous country to ride in.

Luvall...

So this is on the way to Hood, or to the Sisters area for us coming from the south.

Both my Wife and I love the Oregon area, and want to explore the trails more. I want to try riding near Chiloquin and Crater first, then move north toward Eugene, and Corvallis for some flat riding, then up SR35 to the Hood, and Sisters. We have friends all over the North West, and will probably impose on them as much as they let us!! LOL!

100_0750.jpg

As you see, we can be pretty self sufficient, and can rough it if need be.

asstshotsfornow071.jpg

Nice :smilie: I love the living quarters ..one day I too shall have one. For now I settle with hubby driving the truck and trailer and I the old motor home should we go horse camping. I would let you part in my RV spot on our property. The trail head is out century drive so I want to say it is south of Bend going out past Mt. Bachelor. For you coming from the South you would head north west. But I am sure you can look it up online. There are so many trail heads along the Pacific Crest trail.

I love those pictures. But I would have trouble on those ledge trails. I can't seem to get over the fear no matter how hard I try. I don't even like ledges when I'm on my own feet.

Looks like a gorgeous day with beautiful horses!

Thank you so much for sharing your trail!

We used to camp in the Bend area, great area for fishing and hiking too.

I have to admit that I'm with your daughter when it comes to riding on steep slopes.

We went trail riding along the American River canyon on Friday & Saturday.There were a few places were I firmly kept my eyes up and my mare Sienna close to the hillside! {{{{shudder}}}}

Dondie;

I know too how you feel.

It is nice that Siseley will leg over her hinds, and if I push her head towards the cliff edge, while legging her toward the uphill, she is pretty sure footed.

BUT, it sure increaes the "Pucker Factor"!!! I really suck those cheeks to the saddle, LOL!