Sign in to follow this  
Cactus Rose

Found One ! (Oct 2013 Update)

I really like him! He looks a lot like Buck Brannaman's little Playgun mare Gidget. Looks like you are having lots of fun with him!!

I really like him! He looks a lot like Buck Brannaman's little Playgun mare Gidget. Looks like you are having lots of fun with him!!

Hey Stranger!!

And CR.. Hope you are getting some saddle time, with a helmet of course.. Lol.

How in the freeking world did I miss this? CR, you have been getting your hands on some great horses lately! I loved your gelding and this one looks great too!

Keep on trucking gal and keep posting pics/vids.

Thanks y'all !

Hope everyone had a great Christmas !

...........thanks Tappy ! Yep - I have been pretty lucky or cranky enough to run away from any I looked at that left me with questions.

And that last Playgun gelding - Gunner - that fell over the cliff with me? I just would have never felt comfortable on him on the trail - and because he was bought mostly for penning - holy doodle he is QUICK and athletic.

Something I am NOT these days.

But my penning buddy that is a HECKUVA horseman said "if you ever want to sell him" So - I did. He's already penning on him (isn't it amazing he didn't sustain any longterm big injuries!!) ..............and has WON MONEY !

:grin:

So a good match - with an excellent home.

Edited by Cactus Rose

What a cutie! I really like him.

That was a horrible story about your accident. Made me want to puke because I had a bad one this summer also. What injuries did you sustain? When was this and how in the heck did you get a doctor to clear you for riding so soon?

May you have years of love and luck on your new little mount!

........and how in the heck did you get a doctor to clear you for riding so soon?

Weeeeeeellllllllll............................LOL I didn't really ask anyone to tell you the truth. I just knew if I waited too long - I'd be taking up knitting rather than riding.

It happened July 21.

Coma was approx five days.

Six broken ribs.

Which led to a non functioning lung because I wasn't breathing properly (OTC Tylenol extra strength for pain - that was BS)

Broken collar bone.

Messed up left knee (long way from the heart so avoiding surgery)

Left rotator cuff (see comment above about knee)

And - they didn't call it a concussion - it was called a brain injury - still dealing with a couple issues on that.

You can go a long way on stubborn though. So that's what I'm running on.

Weeeeeeellllllllll............................LOL I didn't really ask anyone to tell you the truth. I just knew if I waited too long - I'd be taking up knitting rather than riding.

It happened July 21.

Coma was approx five days.

Six broken ribs.

Which led to a non functioning lung because I wasn't breathing properly (OTC Tylenol extra strength for pain - that was BS)

Broken collar bone.

Messed up left knee (long way from the heart so avoiding surgery)

Left rotator cuff (see comment above about knee)

And - they didn't call it a concussion - it was called a brain injury - still dealing with a couple issues on that.

You can go a long way on stubborn though. So that's what I'm running on.

Why in the world wouldn't they give you something for pain? I had a broken scapula, 6 broken ribs, and a ruptured kidney. They loaded me up on so much junk I was in a very happy place despite my injuries. LOL (That's a joke).

A lot of doctors hate horses and will flat out tell you that. My ER doc made me sit in a room for over 6 hours with no pain meds or any other treatment. He said he "wanted me to remember". As*h*le!

Glad you're better!

Hey CR.. Nice looking horse! It's been awhile! I hadn't heard about the 'swan dive' but it's never fun riding a horse that we don't feel comfortable on. I wish you many good trails on the new gelding!

I wish you continued healing and lots of confidence building with your pretty gray. He's lovely! (I can say that now because he's been gelded, right? Can't call a stallion 'lovely' :happy0203: ). :smilie:

A lot of doctors hate horses and will flat out tell you that. My ER doc made me sit in a room for over 6 hours with no pain meds or any other treatment. He said he "wanted me to remember". As*h*le!

SERIOUSLY???? Sounds like a lawsuit, to me. That is kinda the opposite of having the right compassion to be a physician.

I wish you continued healing and lots of confidence building with your pretty gray. He's lovely! (I can say that now because he's been gelded, right? Can't call a stallion 'lovely' :happy0203: ). :smilie:

......he would have been SO offended !

Last year.

Right now he's in a cute pair of patent leather pumps with matching handbag.

So - he'll take the "lovely" LC.

LOL

What an absolutely beautiful horse!! I think you should be able to expect great things in your new riding buddy. You are my hero, getting up and back in the game. I wish you all the best and many wonderful miles on Jack.

Just a wee update. I got a new saddle that is OH so comfortable...a Wintec Pro Stock. Felt somewhat nekkid without the horn on the front........but at least I won't be popping any underwear off when I lean forward in the saddle LOL

Jack has been getting lots of riding...even a clinic.....I've been building in confidence. I think a lot of it is just having the horse in different situations and seeing how he will react.

I had the opportunity to send him to an auction mart to sort cattle yesterday. He did SO good with all the noise etc. that he will be the one the guy is riding while pushing cattle thru the bedlam of the ring today. Yep - I'll be slipping away from work to take some pics.

Anyway.........here's Jack. Lunch bucket in hand at work yesterday.

So very glad you still love your boy. There's nothing better than having that horse that is just right! I just wrote about that on my blog the other day. :) Keep us updated Chickie.

I read your post and was freaked out by what happend to you, that was very scary and took allot of guts to even get back

on a horse again, I cant see the pictures of jack, but he sounds like a real jem, glad you found him. and it's nice to hear

your getting better and have a great horse to help you along

Congratulations CR!!!

Jack looks like a wonderful horse!

Rebuilding your muscle memory & your confidence is going to take some time. Letting go of the fear will get easier as your confidence & riding skills increase. Finding a new horse was a very smart idea. You and Jack can build a future of great rides and memories together!

I had a horse flip over with me (she reared up & stepped in a gopher hole). I jumped free, but damaged my back and fractured my pelvis. I never trusted her, never felt comfortable or fully enjoyed riding her. Even though she never misbehaved.

When I got another horse, all of that joy and confidence I'd missed, came back!

CR - that is awesome! I know I always feel better after watching my horse get through something with someone else, then I know what she will do and feel better doing it myself.I am working on cantering on the trails this spring, am planning to watch my hubby canter her with another rider and horse up a hill in the field, once I see it happen successfully, I feel much better about trying it. Hope that works for you too - he looks so calm, steady and relaxed, nice horse!