Heidi n Q

Why Can't I Copy/paste?

I have made a post at a website. I've copy/pasted to other websites in the past to share stories among all my online friends, but now HC will not allow me to copy/paste.

Is this an issue HC will work on?

You need to be much more specific. What are you trying to copy? An article?

No, not articles.

I cannot copy/paste photos or videos from PhotoBucket to a post at HC.

I cannot copy/paste text from documents on my computer to a post at HC.

I cannot copy/paste text/photos from posts at other forums to a post at HC.

I cannot copy/paste text/photos from any HC topic to another post at HC.

I can copy/paste anywhere, except HC. I only encounter the problem here at HC.

Specific example:

I wrote a post with photos and video at one forum. I copy/pasted that information from the first forum to another forum. I came to HC to do the same and the "paste" option is in grayed-out letters which means "function not available". I do NOT want to have to re-write posts or meticulously type URL code to post photos or videos here at HC.

Well. Just call me a liar!

As a test, I opened a Wikipedia page about Peruvian Horses and it *has* allowed me to copy/paste.

Termino

A unique trait of the Peruvian Paso gait is termino — an outward swinging leg action, originating from the shoulder, in which the front lower legs roll to the outside during the stride forward, similar to a swimmer's arms.[4] Individual horses may have more or less termino. High lift or wide termino is not necessarily a sign of a well gaited horse; in fact it may be detrimental to a good gait.

Now I am trying an image from my PhotoBucket account:

003.jpg

Now I will try the latest text/photos I just tried to post and was unable to:

Reina and Tigre are hanging out under Dale, our Oak tree. We also have a Pecan tree named Owen. Owen was our elderly neighbor in California who would gather nuts in the Fall and crack them all winter. Dale is Ken's dad who died before we started dating, his family always called him the immoveable-oak, so the names seemed fitting.

003.jpg

012.jpg

*sigh* Well, I'm off to go try AGAIN. I *swear* I just tried to post the above text/photos and it wouldn't allow me to do so and I came immediately here to see if it my query had been addressed.

Okay, I am NOT a liar! I returned to General Chat and tried to copy/paste the text/photos I was able to copy/paste above into a New Topic and it wouldn't allow me. The 'paste' option came up as gray letters and would not allow me to use that function.

What is the difference between me copy/pasting and posting here in *this* forum and trying to copy/paste a post in *other* HC forums?

Some websites don't allow you to copy things. If you are copying from an outside source I can't help you. It's either an issue with the site or your browser/device.

I don't know why GCC is not the same as the other forums here on HC. They all "act" the same. I guess it depends on where you are pulling the content from?

Some websites don't allow you to copy things. If you are copying from an outside source I can't help you. It's either an issue with the site or your browser/device.

I can copy it just fine. I cannot *paste* it ... though it allowed me to do so ^^^ above last night ... in General Chat or Open Debate here at HC.

I don't know why GCC is not the same as the other forums here on HC. They all "act" the same. I guess it depends on where you are pulling the content from?

PhotoBucket, which I have used successfully in the past, prior to HC's server change.

Two private forums, which I have used successfully in the past, prior to HC's server change ... AND ... allowed me to copy/paste ^^^ above, last night in this forum. Why not the other forums?