Sign in to follow this  
emmaphillips92

Would These Bloodlines Make A Nice Barrel Horse?

Nothing jumps out at me as being a "popular" barrel line at the moment, but with some TB blood and I looked at a couple pictures on the top side and some look a little "racey".

More importantly what's she look like? I run a grade gelding that we think is QH/TB/saddlebred. But we like the way he's built and he's got try. If we keep improving the way we've been we'll be running 3D times.

Also, what are you looking for? Local play day? State association or a ticket to the NFR?

uhm, this horse has bada$$ racing bloodlines MCB. not popular? Famous Charmer is by the Signature, Sweep The Leg Johnny-grandson of The Signature and The Signature is also the sire of the legendary Rare Form. i dont know much about barrel racing, but i do know racing, and if these lines arent 'popular' they should be. and as for TimeTo ThinkRich he is by far the most influential stud to quarters as was Three Bars. i have 3 TimeTo Think Rich grandbabies or great grands- love them. as for the bottom side i only know Groovy, but im not abreast with thoroughbreds :ashamed0002: . anyway, would LOVE a pix!

There's not much that jumps out at me as far as the "popular" barrel racing bloodlines, but your horse certainly has racing QH speed on the top, and TB speed on the bottom.

While pedigree can help you estimate if you will have a winning barrel horse, it certainly is only one aspect to consider.

I find that conformation and the horse's willingness/try are much better indicators, than strictly pedigree.

Do you have a photo you can post of your horse? There's certain conformation characteristics we look for in a barrel horse, and while not every winning barrel horse will have the perfect conformation, it is a good start.

But most importantly, a horse that loves his job and tries hard everytime, will trump pedigree and can trump conformation (granted, if there isn't something serious that is going to cause soundness issues down the road).