Sign in to follow this  
luvallbreeds

My New Horse

I never thought I would get another horse, but this great oppotunity came along and I grabbed it. At the same time this was a very long proccess I never wanted to announce before until the deal was done and the horse was in my back yard. I had admired this broodmare from a distance on a ranch in Texas as I watched her have a number of foals over the years at one point she was sold and then returned to the ranch as it is their policy all horses sold they have first option to buy back should new owners need to sell. Once at the ranch she went back to broodmare duty but this mare was also trained to ride and was often used for general ridng. The ranch raises Iberian Warmbloods and decided to retire this mare and wanted to find her a new home. I let it be known I would love to provide her with a forever home if the price was reasonable.Sense I have known the owner for a number of years via internet with my dealings with Kiger Mustangs a deal was made. I had to be patient and wait for Chilli to wean her last colt and for transportation to be worked out. I am happy to say the 15 yr old Andalusian/Arabian mare Chilli Pepper is now mine and I am so very happy she came just in time for my birthday :happy0203:

I have some work to do getting her into shape and getting familiar with her training and her getting familiar with a new way of life. No longer a broodmare, now it is time to explore trails .

553979_3950610044700_856474988_n.jpg

197103_3954215374831_1833425198_n.jpg

558844_3976642055484_1105253871_n.jpg

BTW if your saddle pad goes poof, I didn't swipe it I promise..

A shiny new pony and kitten-kat is drooling over the saddle pad, ROFL!

Beautiful girl!!! So cool you got her in time for your B-day. Hope you have many happy years together.

What a sweet faced mare! You two are going to have so much fun getting to know each other...Enjoy!

(I have to say it too....that is a nice saddle!)

Ill trade my donkey for her! ;)

Shes gorgeous! I am in absolute love eith her head. I can see why you stalked her for a long time.

Wow she is gorgeous. I always wondered what that mix would look like and if it would work...Clearly it does! Best of luck with her!!

Thanks everyone and funny you should mention the saddle and pad. The pad is a bit to big and beloings to my daughter, we use it for riding her Arabian who is a bigger guy. It is a Reinsman by the way. The saddle belongs to a friend that keeps her tack in my barn sense she no longer has a horse at this time. It was all I could come up with for our first ride that fit this mare. All my saddles are full QH bars for big horses. Sense that picture was taken, I have aquired a new leather endurance saddle and have my eye on a smaller pad on ebay that should compliment the horse and saddle better.

Chilli has been fun to work with and I await new shoes at the end of the week to get her out familiar with our terrain and trails.

Sahura18..no fair teasing me about trading for your Donkey man :winking: I don't think I wil trade but you can give him to me :happy0203:

A shiny new pony and kitten-kat is drooling over the saddle pad, ROFL!

Yeah well.. I am a tack tramp (the other word won't work here.).. what can I say!

Edited by kitten-kat

I hope to have great fun with her, she is little and that is great! I have so many big horses and one giant mule. I look forward to playing on this little horse :happy0203:

Chilli is doing great and now spends her days with my herd, her nights she spends in her own paddock. Chilli also has a new pair of shoes now, we will be heading out to the BLM soon. First on some walks to see how she reacts to the terrain, then as soon as my new pad arrives under saddle. I am pretty excited.

481682_4015519387393_1040708475_n.jpg