Greenhaven

New Year's Weight Loss Support Group?

I started today and was planning to workout, but had a horrible headache this morning. I decided to start with my eating today and tomorrow I will start my workouts.

The eating went well today though, and we also went grocery shopping and got a bunch of healthy foods. We are now stocked with a TON of Greek yogurt thanks to some great coupons. Also got a bunch of Lean Cuisine meals that were on sale, those come in handy for quick meals at school.

I am actually excited to start working out tomorrow. And now, I'm off to take the dog for a walk!

I started today and was planning to workout, but had a horrible headache this morning. I decided to start with my eating today and tomorrow I will start my workouts.

The eating went well today though, and we also went grocery shopping and got a bunch of healthy foods. We are now stocked with a TON of Greek yogurt thanks to some great coupons. Also got a bunch of Lean Cuisine meals that were on sale, those come in handy for quick meals at school.

I am actually excited to start working out tomorrow. And now, I'm off to take the dog for a walk!

My dog and I just walked about 4 miles. Felt nice and he got some exercise. Ate light today, and even though I haven't lost weight, I do enjoy this feeling.

Im getting ready to head to the gym for an hour long zumba class, deffinatly a good workout there. I have done really well on what I ate today too! Just need to work on the water consumption though.

joined MFP...entered in the last few days meals...it yelled at me for not eating enough. It doesn't have an "I'm recovering from the nasties and am depressed and have no appetite" button...it so should.

Rode a horse yesterday...I am so sore from riding!! You'd think, a person who rides 2-8+ horses almost daily for the last 4 years wouldn't get sore from a 2 week break. you'd think.

I am shed of one pound! I have been eating a ton of veggies, drinking my water and haven't missed a day on my elliptical. Hopefully I can keep up the momentum!

You guys are rockin'! I expect to be shed of quite a bit of water weight in the next couple days, so hopefully that will be an encouragement.

I wish we would get some snow, I really want to learn to CC ski.

I love these threads! So motivational.

I'm very active, eat pretty clean, would like to lose 10 vanity pounds. Im aiming for an Olympic training camp in April, would like to be super fit and improve my swimming by then, and catch the eye of selectors. I ran 4 miles yesterday (brutal hills) and will be going fencing tonight. Will also be starting healthy smoothies tonight, for three days, hopefully kickstart some weightloss.

Haven't been doing awesome, but I've been trying! I did actually go out to eat a couple of times already this month (ugh) but *I* didn't have much say in the matter and I didn't pay for it. Since my goal is also to save money, I at least didn't totally fail.

I've been trying to have a yummy breakfast and a big-ish lunch, then a nice snack size dinner. This morning I had a greek yogurt, a glass of skim milk, and a chocolate muffin, <-- disclaimer: chocolate cake mix + greek yogurt, no eggs or oil. I get my chocolate kick for the day and then I am done.

I made deer chili, which is pretty slim on the cals. Tons of protein. That has been my lunch for a couple of days.

I forgot to weigh myself :-( And I don't have a scale. I should get one, I guess. I also left my other running shoe at my mom's house, so that is NO good. Hopefully she can meet me with it this weekend.

Just got done working out with one of my DVDs and it felt so good!

Keep up the great work everyone, I can't wait to start seeing results in a week or so!

Just got done working out with one of my DVDs and it felt so good!

Keep up the great work everyone, I can't wait to start seeing results in a week or so!

Okay, okay, okay. I feel like carp today, and just want to go back to bed. But instead I will open up the Pilates dvd and kick it.

Okay, okay, okay. I feel like carp today, and just want to go back to bed. But instead I will open up the Pilates dvd and kick it.

Do it! You will feel great afterward!

Okay, so that didnlt go well. Embarrassingly badly, as a matter of fact. I was perturbed by how quickly the leaders went, even in the "introduction" session. And I cannot do even ONE sit-up, I kid you not. I couldn't keep up. I was also having some pain in my back, so I quit the Pilates dvd and got out my stretching book. I did some gentle ab crunches and some general and overall stretching, and I feel much better.

I need to remember to stretch every single day. And I need to start a LOT more slowly on the core strengthening. I am shocked at how little core strength for someone who is strong like I am. I mean, I do all my own barn chores/hay stacking, most of my landscape installations, gardening, etc. How can I not even do one sit-up?

On a good note, I did discover that we have a fitness allotment on our health savings account, that will cover the cost of my membership to the fit center! That is very very cool!!! I think I will renew my membership this afternoon. Then I can have access to the pool and fitness room.

If you exercise too close to bedtime the endorphin and adrenaline releases can keep you shiny and bright way past your bedtime. How close to bedtime you can get away with it really depends on the person.

I'm not a morning person, the only time I can get my self out of bed before I have to get up at 7 is if I ride in the morning in the summer. Can't seem to get on any regularity to work out though. So I regularly end up working out after work, after I ride, so usually 8 pm or later. Work out for an hour, come home, shower, book, bed, and I'm asleep when my head hits the pillow at 11 or 12.

Granola for breakfast, 2 thin crust pizza slices and a salad for lunch, a mini egg white and sugarfree cupcake . . . and then dinner was my first Dr. Oz shake. The good thing? I am no longer hungry at all. That's because it's not very tasty, but at least super healthy. Hopefully the morning ones taste better.

Exercise . . . minimal. Hour and a half teaching a friend how to fence, so some lunges and work, but nothing like usual. It's ok though, I needed a break after I pushed myself with running 4 miles yesterday. Tomorrow I have to ride, and I'll try and fit something in during lunch, some kettlebell probably. That's a quick calorie killer.

