Graphics_cowgirl

Extremely Aggressive Horse On The Ground.

Glad she is coming around... ITs is odd how some have an issue with herds.. and never really adjust...She could end up fine by herself for awhile then act up when you show her because of close proximity to others.. who's to say.. time sometimes does heal what has been wronged... some never really learn... I've gotten to the age of not wanting to bother with knuckleheads anymore... it hurts...

Cute picture by the way..You must think I'm stupid or something.. I didn't say he loves me, he loves the "kiss" part like some like a good rub down... Its how we great each other, He don't like rub downs...its how he greets other humans when he is TOLD to do so..Its actually his way of being gentle....Kinda like a dog does shaking a paw....he's very smart and very weird with how things work for him. Probably would have made a good trick horse candidate...He loves trying to shovel horse manure...something he learned from watching humans...he enjoys the attention it gets him and making you laugh.., but he is treated like a horse at all times and his eyes and ears are VERY readable.. at least he isn't a donkey's behind anymore. I came down pretty hard on him years ago and he remembers it ..he didn't like it either...He never needed a herd because he hated herd dynamics because seriously.... I think he thinks horses are stupid, easily tormented, and can be made to run like idiots and yes he purposely gets them going when he is BORED........He actually blows up and gets the herd going while he rears in the middle of the kaos tossing his head. He enjoys making the rest panic! If a horse could laugh he would be... He needed dominant humans to respect because he never had that in his early years...I had to teach him how to be a horse again first though, then I moved to the FUN side of his personality...Its how I get him to do things by making things fun..he's a good horse that tried to treat stupid humans like he does the stupid horses..he just needed smart humans to put him in his place........HOWEVER back to DTP'S issue.....

Your small progress got me thinking... have you gone out in the middle of the night...say 2 am ..go up to the fence singing to her or just humming a song... see if she come up to greet you nicely... rub her head.. give a snack and go back inside... being alone isn't natural for a horse. If she looks forward to greeting you every night..you can gain more ground... Not in a stall in a barn either...make her stay outside in a paddock. I had to do this with Lakota for about two months when I first got her...it does make them softer..

AD

Alaskandraft they do laugh. I've heard Rose after she tipped over my wheel barrow full of manure as she ran away with her tail stuck up in the air. If you listen real close you can hear it.

Deb comes up and dumps it with her head , walks away with a twitch of her tail..You have to intercept quick if you want it to stay in the barrel..!

They do have senses of humor...I am very leary of those that aren't and look at you with empty eyes... something or someone has hurt them sometime in their lives or have head issues from birth... very untrustworthy are those that can't laugh at life..Human and horse...

AD

Was reading this, actually looking to see if anyone else has dealt with a Jekyll/Hyde horse before. We have a gelding in his teens, who is awesome under saddle for anyone, is even qualified and a member on our sheriff dept SAR unit, and great in parades and with public all while saddled or altered. When in pasture he will pin ears and charge. If you throw up arms or just point at him he veers off, or will stop short of you and present his side or rear and watches you, while looking away. He will come between us and the other geldings, try to herd them away, ect... We do get after him, and he has gotten better with us, but with other people he will charge them over the fence, he actually will patrol the fence line between the stranger and the other geldings. Even if the people are across the yard, if he hears them, he is on guard. Problem is we are now forced to re-home him. When we first got him my husband remembers the lady mentioning he was better kept by himself??