Greenhaven

New Year's Weight Loss Support Group?

Uggg....feeling sick, just ate some dark chocolate with peanut butter...and some BBQ potato chips.

I wanted a snack.......I over did it just a tad....didn't even eat that much, but I usually don't eat that stuff bit once or twice a week.

Off in search of the Pepto.

Been doing great! No fast food, snack wise it's mostly fruits and even then it's fewer now that I'm eating decent food.

Had salmon the other night. Cooked and seasoned it myself. It was perfect! I was so proud. I've never cooked fish. Just regular meats like chicken and beef and stuff.

I've become the chef and grocery shopper here. Any ideas for healthy snacks, guys? Or dinners that are simple for a 17 year old to make during school and before/after a job? Starting my new job soon and want to still feed the family. :)

Also been doing the couch to 5k every night. It's getting easier and at one point I accidentally skilled out on a walking period because I didn't hear it say walk, and my friend and I just kept running till the next run session. I don't have a scale so I Don't know what I'm at weight wise, but I'm feeling better!

Uggg....feeling sick, just ate some dark chocolate with peanut butter...and some BBQ potato chips.

I wanted a snack.......I over did it just a tad....didn't even eat that much, but I usually don't eat that stuff bit once or twice a week.

Off in search of the Pepto.

I waaay overdid it yesterday. I am eating as lightly as possible today, even skipping the coffee and drinking tea instead. Of course I have to put ground chocolate and coconut milk creamer in my coffee, so rich even if it is only 84 calories.

Been doing great! No fast food, snack wise it's mostly fruits and even then it's fewer now that I'm eating decent food.

Had salmon the other night. Cooked and seasoned it myself. It was perfect! I was so proud. I've never cooked fish. Just regular meats like chicken and beef and stuff.

I've become the chef and grocery shopper here. Any ideas for healthy snacks, guys? Or dinners that are simple for a 17 year old to make during school and before/after a job? Starting my new job soon and want to still feed the family. :)

Also been doing the couch to 5k every night. It's getting easier and at one point I accidentally skilled out on a walking period because I didn't hear it say walk, and my friend and I just kept running till the next run session. I don't have a scale so I Don't know what I'm at weight wise, but I'm feeling better!

Hoku, nuts make a great snack! I am not crazy about plain nuts or ones that aren't honey-roasted (yes, I have a sugar problem) but I do buy these cocoa-dusted almonds made by Blue Diamond (I think.) No artifical sweeteners but just enough cocoa to make you think you are getting a real treat.

I'll have to skim through my recipes and see what I can come up with. Maybe we can start a separate thread for healthy recipes?

Edited by Greenhaven

Hoku, nuts make a great snack! I am not crazy about plain nuts or ones that aren't honey-roasted (yes, I have a sugar problem) but I do buy these cocoa-dusted almonds made by Blue Diamond (I think.) No artifical sweeteners but just enough cocoa to make you think you are getting a real treat.

I'll have to skim through my recipes and see what I can come up with. Maybe we can start a separate thread for healthy recipes?

That's a great idea about the desperate thread!! The only nuts ill eat is pistachios, I dunno why. Almonds, peanuts, etc just don't taste good to me.

That's a great idea about the desperate thread!! The only nuts ill eat is pistachios, I dunno why. Almonds, peanuts, etc just don't taste good to me.

Of all the nuts, pistachios are the lowest in fat, my weakness is almonds, especially the cinnamon ones.....YUMMY!

Desperate thread. *giggle* That gave me a good laugh this morning LOL

Can I ask you, to please consider changing your signature picture? It's funny, but I feel so bad for that dog...LOL!

:rotf:

I had a few bites of choc. chip cookie dough and then 2 cookies this morning. Oops!

My back and neck have been so incredibly achey and stiff. It makes me not wanna move, but I think today I will make the effort to walk on the TM for a little while!

My DS will probably want to play in the snow so we'll make time to do that.

I found this cool snow-marble idea on Pinterest, where you fill balloons with water and a few drops of food coloring. Throw the balloons outside to freeze then peel the balloon off. You're left with awesome looking marble balls. Ours are lining the driveway and around the mailbox. Pretty sweet!

Pomegranates! Any ideas on how good they are for you? I just took the seeds out of two and I'm eating a small coffe cup half full of them.

I should probably jump into this too, though I am not starting until Monday. There's a big football game this weekend and I know there will be wings and beer, so I'd just be setting myself up to fail if I started now, haha.

Anyways, I'm about 5'5ish and right now am at 158 lbs. This is the heaviest I've ever been, and although I don't really look overweight, I certainly don't feel that great about myself and would like to see a more toned and healthier me. When I am not so sedentary (school keeps me sitting most days, then not wanting to spend the time cooking healthy meals after a long day) and eating mostly right, my body tends to be in the 140ish area. For now, that is my goal, although after that I would like to try for 130-135.

I also have a little extra incentive to get in shape as my brothers GF and I are planning to do whats called a "Hard Charger", it's a 4 mile obstacle course similar to a Tough Mudder and all those other obstacle races that have become so popular the last couple years. The race is in June, so hopefully that gives me plenty of time to tone up and get fit!

My plan is to work out at least 4 times a week, hopefully won't be too hard with a new fitness center opening at my school, cut out pop, no snacking during class unless it's fruit/veggies, increase water intake, cook more whole foods for dinners (no more easy boxed stuff), and also try to cut out carbs a couple days a week..they are my weak spot.

