Sign in to follow this  
Mmmaddie13

Books On Foaling/breeding?

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone would be so kind as to suggest the best foaling or breeding books that they've read? I've heard The Complete Book of Foaling and Complete Foaling Manual are good, but are there others that you would suggest? I've been seriously considering breeding my mare within the next year or so and I am looking for any resources that I can get my hands on to help me along the way. :)

Also if there are any books on caring for foals or mares or info on artificial insemination or anything along those lines, those would be great, too.

Thanks so much!

My best,

Maddie

Blessed are the Broodmares and Blessed are teh Foals are the historic recommended reading. Sadly they are woefully out of date, although most of the info is still pertinent. The sections on dystocia WILL scare the crap out of you though....

Oh yes I remember seeing those were highly recommended. I am VERY easily worried and paranoid, so I'm sure that it will scare the crap out of me. I'm always scared for the worst I guess. Thank you for the suggestions. :)