Sign in to follow this  
Alicia Schueler

Those We Lost In 2012

No one this year. One of my cats died last year, the day after Christmas. My parents both died a couple of years ago, within two weeks of each other.

We lost our daughter 10 years ago, to cancer, it seems like yesterday, sometimes.

My Dakota...I'm so sorry about your husband...I had no idea, how devastating.

People pass, animals pass, we have no control over that and even though we love and miss them, it's up to US, the ones still here, to make sure they are not forgotten and as long as we remember them, they never will be.

:angel3::huggy: to everyone who's lost a loved one...two and four legged.

Kina, Mal was adorable. He looks a little like a coydog. It's so hard when they've been there for us for so long.

Thanks, LC. One of my coworkers called him "Dingo."

I did DNA on him and he was a true Heinz 57 -- 10 to 20% each of Rottweiler, Boston Terrier, and Sheltie and less than 10% each of Chihuahua and greyhound! I called him a Third World Dog because you see mutts his size (45 to 55 pounds), shape, coloring, etc., all over the place. It's kinda cool to see his "cousins" everywhere!

In May of 2011 I lost my father, who was my best friend, my rock, my everything. He was 51 years old, and it was exactly 1 month after my birthday.

July of this year I sold his horse, and then October I put down his dog Wendyl.

Here's hoping 2013 really is better, because i'm ready to just be done.

Oh my Dakota! I didn't know this! I am so sorry.

My condolences to everyone else as well.

It's okay KL. I was already not posting here anymore by the time it happened, so I am not surprised you missed it. Andi did post here telling anyone who might want to send good thoughts, but it flew largely under the radar here otherwise. I will msg you my name on FB, in case you would like to keep up more. I always enjoyed talking to you.

We too have had our heart breaks.

In November my MIL had a massive stroke, and was paralyzed on her left side. This also left her with no swallow reflex, so was intubated, and fed that way. As she as not getting any better, and had left words that she NOT be kept alive artificially, we brought her home on hospice, and she passed on the 20th of December. Happy Christmas huh?

97 years young, and had been a real lady her whole life!

Last year, ( 2011), I lost my Mother to colon cancer, and she passed in only 2 weeks after diognosis, so had been in pain, and hiding it for some time. My Dad is now in a place called an "Assisted Living Center", as he has had several small mini strokes, and has trouble walking, as well as some service related problems from 30 yrs in the Navy.

Stay well, and remember to say; "I Love You" to all who mean so much to us all!

Hey Kids....I know it is uncomforable, but go get a colonoscopy if you have changes. I have since my Mom's passing, and they did find a small set of poyps, and even a small bleeb, that they removed. As cancer runs in the family, I now have a test every other year as my GI Doc wants.

Edited by siseley

Mine is a small loss compared to other, like My Dakota, but the the small ones hurt too.

My favorite cat Tabasco

IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_3436.jpg

Edited by Runnin'Colors

Siseley, I'm so sorry for the loss of your MIL and mom. That must have been very difficult on you and your wife.

I'm sorry to hear your dad is having so much trouble. Please thank him for his 30 years of service for me. That is a big chunk of his life that he had to be separated from his family.

RC, I'm sorry for your sweet kitty and dog.

I lost my grandfather in march from althzimers. Then lost my best friend/ grandmother 4 months later, it was unexpected and devistating.

I think the loss of her husband of 68 years was just to much for her and took the fight out of her. They were both 84

We had a horrific year with regards to losing our wonderful pets. We lost Ranger, Rocketman, Louis, Marnis, Yuma and Monte Carlo. Yuma was 30 years old but still in excellent health as far as we were aware and his death at UTM was unexplained. I miss them all and I hope that this coming year will be a better one, although I can see signs of aging in Tango.

My condolences to everyone who has lost a friend, family member or a beloved pet. I know how terribly heartbreaking it is.

We had a horrific year with regards to losing our wonderful pets. We lost Ranger, Rocketman, Louis, Marnis, Yuma and Monte Carlo. Yuma was 30 years old but still in excellent health as far as we were aware and his death at UTM was unexplained. I miss them all and I hope that this coming year will be a better one, although I can see signs of aging in Tango.

My condolences to everyone who has lost a friend, family member or a beloved pet. I know how terribly heartbreaking it is.

Ranger and Rocketman were two of your dogs, right? Were all the rest horses? :huggy:

Many heartfelt condolences to all of you who have lost someone special in 2012. I came very close to losing my husband in October. We thought he had diabetes, but the real cause was his spleen. That had to be removed, and actually had caused the diabetic episode he experienced (his blood glucose had gone to 1500 mg/dl). He had pancreatitis (now resolved), and decreased liver and kidney function (also resolved). It took nearly two months for the doctors to figure out the real cause. His spleen hadn't been working for years possibly, and his body had walled it off. I saw pics of it after surgery, and it was necrotic and small. The only good to come of the whole ordeal is that hubby is no longer overweight, having lost about 55 pounds. He is back to work, and is feeling great.

Edited by N4L