llbperformancehorses

Turps Hard Luck Lucy In Foal To Howelling Corona (Jasper)

Just thought I would start my 2013 foal thread!! My broodmare Turps Hard Luck Lucy, whose full and half siblings are 1D barrel and pole horses. Full sister won congress last year in AMA Poles (select but time would have won the AMA also) and was reserve this year in AMA Select as well as 4th in the average of the sweepstakes. Her Half sister same stallion won the AMA Select poles this year and was 5th in the barrels at Congress. I personally know the people that raised the mare (i own now) and all of her siblings. There are limited foals out of the mare's sire and super limited out of the mare's dam. My mare is the only breeding full or half sister to these horses. She wasinjured as a early 2 and never fully recovered hence why she is a broodmare. The ppl that own the full siblings also have her first foal who is started really nice and they feel like she is going to make the calaber horses of her aunts.

She is in foal to Howelling Corona AKA Jasper for a late April baby!! I am so excited about this cross!! Pics from Last week.

74FB5613-B65F-49BE-89E3-DE01A49B5F28-13258-000013931570BCA6.jpg

D41DEDA2-1028-41D4-AEDA-536394A50181-13258-000013930BC54CB7.jpg

D279F221-4611-447E-818E-41B39F1BD487-13258-00001392F87FF667.jpg

66DF1B73-2FE5-4AE1-BD40-993F81AA38B7-13258-00001393040AE697.jpg

Yes, they are on allbreedpedigree.com. This mare doesnt have just a whole lot on her papers, but she is the only breeding full or half sister to 1D barrel and pole horses. Her full sister has multiple top 5s at Congress, NAILE, Fort Worth, World Show, and Dixie Nationals. Her half sister out of the same stallion won Congress this year. She was injured as a long yearling and they never did much with her except breed her. She has the same look as her sisters and moves just like them!!

haha, maybe it's just the photos but her ears look HUGE! she's super cute. Can't wait to see resulting baby... Jasper is amazing.

Do not worry....jasper has very small ears everything should equal out LOL

KCM_3183-HUNNICUTT.jpg

I am really looking forward to this cross i think you are going to have one very nice foal out of this breeding still hoping for a filly so it can get the x-factor large heart gene.....great for endurance!

KCM_3161-HUNNICUTT.jpg

I do have to add I love Lucy....she has substance a gorgeous head and a willing attutude with speed and rate....with jasper i think something special is going to be created by these two very nice horses! Congrates!

Edited by cmpsp1

Thank you so much Eskielvr....I do love my boy but I am sooooooo Biased LOL

My son, who is so not into horses saw me looking at Jaspers pictures and said... Wow! I like that one! Lol.

Thanks again eskielvr....How old is your son?....I know what you mean...I have a son who is not into horses either and a daughter too who is not into them, but both love Jasper......he can melt any heart because as nice as he looks....his temperment and his attitude are the most beautiful things about him....he is a love and so eager to please!

Thanks again eskielvr....How old is your son?....I know what you mean...I have a son who is not into horses either and a daughter too who is not into them, but both love Jasper......he can melt any heart because as nice as he looks....his temperment and his attitude are the most beautiful things about him....he is a love and so eager to please!

He is 14. I bribe him into riding with me sometimes, cause I don't like riding alone all the time. He always enjoys it when he is out tho.

And Jasper has that look in his eye.. that "love me and I will love you" look. You are incredibly blessed to have such a fantastic horse.

He is 14. I bribe him into riding with me sometimes, cause I don't like riding alone all the time. He always enjoys it when he is out tho.

And Jasper has that look in his eye.. that "love me and I will love you" look. You are incredibly blessed to have such a fantastic horse.