Well, didn't lose any more the past week, but didn't gain any either. I suppose that's some sort of progress. Just have to try harder THIS week.

I didn't get the chance to work out today, but the hubs and I started a juice diet today. We have fresh veg/fruit juice for breakfast, then some salad and protein for lunch and some veggie snacks then juice for dinner! I weighed myself on Sunday night and then again tonight (we started eating healthier on Monday then started juicing today) and I've lost 4 lbs. part of that or all of it is probably water weight from the weekend lol, but it's still progress!!

I probably want to get down to about 140. Tonight I was 156.6 and I'm about 5'7 or so. I might want to lose more when I get to 140, but I think 16lbs is a realistic goal for now.

I'm usually pretty good at working out during my lunch break.. My issue is staying away from sweets and not eating/drinking too much on the weekends. Also, since I hang out with mainly guys my portion sizes are probably too big. I'm thinking the juicing will help shrink my stomach though, so hopefully that will help with portion control! :)

has anybody tried zumba? i hear it's a lot of fun, so you don't have to *psych* yourself up to do it. a friend's husband who is an incredibly fit runner and cyclist was close to collapsing after one session, but with a big smile on his face :P .

I'm a little late on the New Years resolutions, but here I am. I am roughly 225 right now, I would be very happy losing 50lbs. I lost 75lbs around 10 years ago doing low carb/high protein diet, basically it was a diabetic diet and I felt great, but have since gained it all back, and then some with my last pregnancy, bed rest for 10 weeks made me lose muscle and toning, and then I had to have a c section so it furthered my progress along with back problems from the spinal. I tried dieting before using weight watchers and I felt as though I was starving myself, on the low carb/high protein I felt fuller longer. My biggest issue is I love carbs, I love pasta and toast and certain sweets, although I don't really like the sweets most people like, like pies and candy bars, so I am at sort of an advantage there. I would walk/run at least 3 times a week which quickly progressed to working out 7 days a week and then coming home and doing pilates, which was great for flexibility.

Now, I am limited to walking with baby but I did splurge and buy Zumba last summer, I really want to start it and I think I will start doing it with my daughter since she loves when I dance with her, it would be a good thing for her as well I think. So, starting TOMORROW (I already ate buttered toast today and well, I need a day to get what I want in lol) I will be watching what I eat but starting TODAY I will start Zumba and attempting to take walks with the little lady (or ponehs, they need exercise just as much as I do LOL)

I want to work on losing pounds and toning and rebuilding abdominal muscles mostly.

I'm doing pretty good with my eating and yesterday played a lot of Wii. Both the tennis/bowling/whatever else games and other more "fun" games... a dancing one and a racing one. My arms are especially sore after the racing one... you have to pump your arms up and down to get speed. Oofta!

I did another hour long zumba class tonight at my gym, got a great workout! Ate fairly healthy today, got into a few of the treats someone brought into the clinic but otherwise good. Did better with drinking water today too.

Did you know, walking in cold weather/snow, will burn more calories than walking on a treadmill?

Not up here it won't...it will however increase your chances of freezing to death :winking::happy0203:

Edited by Mudder

Well the diet is going well so far...I'm starting a 30 day workout challenge today with thedailyHiit.com (used to be bodyrock.tv). I've done their workouts before and now that they're doing a 30 day challenge I really want to follow along and stick with it!

Since Sunday night Alex is down 7lbs and I'm down 5. We just need to stay positive and stick with it. Watching food commercials on tv is like torture though...ugh

Did Zumba today. My daughter was having fun playing with the extra sets of weights/noise makers I bought with the DVD set. It was actually quite fun, and I could feel my muscles working on the beginner DVD lol. Not sure that is a good thing, it probably means I'm way out of shape, but that could be a good thing too, it may be fairly easy for me to lose weight for at least a little while here.

Diet started today, so far so good. My biggest weakness is pop, and I am trying to drink more water to replace it.

Didn't workout yesterday, but I did ride for the first time in months, so I was still sore this morning.

I worked out with my "The Firm" DVD this morning. Eating is still going well, however I am trying my first low carb day today and hating it. I like to snack on fruits, veggies, and Greek yogurt, but they have quite a bit of carbs. I don't know what to snack on! I might just end up cutting out breads, pastas, rice, etc. on certain days. Rather than basically all carbs.

Didn't workout yesterday, but I did ride for the first time in months, so I was still sore this morning.

I worked out with my "The Firm" DVD this morning. Eating is still going well, however I am trying my first low carb day today and hating it. I like to snack on fruits, veggies, and Greek yogurt, but they have quite a bit of carbs. I don't know what to snack on! I might just end up cutting out breads, pastas, rice, etc. on certain days. Rather than basically all carbs.

Yes, you cannot cut all carbs, and there is a big difference between simple (bad) carbs and complex (good) carbs. There is no reason at all to limit your fresh fruits and veggies unless you are diabetic, then a slight limitation on your fruits. Whole grains are GOOD for you, and and carbohydrates are what trigger your brain and tell your tummy it isn't hungry anymore.

Eat as many fruits and veggies as you want, particularly raw or frozen. For veggies you might not want to stick only with corn and carrots, but otherwise it is a GOGOGO on the veggies. :yay:

Try cutting out the "whites": white rice, white bread, potatoes, pasta, etc....then you are on the right track.