Good luck to all! I will check in next week!

Today, I have drank (6) 20 ounce bottles of water and no sodas. I add Crystal Light Energy powder to my water, so I am still getting enough caffeine to keep the headaches at bay. I feel good today. A friend of mine sells ItWorks products, and I tried one of the wraps last night. It is for cleaning out toxics. I just felt that I needed a boost to get me started on this journey. Good job everyone.

Did you know, walking in cold weather/snow, will burn more calories than walking on a treadmill?

Same for mud, which I have a lot of right now. And when you have to carry a couple bales of hay any distance through that carp, you get a REAL workout.

Oh, hey neighbor! :smileywavey:

Today, I have drank (6) 20 ounce bottles of water and no sodas. I add Crystal Light Energy powder to my water, so I am still getting enough caffeine to keep the headaches at bay. I feel good today. A friend of mine sells ItWorks products, and I tried one of the wraps last night. It is for cleaning out toxics. I just felt that I needed a boost to get me started on this journey. Good job everyone.

120 oz? WOW!!! That's impressive, jonathan!

I ate pretty lightly today, at least compared to yesterday. :sick: Two bananas with peanut butter for breakfast, a couple cups of tea, then baked penne for an early dinner. Not the best food, but muuuuch less than yesterday. My husband was being super sweet in the face of my crankies and brought home a bag of Lindor truffles from the grocery. :duh: I had a couple.

I had some rice left over from yesterday's pork fried rice, so I had rice and raisins with a little cinnamon for lunch. That followed my ham and one egg that was breakfast. Now I'm not really hungry, but looking for a light snack for a supper. Wish I had already steamed that cabbage, chunk of that would be nice right now.

Can I jump in late? I have about twenty pounds to lose. I'm 5'1 and am about 130. Sometimes a pound or two less.

I finally found an endocrinologist who is really wonderful and is desicated to helping me with my thyroid...and my first step is trying to cut out processed foods. Hubby got me an elliptical for my birthday, so I'm dusting it off and am setting a goal for twenty minutes every weekday, right after hubby leaves and baby wakes up.

I did pretty good today. Had nice whole grain oatmeal for breakfast, a healthy lunch and dinner. I didnt drink as much water as I should of and i did get into the chocolates someone brought into the clinic, but only one of those at least.

Can I jump in late? I have about twenty pounds to lose. I'm 5'1 and am about 130. Sometimes a pound or two less.

I finally found an endocrinologist who is really wonderful and is desicated to helping me with my thyroid...and my first step is trying to cut out processed foods. Hubby got me an elliptical for my birthday, so I'm dusting it off and am setting a goal for twenty minutes every weekday, right after hubby leaves and baby wakes up.

Of course you can!

I'll join in :) I joined Weight Watchers online since the thought of paying money for it can help me stay motivated to use it :winking: Plus I like how certain foods (most fruits and veggies) are 'free' so I feel more encouraged to eat those healthier foods than the other less healthy things. I really like the points system. I'm a few days in and am down about 8 lbs, but I know it will slow down after my first week or two. So now I'm right about at 200lbs and 5'6" I'd like to eventually get down to around 150ish, but I'll just start with 10lbs at a time. Anything less than what I'm at now is good progress :happy0203:

Good luck everyone! :yahoo:

Today I was pretty short on the food-list, but that didn't make it any healthier.

Didn't make time for breakfast before I rode for a couple hours (SO FUN IN THE SNOW!) then split a pizza with my SO for lunch, then we took DS and his little friends sledding for a couple hours. I sipped a hot cocoa while making dinner -- choc. chip pancakes, spam, and scrambled eggs. My SO and DS gobbled up all 8!!!! eggs I scrambled before I had a chance to sit down to eat.

My face is thoroughly chapped and my legs are sufficiently sore. We had a great day!

Now I'm off to plug in my info on MFP..

How is everyone tonight?

Did good today! Ate healthy all day long, even at the baby shower I went to. I managed to stear clear of all the junk food and chocolate they had. Grabbed a water there instead of the sugary drinks. i did have one of the little cupcakes they had but not to bad. Been better about drinking enough water too. Got my workout today cleaning out the barn really well.

I didn't drink quite as much water today, but I have drank 3 bottles so far. Not done yet. Went grocery shopping tonight and found some foods to take to work this week. I am a teacher and our school's food is not always the healthiest, so I try not to eat there too often. I have decided not to weigh for another week. I know it will discourage me, so I am going to give myself a little longer to see progress.

two meals today :) Pizza, and I could actually taste it! And homemade chicken noodle soup...maybe that'll cure me, here's hopin! Tomorrow, I ride!

Hey, ya'll are doing so well!

My weight didn't move at all this week, but I am not surprised. I only had two good days of proper eating. I did get on the treadmill 2 or 3 times, so that is a good thing.

Still struggling to get my greens in. I guess a cold salad is better than a frozen smoothie. I think I will pick up some ingredients.

Sidenote: twice this week I made meals appropriate in size for just two people. It has been a really struggle for me to learn how to not cook for a houseful and all the stragglers.

I did hill intervals on the treadmill the other day. I liked it, but I really need to figure out how to program it to so it automatically. 4mph is quite fast for me for 45 minutes, but that is how long it takes me to watch a recorded episode of Law and Order, so... :confused0024: