nick

Jamesm8395 Posting Hard Core ###### On Various Threads

if there is a moderator awake right now and online, you might want to block jamesm8395, since he's posting hard-core ###### on various thread and he's very QUICK.

good grief. I WAS JUST BLOCKED! i didn't realize that word was on the forbidden list. what about the perp?

he's still running amuck. what i find hard to understand is that you can't even call ex-vice president cheney by his preferred first name but this guy gets these pictures through. from russia with hutzpah. curious to see how long it takes to shut him down.

Moderators cannot block anyone, but I have been trying to delete the posts on the forums that I moderate. What a sick person this one is. :sick:

any idea how this could have happened? elapsed time from the time i posted to the time his posts disappeared over an hour, yet i was blocked immediately after my first post on this topic for a WORD that i think you see in your daily newspaper . i think the censor app needs rethinking. this was very, very ugly, and i KNOW we have minors on here.

Well, I didn't get on the computer till just after 6:30 central time. I started deleting the posts then, but I couldn't post a reply to anything. I was using Firefox. Now I''m on IE.

Anyway, your word got blocked because of the censors. Moderators cannot block or ban a person. It was supposed to be that we could block spammers, but that option isn't working for some reason. It's being worked on.

It's a spam bot, not a real person. It's a program written to spam any given forum with oodles of posts. It's gone now. That's the first one I've seen in about two years here. Needless to say I'm not very impressed with the software change. :surrender:

it's not just the "word" that got blocked-i was suspended briefly from further posting immediately after my first post yet those pictures got put up amazingly quickly after i reported his first post as an OP and then started this thread and stuck around for over an hour. that's what i meant by "rethinking".

and that censor app blocks some words that you'll find in every medical journal or newspaper publication, not just the "usual suspects", but pictures like this slip through. and apparently very easily.

mods--i think you have an ongoing problem with this censorship issue. i'm reporting as soon as i see it, but it's very quick and keeps changing names.

Instead of complaining about the software capabilities just keep reporting. We're doing everything we can.... and we DO appreciate the help!

Thanks nick!

it's not just the "word" that got blocked-i was suspended briefly from further posting immediately after my first post...

Are you talking about the 30-second (or whatever it is) delay before one is allowed to post again? Because your second post was one minute after the first. I don't think you were "blocked."

Are you talking about the 30-second (or whatever it is) delay before one is allowed to post again? Because your second post was one minute after the first. I don't think you were "blocked."

i was *instantly* blocked with a message from HC that they don't "appreciate that kind of thing* for my use of the word p0rnography. *instantly* , when i started to chase the spam and notify HC. bear in mind that i live in germany. when i wake up and chase this naughty fella around you're still ASLEEP.

Nick I appreciate you being up at some ungodly hour hunting spam - that is not something I need to have pop up on my screen at work.

i was *instantly* blocked with a message from HC that they don't "appreciate that kind of thing* for my use of the word p0rnography. *instantly* , when i started to chase the spam and notify HC. bear in mind that i live in germany. when i wake up and chase this naughty fella around you're still ASLEEP.

I am aware of your location. Since your second post was one minute after the first, however, I didn't understand how you were "blocked."