Eskielvr your a lucky woman...that your son rides with you...both of mine do not ride i am the only rider in our family hubby before tieing the knot use to ride with me....since the I do...Nope no more riding :(

I do feel blessed every day, even though there has been a lot of pain oover the last 5 years, lost dad 3 years ago uncle and aunt 2 years ago, another uncle a year after that.....sister had breast cancer surgery thos year, lost our brother to cancer a year ago dec 7th. 2 good friends to cancer in the last year. had to move Jasper mid breeding season because the farm and collection fees were so high no one could afford to breed to him....now finally at the new farm i have made friends and people feel good about breeding and working with these wonderful people and through it all my husband and Jasper have helped me to face such diffeculties with strenght love and acceptance....I am indeed blessed and I am humbled by it.

Jasper really enjoyes to be loved on and handled he thrives on contact.....I really do believe in the positive influence of imprinting them at birth!.

I am so glad you enjoyed the race video...I hope it turns out to be a filly too. I really think Jasper's true potential in the breeding shed will be as a broodmare sire above all else.

I love to see the second gen of HC being born! I am so excited...I do not have grandkids...this is the clossest i think I will ever get. Daughter and her husband do not want kids and fixed it so it wouldnt. Son is not interested in a serious relationship until he gets his career path in order...currently the future is not looking very bright since he can only find part time jobs......so he is currently roosting back home....We pray that things get better with the economy so his college education opens up opportunities for him...right now not much hiring for teachers going on.

Thank you all for your support and encouragement....we are looking forward to seeing this next foal crop and in a few years seeing these youngsters making a name for themselves and their daddy! I actually hope some show their weanlings and yearlings....halter judges are looking more for the working type QH in halter now.....you might just be surprised how well they do.

LOL.. my daughter is old enough to be a mother, and I am WAY ready to be a Grandma, but I am NOT ready for her to be a mother! (does that even make sense??)

I am so sorry that you have had such a hard year. I can understand where you are coming from. ((HUGS)) to you, and I hope that your 2013 is the best it can be!

:) Thank you so very much!!! I am so super excited about this cross!! I think these two will compliment each other very well.

Lucy is enjoying her turnout with the other mares and a gelding.

I cannot wait to see the baby!!

Can I ask... what are plans for baby? So you race, or do barrels, or Hunter/Jumper???

:) I plan to possibly show halter as a baby at the local AQHA shows (WTQHA) and then barrels and possibly roping :) Would love to have an all around that can show in the Ranch classes, possibly HUS as a two-four year old. I dont like to push barrel and rope babies. I like them to have a good handle and have seen alot before i put them on the pattern :)

LOL.. my daughter is old enough to be a mother, and I am WAY ready to be a Grandma, but I am NOT ready for her to be a mother! (does that even make sense??) YES!

I am so sorry that you have had such a hard year. I can understand where you are coming from. ((HUGS)) to you, and I hope that your 2013 is the best it can be!

Thank you so much Eskielvr I wish the same for you as well, health prosperity and wonderful memories to last a lifetime!

:) I plan to possibly show halter as a baby at the local AQHA shows (WTQHA) and then barrels and possibly roping :) Would love to have an all around that can show in the Ranch classes, possibly HUS as a two-four year old. I dont like to push barrel and rope babies. I like them to have a good handle and have seen alot before i put them on the pattern :)

Sounds like a GREAT plan! I could not agree more. Wonderful plans I will be watching this foals progress closely.....I am counting on you to keep me in the loop! :) I really think this is going to be a very special baby! Hope this year brings you a very special surprise.....healthy happy foaling vibes sent your way! Happy New year!

I absolutely will!! I am not the best about keeping updates on here, but my phone is directly linked to facebook so it makes it easy to stay updated on there!!! I have super high hopes for this baby, both in the arena and out. Thank you all for the healthy foal vibes, and Happy New Year to you as well!!!

No baby this year :( Mare slipped late term. As did my other mare who was due within a week of this mare. Vet suspects lepto so we are doing bloodwork to find out for sure. I choose to breed my mare Etta Lena back to Jasper instead of Lucy. She was confirmed in for at 19 days this past Monday :)

So very sorry. Hopefully this time things go better for you. Good luck, and good luck treating the lepto.