TinaCarroll_57253

Cch (Colored Cow Horse) Thread Just For You!

Have you not read other threads on this forum? Many of them sink to personally attacking someone- often by the very members here who are getting so butt hurt by bringing up stuff about CCH.

Funny how it is always different if someone knows someone...or the member is "well respected" around here. Yet, if it is a newbie, it is open season on the poor person and not ONE person comes to the defense of the newbie.

You people and your bias. Makes me sick. This CCH chic didn't just throw her pony out in a field without a shelter or simply ask what cookies/treats are good for horses. This chic, who knows better, left her horses feet untrimmed to the point of slippers, to where many horses were dead lame. Who didn't put down a sick horse who was an emergency situation.

Then, she comes on here, defending what she does (breeders aren't the problem) blah blah blah.

I just find it funny how it is always different. Where were you protesters when Token was getting bashed and told she has a mental disorder because she believes Michael Jackson were alive?

Where were you protesters when the newbie who got the mustang asked questions that a newbie would ask, was belittled and hurt by the very same protesters who are protesting me saying the things I say about CCH?

Why weren't you posters on each and every thread that attacked others, for no good reason, and say that it should be taken to PMs? I have NEVER seen any of you, or anyone else for that matter, suggest to the attackers that they PM the person and not air "dirty laundry."

Some of you people are just RIDICULOUS! People will go on and on and very maliciously attack someone you don't know here, but God forbid it be someone "precious" that you know. They get special treatment.

Crowd mentality. The psychology of it really is quite funny.

Again, I hate it when I agree with Blondy.

... If CCH decides to give us her side of the story thats fine ...

And if I decide to ask her about it, that's fine too.

Some of us are still reeling that a formerly respected member could let things get this way. Some of us are just plain ticked off.

I see no problem in discussing a "family" matter among the family. CCH was a well-respected member of the board -- family -- and I'm appalled by what I've seen. I haven't said anything inappropriate, so I'm okay with bringing it here.

I'm too angry to offer help to CCH (If you're reading, sorry to speak of you instead of to you, CCH), and I'm in no position to take on any of her horses. Even better, it seems the "rescue" is no better off than these horses are. But I sure would like to know what the holy h3ll went on. That's why I'm still commenting on this.

And if this went down the way it appears, I agree that CCH needs help and legal limits to avoid similar problems. I wasn't there, so I say "if." Regardless, something went terribly, terribly wrong.

This thread has gone more insane than even I thought was possible. Kudos! Some people are sitting back counting up the "winnings" they make up in their head, and others are practically in a froth over it.

At least I know my purpose here and have never done anything to deny it. :winking:

Glad to know that "innocent until PROVEN guilty" is doing so well in some circles. How someone almost 3000 miles away can know so much about what is happening or has happened when the folks living within a mile or so do not....just astonishes me.

I do not have time to post blow by blow on each and every board of which I am a member....and certainly would not post anything for the elucidation of the blond with multiple accounts over time and who seems to live in some fantasy world where her opinion counts for anything. I do not have to convince anyone on the internet or prove a single thing to discussion forums.....the only people who need to know and whose opinion will count will be a jury if and when this gets to a trial.

There are lots of things not published and lots of things being found out about this entire situation that stink to high heaven and owners of livestock and pets should be watching closely....the things done here can happen to anyone anywhere and at anytime if this grab is successful.

FYI.....several photos added to ranch album taken within less than a week after horses were seized. More (taken with longer lens since cameras/videos not allowed in sales yard area by management) coming hopefully soon. If you can find a horse in a BCS of 1 or think these have an average BCS of 2....you would be agreeing with the vet (with whom I had a billing beef earlier this spring and who refused to come put the older stallion down without full payment in hand when he was called the first week of August).

Edited by coloredcowhorse

Glad to know that "innocent until PROVEN guilty" is doing so well in some circles. How someone almost 3000 miles away can know so much about what is happening or has happened when the folks living within a mile or so do not....just astonishes me.

Do you deny the photos we've seen? What you've discussed yourself?

Yes, I agree this situation stinks from all angles; the authorities and the rescue, not yours alone.

However, and I speak only for myself, the photos associated with your situation do not lie and that is enough for me. You allowed an ill and/or downed horse to remain ill/down w/out timely release from suffering. You allowed horses to grow slippered hooves. Neither of these things occured overnight and you were fully aware at all times of what needed to be done, yet did not find a way to do it *for* the horses' comfort. You claim money was an issue and wanted to reduce your herd at discount prices and when offers were made, you did a bait-and-switch with the price.

The ill horse was not down, was seen by sheriffs deputy July 1 and on several followups and that deputy testified that he saw nothing that appeared to be neglectful. Vet (one large animal vet clinic in this town) refused to put the horse down when called in early August and having spent most of my reserve money on moving, getting pump and pressure tank for well so we had water and I didn't have to haul 1000 gallons a day and on going to see my sister to say goodbye before she died, going to funeral and then to help with follow up there...I didn't have the funds immediately available.

Yes, there were slipper feet...on three of six yearlings. They didn't come home from winter pasture until just before we had to move and were wormy, unhandled, hadn't been trimmed by the person who had them all winter. First concern was getting animals safely moved and then getting them wormed and gaining....the three with long feet were the ones who had photosensitive reactions (photos of legs were posted by rescue claiming this was fungus or injuries) following worming with generic ivermectin gel....legs swelled, oozed serous fluid, peeled, cracked, split, bled. The choice was made to allow the legs to heal some before attempting to pick them up and trim, meanwhile working to halter break the foals and get them to stand being held...got that done. Those without photosensitive reactions were trimmed and in fact sheriffs photos show two sets of legs in one photo...one with sunburned legs/long feet and one with colored legs and trimmed feet. The mare with the one long hind foot and a partly trimmed front foot was on occasion dangerously explosive if tied.....would stand if held but there is nothing solid on the new place to tie her to and the last time she was tied (when the one front and one hind were done and second front partly done) she blew up, knocked me on the ground and stepped on me....awaiting help to hold her to complete the job.

Sorry if the decisions I made to get us somewhere to live, to get water running on the place, to haul water daily until that was done, to visit my sister before her death, to go to her funeral, to help her husband deal with the things needed afterward, to assist in paying for those costs, to wait for legs to heal before handling, to halter break and teach to stand before trying to do feet, to get local help in doing this for both the three foals and one mare doesn't meet with everyone's approval.

But it was OK for the sheriffs office to take that sick horse, load him on a trailer and haul him to the sales yard where he was kept for an additional 4-5 days after their own vet said he needed immediate euthanization (which was what they offered when they came onto the property..."help you get him put down", "we have resources to help out owners in a bind"....and which I requested, agreed with and expected when they said they were getting the vet out)....until sale day when there were crowds of people on the sales yard property? At least at my place he was getting bute and omeprezole for pain and possible ulcers.

The more I read about your situation over the year, the more I got the impression that you would hold onto those horses despite your financial situation. You should have lowered your prices when the horses were healthy and you KNEW you were going to be short on money (why DID you jack up the advertised price when people called? They could've spared your horses?).

You whined about your personal situation plenty, but not about the horses' situation. All we kept wondering is "how can she care for so many horses with so little resources?" Obviously, you couldn't. You failed to care for them properly and you failed to sell them when your ship was sinking. If you had owned a couple of horses, rather than over 20, I might feel some sympathy for your situation at the time. However, the fact that you dragged the horses through your lean times is despicable. You could've prevented all of this.

Furthermore, you still seem to have no inkling of remorse for what you did. That is very sad. For that reason alone, I hope you don't get them back.

Blondy enough with the grinding the axe , .....not going to solve anything....

those who your angry with, you are allowing them to control you

holding on a grudge , your only hurting yourself...

Time to let go of the past, move on

know already too many horses, too much responsibilty too handle....for one person to handle ,thiings got out of control. CCH has to deal with it.Not you or anyone else...

Edited by Ann Wheeler

You're right, Ann. There shouldn't be anything left to say but she came to the party, so i guess those of us with comments had to speak up.

I have no anger towards CCH but I am saddened and deeply disappointed. I thought I knew her and then watched her posts become increasingly concerning over time. If she would just admit that she screwed up then it would be easier to let it go. But it seems like it's always someone else's fault with her posts. That makes me concerned that this type of thing will happen again with her if she gets the horses back or more horses down the road. That's why I can't let it rest until I see something that sounds like she really is sorry for what she put those horses through.

Edited by Little Cow

LC- I do agree that CCH needs to account for her actions. I think she maybe ,in deep denial, .....I hope she will get help for own well being...then and only then maybe she will admit /take the blame for the way her situation had become...

perhaps the court, the judge will rule her to never own another horse.. That is up to the judge for the final ruling....

Just my two cents, if I have a horse that clearly needs put down, and I don't have the money for a vet....bullets are very cheap.....

If your going to have baby horses they should be halter broke as soon as possible to prevent them being "wild" yearlings

Just my opinion and all I care to chime in with right now

This all sounds pretty much like one that went down out east a year or so ago. Woman with a bunch of Arabians was struggling to keep up with them, had a couple older mares that looked a bit poor, but the rest weren't bad. Rescue took them all, tore up her fences and drug her through court for months. Turns out they wanted her farm, worth a couple mil. Marsha DID finally get HER horses back, what was left of them. Funny how some people believe everything that gets printed as news.In this case, I really don't know, but like Epona, I do perceive a strong odor of fish.