Sign in to follow this  
luvallbreeds

Super And The New Horse

I have a new horse on the farm and after a few days on the farm it was time for her to meet Super and set boundries with him. As Super can be a bit of bully he does listen when you say 'back off buddy'. Of course when I first put the new mare Chilli in the pasture Super did his happy dance to show off how wonderful he is...LOL

599050_3972925202565_1978371231_n.jpg

and then procceeded to give chase, but Chilli gave him a nice warning to back off buddy, she wasn't up for having no mule in her space

533920_3972934282792_1737933662_n.jpg

I love this photo ..Super runs up and Chilli steps back, then Super puts on the brakes, just before getting into trouble again

598546_3972956403345_897136932_n.jpg

Super took the hint after just a few go arounds and they found a respectable space they could tolerate each other. I know some folks have problems with mules being relentless but Super is not that kind of mule.

Edited by luvallbreeds

I don't have any fond memories of introducing new animals into our mixed herd. I'm glad Super is not relentless!

it is also good that Chili is not about taking any stuff from him!

He is soo big and sooo beautiful!

Super is a very kind mule and all bluff really, it could be he has never been around any other mules or donkeys. He was raised by a bunch of mares and they don't tolerate much guff. Even my 30 yr old mare can tell him to go away.